What features does AD want added to WoW?

Argent Dawn
03/06/2017 10:31Posted by Ghorek
i want a dick slider

port it from conan exiles??
When you ignore someone, you can't see them anymore. Would be nice against lollers who use giant mounts
03/06/2017 10:58Posted by Zindani
When you ignore someone, you can't see them anymore. Would be nice against lollers who use giant mounts

Dude, this would be a godsend. Gonna drop that in the ingame suggestions bit when I next log in. If a bunch of people did too, it could even happen.
Whenever i hear "what you want to the game" i can only think of a single thing..
Sub-races.

As in.. Various different forsaken races (as forsaken is a faction of many different undead), various orc clans, various troll clans, fel/high/wretched elves, various night elf races, broken draenei..

And so on. Basically more custominzation and more variety with each race and faction, giving people more chances to play what they like.

And of course, remove Worgen from the game.
03/06/2017 12:13Posted by Alexarius
And of course, remove Worgen from the game.

show us where they touched you, alexarius. dont be shy
Out of the things that have not been said, I can only mention redoing the world, yes I know revamps are controversial but the world has come a long way since Cata and I'd love to see zones like Un'Goro in all their high res glory with shiny new models. This would make RP more immersive in my opinion atleast; When I'm in Ashenvale, I want it to feel like a big, large and cluttered ancient forest, Dun Morogh should have snowstorms that allow you to only see things 5 meters in front of you etc.
03/06/2017 14:12Posted by Argetor
Out of the things that have not been said, I can only mention redoing the world, yes I know revamps are controversial but the world has come a long way since Cata and I'd love to see zones like Un'Goro in all their high res glory with shiny new models. This would make RP more immersive in my opinion atleast; When I'm in Ashenvale, I want it to feel like a big, large and cluttered ancient forest, Dun Morogh should have snowstorms that allow you to only see things 5 meters in front of you etc.

Can't believe I forgot to mention that.

Seeing the entire Old World re-done to Legion standards of world graphics? Especially the old Capitals fully re-worked to the standards of Suramar?

Hnnnnnnnnnggggggggg~
Let's see.

-More character customization options.
-Cross-faction chat, it's been too long already.
-More clothes, not just flashy armor, more cosmetic shirts, pants, suits, you name it.
-More focus on Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor in terms of redesigning. Make the world feel alive and not forgotten!
-Lore codex. Like the appearance collection, but for random and interesting tid-bits of stuff you've interacted with or collected. You pick up a herb? You get a little bubble with useful information about it. You kill a mob? You get a little addition with information about the mob.
-More focus on STORYTELLING like in Suramar. Sick and tired of underwhelming watered down crap that passes as a story because the Developers are far too interested in raid content and nothing else it would seem. (Hello Broken Shore, I am looking at you.) This game is a MMORPG. Story is supposed to make the world go 'round, not just as a device to funnel us to the next raid.
Sub races. I need antlers, my dwarves need tattoos and that brown orc is actually lime green.. Also more Forsaken races the Alliance of Lordaeron should all be risen, dwarves, high elves and mouldering humans.
Let people transmog like they used to be able to (warrior's could mog cloth to other cloth)
More faces and hairstyles, especially for worgen and tauren.
-Subraces ( Dark Iron, Taunka, Mag`har, Undead Elves etc )
-More costumizations ( Tattoos, more beards, more hair styles etc )
-Better casting animation for mounts ( Like your dragon/gryphon/wyvern fly from the sky and you jump on it, or your ground mount runs towards you and you jump on it, same as Witcher 3 animation of mounting up )
- Language barrier gone.
- Upgrade old models of NPCs like Wolves, Gnolls , Troggs etc. Like they did with the bears,kobolds and murlocs in legion. and especially Worgens and Goblins need a new model.
- Revamp the scale of some areas, stormwind is huge lorewise, they should make it bigger with more terraces. Bigger villages too.
- New dances, or expand your dances with like /dance1 /dance 2 and move differently.
-More Glyphs!
-Player/Guild housing.
-More In-game cinematics to old zones or raids, like they did now in warlords and legion.
-Better naming option. For example, instead of Xesmeni i would love to have my character named *Jenna Wenner* as actual name and not using any addon.
-Character Biography ingame option, just like TRP3, MRP and any other RP addon. Have an extra slot in Character costumization to write your character`s biography.
-Keeping in track with the old continents, with the lore of each expansion. Deathwing`s gone here and 7 years, im sure the tornado in darkshore or the fires in ashenvale are gone by now. Or the fires in Stratholme.
A report feature, when 20 or more people report a player character as a "criminal" they become yellow (free for all combat people) which means they can be killed, and this applies only in major cities, like Swormwind, Orgrimmar and similar.

