How long does it take you to log in?

General
I've noticed this for, ages ever since Blizzard switched to the bnet logging in system. The time it takes to actually see a char on the screen seems (to me) over excessive. And I've actually timed it.

From pressing the bnet icon to the app actually launching: 38 seconds.

Being able to press 'enter' to enter my pw: 27 more seconds.

My pw being accepted: 10 more seconds.

List of chars appearing: 45 more seconds.

Seeing a char in the gameworld: 30 more seconds.

Total time from pressing the game launch icon to being able to move a char: 2 minutes 30 seconds.

Normal ?

(Edit: I was born a mere 2 minutes after my elder twin. So it amuses me that WoW actually takes me longer to play than what it took me to follow him out).
Took me a total of 20 seconds from launching the app to actually being on my character, and that's on a HDD and not a SSD.

Your PC probably sucks and could use a good cleaning. Save your important stuff and reformat it. Try Ccleaner as well.
App usually boots within a few seconds of PC starting up and I can get into the actual game (as in running around) within 30-40 seconds after pressing Play on the app.

Is possibly one of the quickest games I've got on my PC for booting up and playing and that's with it being either on my HD or SSD.
Pretty quick.
Max 30s from launching app to playing character.
30 seconds from clicking on my WoW64.exe shortcut to playing my character.

Edit: Sorry I was wrong, 39 seconds. If I removed my addons it would be 15 seconds less.
Loading screens are pretty long for me since 7.2. About a minute or so to log in, maybe a bit longer.
After 7.1 it took ages as well but the LoadCritical = 0 command worked to resolve that issue. But this time it hasn't helped.
Could be many things that are slowing down the PC which can affect WoW performance.

1. Background tasks - Go through it and see what tasks are running in the background and how much resources are being used. Using Norton or Mcafee, get a better AV software as those two really suck up CPU cycles like no ones business.

But you don't need Facebook Messenger or other stuff running in the background while playing WoW unless you're not playing and alt-tabbing back and forth. So close those down if you go raid or such, only use the minimal to increase performance. (Keep AV, Firewall up and running though)

2. If using a HDD, defrag as that can cause loading issues, especially if the WoW folder is just all over the place on the hard disk. (Do not need to defrag a SSD drive as that works differently.)

3. Make sure Windows does not have virtual ram on the same drive as WoW. Both are very heavy on the disk usage and that can cause some lag here and ther if both need to access the drive at the same time. (Getting more RAM can fix this, still using 4gb RAM, upgrade to 8gb since 8gb is the new minimal spec, 16gb is now recommended with more new games.)

4. Something most forget about but since CPU's, GPU's now have throttling technology if they get too hot, it's quite important to pull out that PC case from time to time, open it up and see how much dust has accumulated inside. Get a can of compressed air and blow that out, may have to unscrew some fans and clean them properly with a cloth to remove the stubborn dust, blow dust out of heatsink fins or radiators if using "All in One" coolers or a water cooling system.

Same for graphics card, make sure you use compressed air to clean out any dust from it's fans and heatsink. PC's do not like dust at all, it keeps heat and adds a few more degree's to components, if it builds up enough, then the system will become either unstable or throttle down to stop it from overheating and that will affect performance more than anything.

Checking these things can find problems you didn't know, a fan may not be working properly anymore so replacing something like that can help as well. Especially in hot summer days, keeping a PC cool is the best way to keep it running to the speed you want.

Just some things to check out, not sure if any or none at all would help your computer to load things faster though.
With battlenet loaded it took me 20seconds to press "play" for wow, login and load my character into Dalaran.
@ Shoazaze: 2 mins 30 secs is without anything else running in the background. I opened task manager before I did the 'experiment' and removed anything that wasn't required.
14/05/2017 16:34Posted by Nexintus
With battlenet loaded it took me 20seconds to press "play" for wow, login and load my character into Dalaran.

You need to add bnet load time as well. I timed from the moment I clicked the bnet icon to being able to move a char.
I don't know, maybe one minute and thirty seconds or something.
Have my downvote since I despise your presence.
14/05/2017 16:36Posted by Lswindrunner
14/05/2017 16:34Posted by Nexintus

You need to add bnet load time as well. I timed from the moment I clicked the bnet icon to being able to move a char.

Okay...was about 21-22seconds... Seems fine to me :P

I haven't closed anything beforehand.

Er should be noted, my PC is actually good
OP, you have already told us about your crappy PC in other threads. So what is the point in telling us about your long loading times when it's clearly due to your subpar computer?
About 20 seconds to launch the game and be logged into my character. I do run WoW on my ssd though.
14/05/2017 19:31Posted by Tombunde
OP, you have already told us about your crappy PC in other threads. So what is the point in telling us about your long loading times when it's clearly due to your subpar computer?

This. OP is still running Vista lol.
13 secs from pressing play to being in world.
14/05/2017 15:52Posted by Lswindrunner
And I've actually timed it.

How incredibly sad
probably however long till next expansion