I hate Thisalee Crow

General
>10 000 year old elf
>sounds like Becky, the neighbor's 16 year old daughter

I Wish Blizzard would actually pay for voice actors. The worst is Maiev: what did Illidan do to her while she was imprisoned? Why does she sound so raw? I mean go watch any Warcraft 3 cutscene with her in it, she did NOT sound like that.
Now now, theres no need to be catty about it.

Check out THESE claws!
01/07/2017 11:47Posted by Remiv
The worst is Maiev: what did Illidan do to her while she was imprisoned? Why does she sound so raw?

She sounds fine for what she's gone through. That and the combination of her VA getting a lot older and you're surprised she sounds the way she does?
I admit that I really liked that sassy night elf in Cataclysm. Now the chicken noises during the Chicken vs. Crocolisk quest on the Broken Shore isn't the only reason I remove my headset when doing that WQ.

Thisalee's character got destroyed in Legion.

More like 14, pretending to be a superhero's sidekick.

I agree with Catherine above. I remember Thisalee very fondly from the Molten Front, but I don't recognise this changeling in Legion at all.
She was way better in Cata she can be so obnoxious in Legion.
01/07/2017 14:03Posted by Catherine
Now the chicken noises during the Chicken vs. Crocolisk quest on the Broken Shore isn't the only reason I remove my headset when doing that WQ.

Chicken noises are removed now.
>10 000 year old elf

I Wish Blizzard would actually pay for voice actors. The worst is Maiev: what did Illidan do to her while she was imprisoned? Why does she sound so raw? I mean go watch any Warcraft 3 cutscene with her in it, she did NOT sound like that.

Then switch her out for another other body guard.
I find her voice so annoying, almost on par with LiLi.
I bet it's the same VA as Li LI, which is Lauren Tom http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0866300/

She is a horrible VA imo, i really hope thats not the voice of the druid.
For being thousands upon thousands years old, night elf npcs often sound like teens.

TyRaNdE wHeRe ArE yOu My LoVe????
02/07/2017 02:41Posted by Belami
For being thousands upon thousands years old, night elf npcs often sound like teens.

TyRaNdE wHeRe ArE yOu My LoVe????

Yeah, that Val'Shara quest chain gives you emo teen nightmares :/

Ishnu-alah
I wonder if you people have the same attitude towards young people in real life, do always tell them to go away or find them annoying? If so, then you have issues. :P

Besides its just a game tho. And personally, respectively, depending on the character i often find it quite amusing. There is already a constant war going on in there, so a few silly things there can come a long way.
02/07/2017 03:32Posted by Stormclash
I wonder if you people have the same attitude towards young people in real life, do always tell them to go away or find them annoying? If so, then you have issues. :P

Besides its just a game tho. And personally, respectively, depending on the character i often find it quite amusing. There is already a constant war going on in there, so a few silly things there can come a long way.

Oh I can block out those kids easy enough in real life, not like I have to quest with them or have to listen to them shout annoying oneliners around me all day like some NPC.

And I don't particularly hate Thisalee, just that her voice is so completely mismatched with her attitude. that particulur line she had in cata "You better get chatty, or I get stabby" loses a lot of it's badassness if you imagine it in that voice they gave her. Kinda a similar deal with LiLi Stormstout, she sounds way too much like some American tweenager which is annoying enough as it is, but then they don't even give her an original model either, she's supposedly 14-16 years old, but she has the model of a five year old pandaren kid which just makes things awkward and creepy at times.

Issues, how so? I know I personally do not enjoy being around kids or anyone below the age of 18, but I suppose it is an individual taste.
I knew I wasn't the only one.

02/07/2017 03:32Posted by Stormclash

I generally don't find teenagers annoying unless they sound like Thisalee Crow on that world quest. Too silly, too happy, if that makes any sense. It just doesn't fit.

Yeah, a few silly thing are okay, like the nuts and squirrels world quest in Val'sharah, or Khadgar's puns, I'm fine with those. I'm not fine with the horrible voice mismatch of miss Crow. It's just annoying.
>10 000 year old elf

When you're immortal even 10.000 years old you're still our equivalent of a teenager :P
I like that they added all the voice acting in Legion but yeah some voices are ... a weird choice? (not too mention some are a bit too much :P )
When I did all the quests on my druid, I was already wondering why they gave her a voice like that. Didn't keep her as my bodyguard, switched back to Broll Bearmantle right away.

Maybe we just have this idea on how npcs would sound because of their personality/attitude etc, while they have no voice yet. And when they finally get one, it's not the one we imagined and then we're disappointed by it?

"That invasion was nuts... Get it?" Yeah, I wish we could mute some wq-voices :P
The voice acting in Legion is flat out awful.

Havi and Lorewalker Cho are so blatantly the same person. Sylvanas sounds like nails down a chalkboard. Thisalee sounds like a preppy teenager on uppers and the list goes on.
02/07/2017 10:02Posted by Barelyheals
The voice acting in Legion is flat out awful.

Havi and Lorewalker Cho are so blatantly the same person. Sylvanas sounds like nails down a chalkboard. Thisalee sounds like a preppy teenager on uppers and the list goes on.

Illidan is never atleast....

But yeah i have to agree, more overall of WoD the voice acting was more decent. Legion is too much steps forward and steps back with the VAs.