Upcoming Artifact Knowledge Research Hotfix

General
We’re currently working on a hotfix intended to significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to reach the Artifact Knowledge cap of 40, in order to allow returning players to catch up more quickly.

Specifically, this hotfix will reduce the time it takes to research ranks of Artifact Knowledge between 26 and 40 to approximately 4 hours each. We hope to make this retroactive to any work orders already in progress when the hotfix is applied. Once these changes are live, a returning player should be able to reach the maximum level of Artifact Knowledge in only a few days.

This hotfix will require extensive testing, but our goal is to apply it within the next day or so.
I'd like to make the suggestion to allow more than 2 Research Notes to be queued, that way folks don't gotta get up in the middle of the night to restart the cue.
I'm really happy to hear that! Solves one of the biggest problems of legion.
Well, that will certainly make everyone who has spent hours working to get AK 40 feel like they just MASSIVELY wasted their time. Nice move

Way to go, catering to new and returning players while making loyal players utterly lose their motivation to make efforts in the future. Just sit there and wait for the newbie nerfs.

How about, before giving away AK for basically free, you figure out a cool reward for those of us that have it already? A play token, a mount, a bunch of nether shards whatever... send me a freaking murloc pillow to make me feel like I didn't just waste my time.
Honestly - do they care? There's still several months of legendary farming...
I think it is a very good change; one that others and I have suggested as well (https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615604912?page=2 post 4 on page 2 for my explanation). There are quite some players who simply do not want to return to the game or level an alt because it simply takes too long to catch up. This change will help this group.

13/06/2017 21:04Posted by Antalayah
Well, that will certainly make everyone who has spent hours working to get AK 40 feel like they just MASSIVELY wasted their time. Nice move

Way to go, catering to new and returning players while making loyal players utterly lose their motivation to make efforts in the future. Just sit there and wait for the newbie nerfs.

How about, before giving away AK for basically free, you figure out a cool reward for those of us that have it already? A play token, a mount, a bunch of nether shards whatever... send me a freaking murloc pillow to make me feel like I didn't just waste my time.

Farming artifact power, that is arguably braindead, should only give players slight advantages or it has consequences: players will always feel behind; they can never catch up. This means that some players are less likely to level alts and others are less likely to return to the game. This solution will make it a lot easier to actually catch up.

Besides, this new hotfixed situation does not change the fact that there is still a slight advantage for the players who actually did play consistently: you will have more points in the concordance proc than other players. And let's be honest, if you want better rewards, maybe it is time to look at more challenging aspects of the game: mythic dungeons, mythic raiding or rated PVP.
So the players that actually stayed for these dead months get jack squat !@#$ for their loyalty? This change makes me heavily consider unsubbing.. Feel like I should have just unsubbed months ago and wait for this. Halving the time I can agree with but 56 hours is just lame.
...lol k ..thx i guess for nothing ...yup totally worth it and the guts to call this a "hotfix"
1. Increase queue size, can take up to 20 days with a queue of 2 if you play 2-3 hours once a day.
2. Decrease resource cost. 3000 order resources per day coupled with initial talent research is a lot of grind.
This hotfix is very nice .. i lost to much time for AK .. on my hunter im new tank now

Thanks Blizzard
Great as for the whiners those people are never happy anyway
13/06/2017 23:40Posted by Selrissa
So the players that actually stayed for these dead months get jack squat !@#$ for their loyalty? This change makes me heavily consider unsubbing.. Feel like I should have just unsubbed months ago and wait for this. Halving the time I can agree with but 56 hours is just lame.

This is such a stupid thing to say...

With this mindset you should consider to only play the game in the final patch, when everyone zergs through the Raids with BiS gear, because everything else would be wasted time.

BTT:
I do like the change, this means that a new player doesn't have to sit there for weeks and wait for a timer to run down until he finally is endgame competetive.
Oh man, there is nothing wrong with this! Stop acting like you worked your behind off for AK...

So much hard work and skills involved in to que Artifact knowledge, which you could do even without loging into game.

It's good for new players. And no matter what, they will still be behind many of us who played for longer than them.

You will still have your Concordance treat, while they will still need to farm AP we already have.

And what exactly you want as reward? For doing nothing extraordinary but just playing other aspects of the game while your research was in proccess?
It's not like you "had" to be online so your research could continue. It works even when you are offline.

So yeah, Blizzard give us rewards for...playing the game! :p
Sounds silly to expect anything tbh.
13/06/2017 21:04Posted by Antalayah

sure tell me, you worked a lot clicking that button once every 5 days.

a player returning to wow right now (without this fix) even if willing to catch up, eventually reaching your /played, would never be at your stage of AP, because of those research time-gate.

can't all be smart, but for me this is a serious improvement towards players that don't feel like playing all the time, but when they get one week or two, will sure be able to feel powerful, and not constantly behind.
This change should've been implimented a day or so after the majority of people hit 40 AK.

I'm a returning players, and being gated behind AK and AP to pull my weight in Mythic raids is just depressing.
Is this change live? Because i still got 3 days on my research.
What a big dick slap to anyone who've been playing

I mean, it was bound to happen, but, already?
Ridiculous
We are still waiting!
Its already in effect, im looking at 4/8 artifact research notes in legion app. Im out of house so cant check it ingame.

And both notes from todays morning were completed so this hotfix is retroactive.
14/06/2017 20:30Posted by Autumni
Its already in effect, im looking at 4/8 artifact research notes in legion app. Im out of house so cant check it ingame.

And both notes from todays morning were completed so this hotfix is retroactive.

EU or US Servers? My Researches are still on 2 / 5 Days...

EDIT !!! :

Correcting myself... hotfix IS live! Everything's fine :)!

Thank you so much, you guys saved my ToS progress!