Game token prices.

General
15/06/2017 12:52Posted by Gromche
15/06/2017 12:06Posted by Azúmi
Just pay £9.99 a month it really isn't that much.

That can be considered as normal paycheck for a day of work in some of Eastern European countrys. I am not even joking.

It is indeed. And im a student, my income literally goes for food and studies. I Reason i dont wanna leave, is community i am with, roleplayers and friends among them.
if u cant afford game time just use the feature that allows you to play to lvl 20
15/06/2017 12:05Posted by Bradarn
How did you manage before the tokens?

Personally, if I can't afford to play WoW, then I'll stop until I can, it's a game not a necessity. Priorities etc and such like.
Pretty much what this guy said, what did you do before WoW tokens were introduced?
15/06/2017 13:53Posted by Ruìn
15/06/2017 13:24Posted by Ishaelara
makes me wonder why people prefer to farm gold for three weeks instead of working two hours and paying for sub

Gotta hate people that live in the Western EU and earn 1000-2000 EU on some regular mundane job, meanwhile where I live I have to struggle and work almost 24/7 to make 1000 from my design job - and I am damn lucky. There are so many people around me that work on factories on shifts and earn what?!?

300 Euro.

Yes. 300 EU and prices are about the same, or even HIGHER than in the rest of EU. 300 EU cause you were born in the wrong country.

And don't come up with "leave", many of us have family here, aging parents that you need to take care of, not throw in some asylum like it's the custom in the West and forget them there so you can "live your life".

But hey, just work 2 hours, you'll make those easy 13EU, which could be your FOOD, or rent, or hell knows what else.

Also, you should feel guilty for taking a bit of time of your !@#$ty day to play a game, you should WORK HARDER, cause you have bigger issues than that if you aren't West-born and on a cozy job - right?

Right.

inb4 100 more 0 brains guys coming up with "supply&demand", as if people that complain don't know that. They do, they just want a layer of CONTROL on top of that raw market principle, a safety net so they can enjoy the game as they did in WoD.

But nope. Gotta have your gold. If it was only 500K!

but where do you find the time to farm for gols then?. if tokens were still 50k a lot more people would buy them with gold and the prices would skyrocket.
If you can't farm the money or pay up, that's your own fault. If you want to roleplay go play runes of magic or another place (hint hint - i cant say it on the forums, but it shouldnt matter as a roleplayer)

Once upon a time you couldn't even buy a wow sub with gold so be greatful
15/06/2017 12:31Posted by Stormclash
Paying with tokens is highly inefficient to begin with.

I disagree, before the sudden jump on EU I managed to almost play a whole year without paying a dime.
15/06/2017 13:35Posted by Styrka
makes me wonder why people prefer to farm gold for three weeks instead of working two hours and paying for sub

Ever heard of unemployment? Illness? Handicaps? Youth?

It's a game not bread. Ask your dad nicely to pay it for you.

You might pay some months by cash, other by gold.

For me I am happy with the price, because I resell those things once per month to avoid farming gold and just focusing on enjoying the game.
15/06/2017 17:27Posted by Delolin
15/06/2017 13:35Posted by Styrka

Ever heard of unemployment? Illness? Handicaps? Youth?

It's a game not bread. Ask your dad nicely to pay it for you.

You might pay some months by cash, other by gold.

For me I am happy with the price, because I resell those things once per month to avoid farming gold and just focusing on enjoying the game.

Read my other posts in this topic plz, you got it all wrong. I personally have no problems paying for my subscription or buying any tokens I want. But I do realise I'm privileged and that can change with the twists and turns of life.
a lot of people forget that computer games are just luxury goods.

if you are unable to afford monthly sub its time to do something with you life not spend many days in computer game escaping from relaity no matter how harsh it is.
15/06/2017 15:19Posted by Koosakka
<span class="truncated">...</span>

That can be considered as normal paycheck for a day of work in some of Eastern European countrys. I am not even joking.

It is indeed. And im a student, my income literally goes for food and studies. I Reason i dont wanna leave, is community i am with, roleplayers and friends among them.

the answer is called part time job- something milions of students in EU do to cover for their hobby/relax time
If you can't afford it then you can't play it.
Thats reality of life.

I work 30h a week for 900 a month after taxes, even then sometimes bills, food, life means I cant sub and I learnt to accept that. I just go play LoL for the time I have no sub, or play on the PTR if it's online.
15/06/2017 16:40Posted by Boreas
but where do you find the time to farm for gols then?. if tokens were still 50k a lot more people would buy them with gold and the prices would skyrocket.

I made enough gold in WoD to allow me to play without much farming, if selling the excess flasks and pots and picking herbs that are on the way can be called "farming". Others don't have this luxury, as not everyone was here for WoD, and if you were not, well, you're gonna have to farm it up actively. Which is NOT something I am opposed to, by the way. You wanna play for free, you should pay with some of your time and by populating the servers. I'm OK with this principle.

What I am not OK with is adding things like Destiny 2 to the store and doubling the price just like that. I'm also not OK with the fact that the US, which is overall a more unified federation than EU, with better income, has a better deal than EU. How does that make any sense?

Now, the most important part.

