New Mount & Feat of Strength Issue

General
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
08/06/2017 14:31Posted by Eggs
From what i've read, the lich king tells you to kill them, right?

"Kill them all or do not, the choise is yours"
so yes he does
08/06/2017 09:56Posted by Aerythlea
and will be removed from players who had already received it.

Sorry but what? FoSs getting removed from being accessible in future is one thing, but actively taking it away from people who obtained it is ridiculous.

The whole area is pointless beyond going on a genocide spree, as you can skip most packs to get to the book, and people who engaged with your content and got credited with doing so are going to lose that? No thank you, grandfather rule us in please.
So if I get this straight:
People rather read spoilers to avoid missing one time rewards-events?

People want one-chanse rewards for trying something special, listening to dialogue and seeing what happens, exploring possibilities

Okay I rest my case then.

However it is my personal opinion that such stuff belongs to single player games where restarting or loading a previous save is possible.

PS: Dislikers, bite me :P
will be removed from players who had already received it.

Sorry but what?

Let me get this straight. So, some weeks ago there was an exploit (it has since been fixed) where hunters got to a Shaman-only version of Firelands through recruit-a-friend summoning, and they were able to tame the scorpion model Staghelm uses during his fight.

Blizzard's response? Fix it, sure, but let hunters who tamed it keep theirs and add a version in the Molten Front come 7.2.5 for any who missed their chance.

Now, Death Knights get a chance to earn a neat achievement, involving only some time to clear out the entire place, involving zero exploits.

And your response is to take it away? What kind of backwards logic is that? Exploiters get rewarded, but people putting in effort to get a fun little achievement get it taken away?

If it's that much of an issue not everyone got it just add a way for people to return to the place if they missed their chance.
08/06/2017 14:49Posted by Ysani

Sorry but what?

Let me get this straight. So, some weeks ago there was an exploit (it has since been fixed) where hunters got to a Shaman-only version of Firelands through recruit-a-friend summoning, and they were able to tame the scorpion model Staghelm uses during his fight.

Blizzard's response? Fix it, sure, but let hunters who tamed it keep theirs and add a version in the Molten Front come 7.2.5 for any who missed their chance.

Now, Death Knights get a chance to earn a neat achievement, involving only some time to clear out the entire place, involving zero exploits.

And your response is to take it away? What kind of backwards logic is that? Exploiters get rewarded, but people putting in effort to get a fun little achievement get it taken away?

If it's that much of an issue not everyone got it just add a way for people to return to the place if they missed their chance.

So very much this, just add a dialogue option on an NPC in Acherus of "Send me back to the Ruby Dragonshrine, I have some unfinished business."

Bam, done. And everyone's a winner...

Well, except Alexstrasza.

Sorry but what?

The FoS is from a non-repeatable quest, that scorpion is being added to the Molten Front anyway - a little late, but it's still being added.

I don't see the problem with this.
08/06/2017 15:16Posted by Rotwind
The FoS is from a non-repeatable quest, that scorpion is being added to the Molten Front anyway - a little late, but it's still being added.

Yes, I noted that in the post, hence my suggestion;

08/06/2017 14:49Posted by Ysani
This Feat of Strength wasn’t actually intended to go live. We’d decided some time ago that it didn’t really fit in line with our philosophies regarding achievements, particularly due to the non-repeatable nature of the Class Mount questline. Once 7.2.5 is released, it will no longer be granted, and will be removed from players who had already received it.

A long time DK here who is disappointed that the Unholy Determination FoS is being removed. This small questline has finally given me a spark of hope that DKs will be what they looked like when they were first introduced in WotLK - not some sad blue-eyed dark characters "seeking redemption for the terrible crimes that they have commited" (boohoo) but individuals truly stripped of every positive emotion. Make no mistake, DKs are still the killing machines that Lich King has designed them to be, now they just don´t answer to him (or do they?).

So arriving to the final part of the Breaching the Tomb achievement (and holy guacamole, what a long trip that´s been), I was so excited - not about killing the Red Dragonflight, but about the fact that I got to choose. I got to choose whether I will excuse their short-sightedness or whether I will eliminate all those who oppose my quest. The Red Dragonflight was guarding the book and refusing to give it up to me, even though that the information could prove useful when fighting Legion itself? A Death Knight doesn´t make agreements. A Death Knight doesn´t wait for others to understand the gravity of the situation. THat´s why the order invaded the Paladin sanctum and raised the fallen heroes of Horde and Alliance, dammit.

