I hate Thisalee Crow

General
02/07/2017 10:24Posted by Izzyfurious
02/07/2017 10:02Posted by Barelyheals
The voice acting in Legion is flat out awful.

Havi and Lorewalker Cho are so blatantly the same person. Sylvanas sounds like nails down a chalkboard. Thisalee sounds like a preppy teenager on uppers and the list goes on.

Illidan is never atleast....

But yeah i have to agree, more overall of WoD the voice acting was more decent. Legion is too much steps forward and steps back with the VAs.

Honestly, Illidan is another that grates. He sounds like hes trying too hard. Then theres that "cockney" worgan druid lady who can't say "squirrels". -.-
02/07/2017 02:41Posted by Belami
For being thousands upon thousands years old, night elf npcs often sound like teens.

TyRaNdE wHeRe ArE yOu My LoVe????

How about "Noooooooo!"
02/07/2017 10:43Posted by Barelyheals
02/07/2017 10:24Posted by Izzyfurious

Illidan is never atleast....

But yeah i have to agree, more overall of WoD the voice acting was more decent. Legion is too much steps forward and steps back with the VAs.

Honestly, Illidan is another that grates. He sounds like hes trying too hard. Then theres that "cockney" worgan druid lady who can't say "squirrels". -.-

I don't agree with you in that about illidan.
I feel like the seriousness of the game has somewhat gone out of the window. How are we supposed to suspend disbelief that azeroth is on the brink of being overrun when all y'all can do is make puns all day.
01/07/2017 11:47Posted by Remiv
>10 000 year old elf
>sounds like Becky, the neighbor's 16 year old daughter

I Wish Blizzard would actually pay for voice actors. The worst is Maiev: what did Illidan do to her while she was imprisoned? Why does she sound so raw? I mean go watch any Warcraft 3 cutscene with her in it, she did NOT sound like that.

Thisaele Crow is very hot girl and really like her voice while Maiev sounds more wicked because of pregnancy with Illidan.
Havi and Lorewalker Cho are so blatantly the same person.

How does an actor voicing two different characters in the same game make the voice acting awful? Do they ever appear together and have a chat so it's obvious that it's the same guy talking to himself? Personally I think Havi and Cho have appropriate voices for their characters.

As for Thisalee, she doesn't sound like how I imagine a ten thousand year-old elf would sound. But I've not heard her enough for her to annoy me.
02/07/2017 04:29Posted by Saldura
Oh I can block out those kids easy enough in real life,

Why? You know even in nature even animals don't shoo away others. ;p

02/07/2017 07:05Posted by Melisent
Issues, how so? I know I personally do not enjoy being around kids or anyone below the age of 18, but I suppose it is an individual taste

We are human beings, social by nature, beings that stick together since ancient times, if ya will. But when you treat others like nothing, or simply don't like them, then in fact we are even worse than animals. ;p

Its simply a morality i can't entirely get my head around, older people, younger people, yet we treat them like strangers, like different beings.

Why would you be annoyed by a child's or teenager's voice?

Personally i show the same attitude to everyone, i don't tell a teenager to go away because in my eyes he is annoying or making a joke.., its just silly.
For being thousands upon thousands years old, night elf npcs often sound like teens.

Technically, that was Xavius trying to mess with your/Tyrande's psyche. I'd argue it worked.
On topic, Nelves tend to just do whatever they want when they start talking.
Why? You know even in nature even animals don't shoo away others. ;p

I didn't say I was all "Get off mah lawn ya gosh darn kids!" I just ignore them best I can, I was young once and I could be noisy and annoying to my elders. That sort of generation gap will always exist and the older generation will get annoyed by the younger ones for various reasons.

But this is just going to derail the thread, so I'm dropping that topic here before it boils down to a sociological and psychological discussion.
02/07/2017 16:23Posted by Angelîque
01/07/2017 11:47Posted by Remiv
>10 000 year old elf
>sounds like Becky, the neighbor's 16 year old daughter

I Wish Blizzard would actually pay for voice actors. The worst is Maiev: what did Illidan do to her while she was imprisoned? Why does she sound so raw? I mean go watch any Warcraft 3 cutscene with her in it, she did NOT sound like that.

because of pregnancy with Illidan.

Hol up now
The voice acting in Legion is flat out awful.

Havi and Lorewalker Cho are so blatantly the same person. Sylvanas sounds like nails down a chalkboard. Thisalee sounds like a preppy teenager on uppers and the list goes on.

"Victory flows with the Gilneas Brigaaaade."

Seriously what I hate most is everyone calling you "champion", clearly they can't voice every name but at least record some classes/specs/titles that can be used at random "aye, beast master", "ah, lorewalker", "Sergant, please help us to do X".

All NPC's sound like that "friend" who obviously doesn't know anyones name so he calls everyone "bro" instead.
05/07/2017 11:11Posted by Azalexx
All NPC's sound like that "friend" who obviously doesn't know anyones name so he calls everyone "bro" instead.

We're not champions...we are...Broforce!
02/07/2017 18:23Posted by Minzck
Havi and Lorewalker Cho are so blatantly the same person.

How does an actor voicing two different characters in the same game make the voice acting awful? Do they ever appear together and have a chat so it's obvious that it's the same guy talking to himself? Personally I think Havi and Cho have appropriate voices for their characters.

I always feel like I can trust characters voiced by Jim Cummings. That said, he also did the voice of Runas the Shamed.
02/07/2017 07:05Posted by Melisent
I wonder if you people have the same attitude towards young people in real life, do always tell them to go away or find them annoying? If so, then you have issues. :P

Issues, how so? I know I personally do not enjoy being around kids or anyone below the age of 18, but I suppose it is an individual taste.

Dont we all
https://68.media.tumblr.com/04d50034c21d33530adbc6a26aff0bee/tumblr_o21va9ivJ41s78x4wo1_500.gif

That and the "nooooo" when cenarius vanished in the val'sh quest chain... lol.

But i love xavius and his sarcasm in dht
Stormclass made a good post and asked:
Why would you be annoyed by a child's or teenager's voice?

I have an answer that it might be, one of the psychological defence mechanisms.

Reaction formation is when a person seeks to cover up something unacceptable by adopting an opposite stance. School examples are when a mother who has a child she does not want becomes very protective of the child, or a man who is gay has a number of conspicuous heterosexual affairs and openly criticizes gays.

And hating/rejecting teenagers and children is a way for to become more adult, because being a child is no longer acceptable. I think most young people have a time in life when they struggle to put aside what is childish and no longer want to spend time with their younger friends. If someone in their group of friends found one them playing with a castle with plastic knights, or Barbies, they would be greatly embarrassed They might hide it in the basement or throw it away or even instantly trash it just to try and prove they are mature. I'm a parent so I have seen this defence mechanism at work many times in milder forms. :)

Hating a computer made npc is perfectly safe outlet, and young people hopefully even don't know the meaning of true hate, so no worries. :)

I edited this post to make it more clear, but English isn't my language so maybe I just messed it up even more.

In short: My point being, a true adult that feels they have conquered their adulthood mentally and is safe in their new role in life, no longer hates children or young people.

The defence mechanism of reaction formation is no longer needed and the feeling vanishes *poff!*