The token was here since WoD, and I've been here since its introduction. I remember how people hurried to buy until it rose to like 60K, and reached a plateau. Do you think there was a shortage of tokens? People desperately buying and raising the price? Nope. Do you think the market ran out of tokens at 60K? Nope, it did not. You wanted a token with gold, you just bought as many as you wanted.

The tokens functioned just fine without any hitch at 60K - as long as Blizz didn't mess up with what you can purchase with gold. Once they did... well, we all know what happened next.

Oh, and people here should remember that "it's just Destiny 2". It won't be just that. You can rest assured.
Game time is something relevant to everyone (...)

Token is a bonus...

Before that, there was only one choice - real money payment.
Blizzard introduced a free way to play the game and some players still complain.
Gaming is a privilege not a right the same people who cry over pricing of items always use the whole but it's so expensive thats why I pirated tens of thousands worth of games if you can't afford to game then maybe you shouldn't
15/06/2017 13:53Posted by Ruìn

Gotta hate people that live in the Western EU and earn 1000-2000 EU on some regular mundane job, meanwhile where I live I have to struggle and work almost 24/7 to make 1000 from my design job - and I am damn lucky. There are so many people around me that work on factories on shifts and earn what?!?

300 Euro.

Yes. 300 EU and prices are about the same, or even HIGHER than in the rest of EU. 300 EU cause you were born in the wrong country.

And don't come up with "leave", many of us have family here, aging parents that you need to take care of, not throw in some asylum like it's the custom in the West and forget them there so you can "live your life".

But hey, just work 2 hours, you'll make those easy 13EU, which could be your FOOD, or rent, or hell knows what else.

Also, you should feel guilty for taking a bit of time of your !@#$ty day to play a game, you should WORK HARDER, cause you have bigger issues than that if you aren't West-born and on a cozy job - right?

Right.

inb4 100 more 0 brains guys coming up with "supply&demand", as if people that complain don't know that. They do, they just want a layer of CONTROL on top of that raw market principle, a safety net so they can enjoy the game as they did in WoD.

But nope. Gotta have your gold. If it was only 500K!

If its at the point whereby you deciding whether to play a game or eat then your priorities are clearly in the wrong place
16/06/2017 00:38Posted by Stumpii
If its at the point whereby you deciding whether to play a game or eat then your priorities are clearly in the wrong place

This is why is so annoying to post, because you will have to address posts like these, which at first glance seem to make a lot of sense. But what's unknown is the poster's knowledge of how a poor society works, so I will just describe a small example 100% based on reality, and I'll take my leave.

- works on factory, for example some Western huge business like BMW or Kronberg&Schubert that has opened up a branch in a poor city promising to solve unemployment etc. It's not uncommon for 80% of the working population of such cities to work in one spot, for example manufacturing steering wheels or cables for cars. You work in shifts. You might work during the day, or during the night, and you might be asked to stay overtime. The work is hard and punishing. There's a good chance that once you get home (another hour on the road most probably), all you can do is shower and lose consciousness in the bed.

Or, you could maybe do a raid in WoW with your casual guild for one hour then hit the bed. Maybe RP. Maybe... anything, just to free your mind until the next day.

For all your troubles, you get 400EU.

- 100 food.
- 100 rent (can be way more depending on location/city, but let's take a dirty manhole with enough room for a WC, bed and PC/TV, which is usually what these hard working people can afford).
- 100 taxes
- 100 left for clothing, emergencies, "fun", insurance, health and so on. From this sum, you'd probably want to save some, slowly, to upgrade your PC every few years.

Now, this person, according to you, has wrong priorities because he wants to play WoW for one hour before bed before he passes out from working like a slave.

Oh and before you come with "why not go tho school?". Many of these people DID. They have even masters on things like chemistry (personal friend) or biology. Sometime, the jobs they find in their field pay WORSE, yes, worse than 400EU/month, but who knows, with knowing enough well placed people, corruption will net you a cozy work place with an awesome 700EU/month, a sum that pleases most of my real life friends lucky enough to find such job.

I don't expect people that have never seen this happening to understand, hence all these "who cares" posts. But, it is what it is. Blizz will keep trying to suck us dry, and people will keep defending the worst types of market practices, just because "it's how the world works". For now - yes. Hopefully in the future, roles will finally change.
What you don't realize is that WoD put insane amount of gold into the game. The game tokens are a great way to siphon out some of it so new players and old players are more on a level playing field. I bought quite a few because I effortlessly amounted tons of gold and I have no desire to spend it on reins of poseidus.

I hope they keep adding cool stuff to buy with in game gold because I really think that you should carry with you only the experience from one expansion to the other.
People talk about earning 300 euro a month and all that kind of stuff about eastern europe and I just don't see it.

I'm from Poland and even with a normal job I can pay for wow without stretching myself too much. I work in retail and I get + - 3 eur per hour... So it's not like I work in a highly skilled job or anything like that.

It takes me like 3 to 4 hours to earn for 1 month of game time so it's still much more than in the west but it's still doable.

And Poland is supposed to be one of the poorest countries in the EU...
16/06/2017 09:36Posted by Dungeons
What you don't realize is that WoD put insane amount of gold into the game. The game tokens are a great way to siphon out some of it so new players and old players are more on a level playing field.

Tokens do not remove significant amount of gold from game economy. It's a direct transaction between 2 players, only 5% gets removed.