Empowering game masters - if not, why have them

General
So after I have played more than 60 days in Legion, I have had more than a few occasions to talk to a game master regarding the problems I have encountered.

However!!! I have only experience one time that a game master actaully toke the time to help me and solve my problem. Please note that all request´s have been about loot drop from old raids or the lack of loot to be more precisely.

Most of the time they always answer my qestions with the following quote
You may disagree with this but please understand that we, game masters, do not create rules, we just follow them.

So what is the point of having a game master..? When the rules are so strict that they cant help me. I mean in one case I was doing Dragon Soul LFR and no loot dropped at all for me. All they had to say about that
Yes, this is absolutely fine though I understand that it would be better if loot drop rates were higher. However they are low, especially in LFR.

So they are telling me that getting no loot drop at all from old LFR is fine...? For me this seemse more like an old game system there dint get fixed over the years, because the game designers and developers are focusing on new content.

The game master could easily have help me by simulation some loot drop, as I do understand they cannot give me the specific item I am farming for (else all would have tusk of mannoroth) But all they could say was:
If you wish that things were different, please submit your feedback via the in-game tool: Esc -> Help -> Suggestions or via our forums: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/. Our developers (they make such decisions) regularly check our forums. If a lot of players talk about something - there's a chance that it would eventually catch our developers' attention.

So here I am and all I can say is that I wish Blizzard would empower their game masters, so they can help people. ( because increasing loot drop in LFR Dragon Soul only gonna fix my problem, but not other players problems)
While I agree that the GMs are often quite helpless to do anything other than to give some advice or to refund some items, your issue is clearly within the realm of the devs responsibilities
Have you ever played dungeons and dragons?

A game master Is just like that. They have this huge book, and they watch others play the game while making sure everything is going smoothly. But they must follow the rules of the book without changing the paradox that could end time itself!
If you want to change the game's rules, you should play solo games that can be modded like Skyrim or Minecraft.

In an MMORPG, the rules are set and they're the same for everyone, otherwise it wouldn't be any fair or any fun. If you don't like the rules ? Swallow your frustration. Suggest what you'd like to replace them with on the forums (but don't expect anything to change).

GM's are here to fix bugs, technical problems, or to answer questions, not to give you anything you want just cause you don't want to play within the bounds of the game.
So you're moaning they don't spawn loot for you when you write a ticket to complain about low drop rates?

Gee, wonder why their hands are tied on this one.
You need to understand game "masters" are just first line employees, it's like going to your local store and asking customer service for something, mostly they know the general stuff, sometimes they have to ask the manager. These GM's can credit certain items but only up to a limit. But they always have to follow the policy set by actual management, management itself is usually not dealing with customers like you personally, unless it's for PR purposes ;p.

+ Just like in real life if they don't want to help you because it's too much work, it's always easier to say "I'm not allowed to sir, sorry i'm just doing my job, please don't be angry at me..." while they are laughing on the inside.
You can still talk to GMs? Thought they pruned them to save costs..

I've tried to talk to one a few times now only to be redirected to the website
04/07/2017 19:06Posted by Flaytality
You can still talk to GMs? Thought they pruned them to save costs..

I've tried to talk to one a few times now only to be redirected to the website

They made it harder to get to the option of opening a ticket but you can still select options that are not that related to your issue and explain what you want of them in the text box later
Amusingly every GM thread related to this one involves wasting GM's times with tickets they can't deal with.

Why do you do this? If something isn't possible in the games parameters then a GM isn't going to magic it up for you.

04/07/2017 16:05Posted by Detroy
The game master could easily have help me by simulation some loot drop,

And cheat the game for you specifically? That sounds legit and fair to everyone else.
04/07/2017 16:05Posted by Detroy
So after I have played more than 60 days in Legion, I have had more than a few occasions to talk to a game master regarding the problems I have encountered.

[/quote]

I have been playing since March 2005 and i have had to contact a GM maybe a dozen times.
I wonder where the problems you are having really lay?
Great to see some respone to my post, even through most people disagree with me.

As I can understand game master "job" is to correct bugs or other miss behovair of the game. But my post is all above giving game master more power to correct game parameters, which I would argue havent been change due to lack of interest. (like the no drops from Dragon Soul LFR as I am using in my example)

I dont understand why it have to be so hard to collect the LFR version of an tier set in old raids. When you do normal or HC and it basically rains with loot.

I really see the problem coming down to game designer´s spend their time on more important thing, such as creating new content or fixing relevant boss mechanics in raids ect. (which is more important than fixing loot problems with old LFR raids)

I dont ask the game master to break the rules of the game by giving me the loot I want, but simply to give me some loot for the time I spend farming transmog.

I would really like to hear if people think the role of the game master in the game right now is in an good place or if they think (like me) game masters should be able to do more.

Also to get the opnion of an blizzard employee would be great. Perhaps this post even belongs in the forums for game design, who knows there are so many.
Atleast now we know why people with real issues have to wait for a GM for so long. I mean you even contacted them multiple times after they told you that they cant do this for you...
Its like calling the police because in your opinion the street lights infront of you house are too bright. Always keep in mind those people could be better of helping someone with a bigger issue.

About you request to give game masters more power, well they have this power. They could simply give you your transmog in no time. They are just not supposed to and telling you they cant is easier then telling you they dont think your request is valid or atleast it should theoretically create less discussion between you and them because they cant really just tell you: No! Now shut up.

It should also be obvious that allowing people to alter the game or atleast the rewards in said game as they see fit without any guidelines is a very bad idea. I am not even saying that the loot system in old LFRs shouldnt be changed but to allow GMs to "improve" the game anywhere they see a flawed system is a terrible idea.
But lets just assume they have the power you want them to have. Do you want to contact a GM each week asking for Loot?
04/07/2017 23:03Posted by Detroy
But my post is all above giving game master more power to correct game parameters

Which is something they won't do. We all play the same game and have to abide the rules laid before us. As said, GM's can't alter these rules to favour your little situation because if they should for you, then why not for everyone?

