Optional services does no harm.

General
By now you've probably read the title and the amount of thoughts in your head is beyond oblivion. Calm down. Take a deep breath, relax. Let's go for a journey.

Legion is unique because it's not about the class as much as before, but more about the different specs a class has. Talents do a small part of the class if you compare it with previous expansions. Artifact traits Is a cool idea and works well, for me it feels as it's passive or active spells from the spellbok (P) turned into passive traits. The bigger ones feel more like 110 passive talents triggered by RNG when a certain abillity is used. It's cool and all but as we speak it requires a lot of time to get the ones you need based on what direction you're going after in the game.

The questing is working just as it is, there are some improvements but those will always exist since we're all different with a odd touch of imagination. Legion storyline is amazing so far. There are two types - those who enjoy questing and chilling and those who don't. I belong to the ones who don't. There are several factors behind the reason and most of them are IRL based, which makes it irrelevant if I write them down. The 110 boosting service will be optional meaning there for the ones who want it.

I get it I truly do, dear reader It's a mmorpg game and it's supposed to be like this. The optional option does no harm to anyone in the game in any way I CAN THINK OF, its there.. right there and if you do not press it.. nothing happens!
Unfair? since some can't afford to pay for the boost and skip the levling is probably one of your thoughts and as a counter : There are people who have to decline their subscription due to the price. Yet everyone's minding their own business and doing their own thing. So why should blizzard implenting a 110 boost be wrong or not acceptable. There are many more out there in the community wanting the 110 boost as early as possible. We all have different amount of time in our days and it's reasonable - some just don't have as much SADLY.

Thank you for your understanding.
Yours,
Xántic
18/05/2017 00:23Posted by Xántic
I get it I truly do, dear reader It's a mmorpg game and it's supposed to be like this. The optional option does no harm to anyone in the game in any way I CAN THINK OF, its there.. right there and if you do not press it.. nothing happens!

The current population is mostly concentrated in a handful of super servers and that's significantly due to 'optional' character transfers.
Indeed, Blizzard have no incentive to ever balance server populations because of a system that profits mightily from server imbalance.
Get ready to be downvoted to oblivion, buddy.
Don't mind optional services. But as previously stated, one service is a middle finger to the community: character transfer.

Let's say i was on a populated servers. Over the course of the years, server got empty. It's pvp server with 3 tiimes more horde than alliance, and i'm an alliance. What do I do?
Transfer isn't really an option anymore, if i want to find a good guild, see an active trade chat, see people around me, then transfer becomes a necessity.
Race change? sure. Boost? Sure. ETc..
But transfer? No, there is an issue for some people. Blizzard should merge server intelligently according to current population, taking into account the horde/alliance ratio(especially for pvp server) while keeping the same rules RP/PVE/RP PVP/PVP.
And only at this point, i would have no issue with transfer, it would have become a true option, not a requirement to enjoy a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Play Game.
18/05/2017 00:29Posted by Someoneelse
18/05/2017 00:23Posted by Xántic

The current population is mostly concentrated in a handful of super servers and that's significantly due to 'optional' character transfers.

That is not blizzards fault to a big part.. The option is there because of players in the past have asked for it. With time the amount of subs dropped and It became like this. The service is there so players can enjoy the game even better with friends or whatever reason there is.However players do not take responsibillity for their actions which is one of the factors that've lead to a handfule of superservers today. I'm not saying that it's all on the player - but it's an important factor.
So are you telling me that you're so bone idle lazy that you cant even be bothered to level 10 levels?
18/05/2017 22:46Posted by Tanvar
So are you telling me that you're so bone idle lazy that you cant even be bothered to level 10 levels?

It's not about being lazy or such. Time is the key factor me and others in the communit don't have. we don't give up on the game becase we enjoy it and its lore. The story of the content is a factor making the game interessting as well as worth. But compared to others those who don't have much time haven't got far with the gear etc etc etc. Other requests have gotten solutions and I want this one to get a solution that benefits "us"
Optional services has no place in a MMORPG with monthly free, period.
They should be included in the monthly fee with a 30 days cooldown.