MIND YOU, in order to stop this system from being abused, the reported character can SEE the character and battle-net name of the person reporting them, so that you can spread awareness of people who are miss-flagging people, and eventually counter-report them for simply spamming it on people or similar, which means that such people could loose the ability to report people as criminals, ect, ect.

Now, there's a 3 hour cooldown inbetween reporting people as criminals, so you can't just abuse it off the bat, I'm also thinking along something like, the first time a char is reported by enough people to become a free for all PvP target, it last 30 minutes, BUT the duration is doubled each consecutive time that the player is reported by enough people. an hour, two hours, four hours, ect, ect, until the debuff reaches its maximum duration of 16 hours, mind you, this buff should be counted as REAL-TIME so that when people get reported they can still -lay low- by logging off, being impossible to find, or they can simply hide in some obscure corner of the city, mind you, if people choose to persue these people, they will also be PvP flagged, allowing the free for all players to fight back so to speak.

But here's the catch; its not PvP combat at all, do you remember the power-rangers costume toys from Day of the Dead? Its that kind of combat system, rotating attacks, with a few heal and support abilities to make combat fair but challenging. Obviously the system is possible to abuse simply by having numbers on your side, but it simply goes to show that Criminals need to stick together so that patrols of "bounty-hunters" or legit guards can't just zerg down on them.

Edit; also, the debuff can only be removed if killed using above mentioned combat system, much like winning a pet-battle or something, or else its easy to just mount up, fly high enough and kill yourself by falling damage.

Any ideas or comments you think can make this better?
03/06/2017 21:16Posted by Xesmeni
- Revamp the scale of some areas, stormwind is huge lorewise, they should make it bigger with more terraces. Bigger villages too.

That would be expensive in terms of development and loading times

03/06/2017 21:16Posted by Xesmeni
-More Glyphs!

Give us back Saberon form.
More faces for tauren female.
03/06/2017 14:04Posted by Bramblefur

show us where they touched you, alexarius. dont be shy

I think you're mixing up who did what here.

Cross faction chat would be nice, maybe revamped Worgen and Goblin models in line with WoD/Legion quality.

More tools to manage the world around us for RPers, different phases and the like.

Most of these things could be done relatively easy. Blizzard are already experimenting with "new" Worgen and Goblin models, (Greymane and Gallywix) and the tech for the other stuff is already in game just being arbitrarily held away from players.

Concerns for phasing being used to exploit things could easily be dealt with by putting a progressively greater cooldown on it meaning griefers/exploiters wouldn't be able to use it, it could also be disabled in "Enemy Territory" zones, ie capitals on PvE realms + low level lands on PvP servers.

Basically the phasing would remove mobs from areas + put players in a unified phase that works across faction allowing for interaction regardless of what progress you are in questing and the like.
- Being able to switch eye over which eyepatch is.
- As arms warr, have the ability to chose your shield
- Swimsuits, I want my one piece for Asa and speedos for my Forsaken.
- ability to draw only one weapon when dual wielding
- With dual wield artifacts, be able to mog two different artifact appearances
- Off hands appear on your belt or somewhere when sheathed.
- more hair styles and colours.
- more animated emotes!
Something that lets me mute mount noises. I'm absolutely sick of listening to CHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGVROOOM while I'm trying to roleplay.
05/06/2017 16:35Posted by Hainricht
Something that lets me mute mount noises. I'm absolutely sick of listening to CHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGVROOOM while I'm trying to roleplay.

System>Sounds>Enable Sound or Ctrl + S
05/06/2017 16:38Posted by Squier
05/06/2017 16:35Posted by Hainricht

System>Sounds>Enable Sound or Ctrl + S

Mount sounds, not the entire game.