04/07/2017 23:59Posted by Krebsbein
They are just not supposed to and telling you they cant is easier then telling you they dont think your request is valid

They have to be polite. You're wasting their time with this nonsense, stop it.

04/07/2017 23:59Posted by Krebsbein
But lets just assume they have the power you want them to have. Do you want to contact a GM each week asking for Loot?

I can't tell if you love your own idea or hate it. Are you switching between both sides? I'm confused :o

Anyhow this thread would best be transformed into a suggestion thread for old LFR's. No more wasting tickets, go make some suggestions instead.
As I can understand game master "job" is to correct bugs or other miss behovair of the game. But my post is all above giving game master more power to correct game parameters, which I would argue havent been change due to lack of interest. (like the no drops from Dragon Soul LFR as I am using in my example)

...but it's not a bug, it's intended behaviour.

A game master is a fancy way of saying customer service rep.

You dont phone up your bank and ask them to do something they can't do it's the same for GMs. GMs have rules to abide by and they can only do what their GM software allows them to.

As others have said you are a case in point of wasting GMs time.

I dont understand

This pretty much explains this whole OP. Just because you dont like these things doesn't make them bugs and things a GM can 'fix'. For the record GMs dont fix bugs.

If you've only played WoW for 60 days and have made 12 tickets then this game is clearly not for you as things get much more 'random' at end game.
I would really like to hear if people think the role of the game master in the game right now is in an good place or if they think (like me) game masters should be able to do more.

First off read here about an overview of their job.

Secondly to answer your question. They cannot interfere in the normal execution of the game (typically "working as intended") but they can and they DO help in a wide range of situations and so on. And I've had occasions where a GM says "can you please wait a few minutes while I talk with a development team member". The LFR you are is subject to RNG. If you were unlucky enough to get NO suitable loot a GM cannot alter that outcome. If a loot window appear with loot in it and you cannot loot it and tried it, then perhaps you can ask for them to check the loot table to see if loot did come up for you and MAYBE get it sent to you if you were eligible (i.e. class, spec, ability to equip or wear AND you were in the LFR for the first time since reset).

05/07/2017 00:20Posted by Someoneelse
If you've only played WoW for 60 days and have made 12 tickets then this game is clearly not for you as things get much more 'random' at end game.

Have to agree with this...

Now go try to farm Ashes of Al'ar or similar and then you see how much stuff revolves around RNG.
Why you all down voting and trying to get smart with the OP? This person knows the situation and is correct on the fact that lfr 0.1% style loot bag drops from dragon soul is an intended yet dated change. It needs reverting and the reason for the change in the first place is no longer relevant.

All OP did was ask a GM for info and to find out if it was a bug or intended and if they could do anything about it and here you are all jumping on with the down votes as if OP is complaining, crying, with foam on the mouth that a GM cannot change it. He/ she also suggested that for things like this (an obvious oversight as devs are focused on new content) that a GM can confirm and fix the issue saving the devs a lot of time.

What's wrong with you people?
Oh my sweet summers child. I have two WOW accounts and have been trying to get invincible for YEARS.
I´d like to add my two cents.

I´m a game master on another game, way smaller then this, but big enough to need clear rules (a few hundred thousand users). I´m glad that there are a playbook that the GMs work by. Not necessarily a strict specific rule, but some boundaries that they need to work in between.

Lets pretend that they could do whatever they felt like, then it would pretty much depend on who you got help from and in what mood they where when helping you.

This wouldn't be good, since the help wouldn't be consistent. If a GM should decide if they think that a specific drop rate is to low and award anyone complaining then we would have a game where GM bypass the developers and where a ticket to the GMs would be standard. This would really add a huge amount of work pressure on them.

So I understand why they answer like they do on this question and hope that they keep doing it that way. IF the drop rate are to low it needs to be changed backend, now by freely award loot as they see fit.

I myself have hunted Convergence of Fates for a long time, and are still to see it drop from Elisande. If I would have been able to get it from GM just by complaining about RNG I would complain every time to increase my chances. But I dont since thats unreasonable. RNG happends.
GMs are basically customer support.

They help you with bugs/technical/account support.

Your issue is an in-game issue = That's the devs job.
Okay a lot of people are making analogies to jobs like a policeman or an bank advicer. I will not comment on their specific examples, but all I can say is in the country where I live people judge the situation and make solutions to each individual person. The law of my country is flexiable enough and do allow people to think for themself..... I want Blizzard to allow the same flexibility for their Game Master.

It is clearly not working as intented when you kill 8 boss in an old raid and NOTHING at all drops (absolutely nothing). The "rules" of the game might say that there is no bug and working as implemented, but it clearly follows an old system.

I do understand the random element of the game and that I cannot expect to get ex. tusk of mannoroth the first time i kill Garrosh in SoO (or for 100 time i kill him) or when i raid HC ToS that loot I need drops, but the "rules" of the game do say when you kill a raid boss something should drop... Basic foundation of the game.

I would like to hear from people what problems they had a game master fix for them, because any request I have made have never been solved. (I have also many times accepted their answer when they had an good argument for not helping me)

@Abacabb ---> thank you, you get my point.

@ Alydria and Someoneelse --> I have played since BC have more than 8 in lvl 110 and another 12 in 100+. With more that 400 days played inside WoW. Any Blizzard emplyee can confirm that and I dare them to do so. I know and love this game, why I sit here and arguing for more power to GMs so they can help more people in situations there might be within the game designe but is unfair to the player.(whatever it might be)