So all I´m trying to say is that despite Blizzard´s effort to try to immerse us in our classes via overhauling the toolkits and embedding the class philosophy in artifact weapons and item sets, they´re going to remove that one thing that actually made immersed - the possibility to make a decision that corresponds with the class I´m playing.

Also, concerning the argument that "it is not repeatable" - What about the Herald of the Titans FoT? Nobody told me that as I raced past the level 80...
This Feat of Strength wasn’t actually intended to go live. We’d decided some time ago that it didn’t really fit in line with our philosophies regarding achievements, particularly due to the non-repeatable nature of the Class Mount questline. Once 7.2.5 is released, it will no longer be granted, and will be removed from players who had already received it.

WTF? I take the "evil way"...and now you ban this? Really? I take the "hard" option and now my effort it's a lot of wasted time?

Really Blizz.

06/06/2017 10:19Posted by Alkizon
I WAS NOT MADE AWARE OF THIS FEAT OF STRENGTH " UNHOLY DETERMINATION"

and now I'm stuck and have no way to achieve it.

PLEASE sort this issue.

Create a new dk and do it.
I can appreciate that no-one likes having something taken away from them. To try and clarify a little bit why we came to this decision; during the course of the PTR testing feedback from the community overwhelmingly pointed out that a missable achievement was both unfun for players that missed it, and unfun for players that felt compelled to slaughter innocent red dragons to achieve it.

I do also want to mention that, while the Feat of Strength will be removed, the special voice line from Bolvar will still play if players choose to follow this particular route.
Why ppl claims about you need spoilers to get missing things , for god sake give a damn attention to "dialogues" then to receive your FoS . Why i would punish by someone who literally dont give a mind to dialogues and then coming on forum to cries over it , Blizzard don't remove it from players who had already received it, its really not fair. If you do that that's gonna be your Shame of blizzard achievement.
08/06/2017 17:30Posted by Aerythlea
To try and clarify a little bit why we came to this decision; during the course of the PTR testing feedback from the community overwhelmingly pointed out that a missable achievement was both unfun for players that missed it, and unfun for players that felt compelled to slaughter innocent red dragons to achieve it.

There is a crystal in the demon hunter starting zone that gives a small stat buff that I missed on my DH - do you plan to remove that from people who got it too?

(Note that I do not actually want that to happen, just pointing out how little sense it makes)

If there was feedback that you heard over the course of the PTR, why did you let it go live in the first place, only to now take it away from people? Doesn't the PTR exist exactly for that reason? Get feedback and improve before things go live?

Keep in mind that this particular PTR was months ago - all the weekly timegating of the Broken Shore having happened after the PTR ended. It is incredibly hard to believe that this "was decided long ago". You had about three months to fix it based on the supposed PTR feedback, but only thought of it now?

I can get that it might not be great for those who missed the achievement - hence the suggestion to let them return to the area to get it later on. Like you did for the hunters who exploited the game for a pet.

As for not wanting to kill innocent red dragons, come on. Our characters - especially Death Knight characters - have been made to kill innocents countless times, including for mandatory quests like our campaign that we had to do to get our third relic slot. It can't suddenly be an issue with a fun achievement that doesn't even reward any achievement points.
missable achievement was both unfun for players that missed it, and unfun for players that felt compelled to slaughter innocent red dragons to achieve it.

Is not missable, and you are not compelled. You made a choice...You can go and repeat it with another DK Character when you really will get the two choices.

I'm DK and for me, fun is slaughter innocents creatures for a greater good; like Arthas or Illidian.
I can appreciate that no-one likes having something taken away from them. To try and clarify a little bit why we came to this decision; during the course of the PTR testing feedback from the community overwhelmingly pointed out that a missable achievement was both unfun for players that missed it, and unfun for players that felt compelled to slaughter innocent red dragons to achieve it.

I do also want to mention that, while the Feat of Strength will be removed, the special voice line from Bolvar will still play if players choose to follow this particular route.
It's a Feat of Strength for a reason, removing it takes away from the game in a negative fashion rather than adding to it. If anything you should add more of these achievements to the game. At the very least it makes the game more engaging for the players, something you should strive toward.
DKs having some fun and getting something unique? No way!

Im pretty sure that it was intended to be obtained but once people began to complain Blizzard caved in and removed it to please the people who spend no time researching whats new and how it can be obtained.
Pathetic. I went there without knowing about this FoS, Bolvar gave me a choice to kill them all or spare them, I chose the former.

Getting this FoS was a nice surprise, and now it's being removed AND taken away. Not cool, not cool at all.
08/06/2017 17:57Posted by Adlian
to please the people who spend no time researching whats new

So, 95% of the playerbase. How dare the Company side with the huge majority?