Christie Golden working for Blizz...

General
The best selling author has signed up to work for Blizzard, but on what is being kept a secret for now!

New Starcraft Project?

New writer on the Warcraft team?

or now that Blizzard has it's own TV & Movie studio think we'll see something Warcrafty coming to small screens given that Skylander & CoD are the only 2 official projects...
She's a great writer, I love Warcrimes
Lord of the Clans is my favourite book of all time and I am happy that she is part of Blizzard officially, hope she can up the quality of Blizzard games stories and storytelling!
Isn't she the one who turned Arthas from tragic hero who fell trying to do what was right into prequel Anakin-like raving man-child who was always an evil little ****?
16/05/2017 16:53Posted by Synéa
Isn't she the one who turned Arthas from tragic hero who fell trying to do what was right into prequel Anakin-like raving man-child who was always an evil little ****?

Still better than Knaak.
16/05/2017 17:14Posted by Terajo

Still better than Knaak.

I dunno commanding a raptor army while having fiery red hair which can blind everyone with it's redness sounds super cool to me. (JK)
16/05/2017 17:14Posted by Terajo

Still better than Knaak.

Sure but then L. Ron Hubbard would be better than Knaak.
.... at least L. Ron came up with his own rubbish.
Regardless of what it is I'm excited. Christie Golden is awesome.

Funny that you put it this way, since all the way through WCIII I couldn´t stop comparing Arthas to Anakin.
16/05/2017 17:54Posted by Lightblade

Funny that you put it this way, since all the way through WCIII I couldn´t stop comparing Arthas to Anakin.

Obviously that's because Arthas is an Anakin-type.
That's why there's Anakin (tragic fallen hero) and prequel Anakin (spoiled brat psychopath)
Next Blizzard film... :P
Well, she tried to make Jaina normal again in War Crimes, so I guess she will definitely make something right.
16/05/2017 18:25Posted by Uruk
Well, she tried to make Jaina normal again in War Crimes, so I guess she will definitely make something right.

While further making Sylvanas and Vereesa look like deranged lunatics while simultaniously refusing to acknowledge Vereesa and Jaina's war crimes even while denouncing Garrosh for his.

.. granted much of that is Blizzard overall's fault so that story was likely a dumpster fire to work with from the start.
16/05/2017 18:19Posted by Harlee

As long it's animated and not crappy CGI!

I'd hazard a guess that she might be writing the next childrens books for the Traveller series...
16/05/2017 18:55Posted by Rhovanor
16/05/2017 18:19Posted by Harlee

As long it's animated and not crappy CGI!

But how can it be Warcraft without silly cartoon orcs?
16/05/2017 19:29Posted by Synéa
silly cartoon orcs

The Orcs were good, the rest of the FX sucked.
Am I the only one who liked the Warcraft movie? It seems everyone is hating on it these days. Video game adaptations have a horrible track record, and given how hard it is to accurately convey such things on screen, they did a pretty good job overall. My only gripes are that they didn't stay entirely true to the source material, but other than that it was worth every penny when I watched it in the cinema.
If we had storytelling in Wow like in Rise of the Horde, we'd be in a much better place. Hopefully she'll be able to inject her style in to the game because it so badly needs it.
16/05/2017 20:25Posted by Terajo
Am I the only one who liked the Warcraft movie? It seems everyone is hating on it these days. Video game adaptations have a horrible track record, and given how hard it is to accurately convey such things on screen, they did a pretty good job overall. My only gripes are that they didn't stay entirely true to the source material, but other than that it was worth every penny when I watched it in the cinema.

It was self-indulgent tripe that tramples all over the existing really good lore to tell a nonsense story.

And yes I know it's an "alternate timeline". That's a lazy excuse for messing around with the lore for no reason, and the way Metzen just had to shoehorn the birth of Green Jesus and make Durotan a martyr was absolutely sickening. After all these years the man still can't get over his own self-insert author avatar to the point he'll warp a whole continuity around him.
There's only a few things i don't like about her, the blue dragonflight disbanding for one, but that's more to blame on Dragon Soul's ending, and Thrall's time travl adventure, but really that's not important to me.

And War Crimes was great, so... this is a good thing.