Why do you think Sylvanas wanted to defend Garrosh?

Story
Heya

I was re-reading some WoW novels and in War Crimes she asks Vol'jin whether she can defend Garrosh but he insists Baine do it.

Why do you think Sylvanas would want that? To put on a show, or instead of defend just straight up try to get him killed?
Well if she would've used the latter, to get him killed as an intention, it would pretty much be so obvious that it would be cancelled.

And why wouldn't she want to straight up? I mean he was their Warchief, who she was in the end forced to rebel against when she was the last one left of the other factions who hadn't yet joined.

Say what you will about Garrosh but he was determined and got things done. Unlike her troll predecessor who she obviously disliked as did a whole lot of us.
The only one's who liked him was alliance fanbase.

Not even Thrall himself even had the intention of ever chosing him.
She wanted the trial quickly over and give Garrosh death penalty.

“Come now, Warchief,” Sylvanas said. “No one here wants to see Garrosh leave this place for any destination other than the executioner’s block! You know this! You yourself once said—”

Golden, Christie. World of Warcraft: War Crimes (p. 21). Gallery Books. Kindle Edition.
In my opinion, if she really was to become his attorney, to have the feeling she has him at her mercy, to have him depending on her. Would feel like a good satisfaction after how he treated her in the past (clever mouth !@#$%).

Also to put a mockery onto the Pandaren trial. She was of the people to have least respect for the whole thing.
Because its a good political move that, if done well, would increase her influence in the political scene.
Shame that the "wise" August Celestials and Pandaren never intended for that mass-murdering, slavery-loving, rape-agreeing, foul magic wielder to die.

I miss the cool Garrosh, now we're stuck with Sylvanas of all things. And the Alliance isn't much better with that whimp of a Anduin, but atleast they got Greymane, a certified badass.
Alduin is just starting off, I'm glad he wasn't much use as a child, hate to have him go Anakin on us. That said... if he starts wearing black armour and.... but no, I've a feeling he will start being cool soon enough, with his new sword.
25/07/2017 13:52Posted by Xinmeng
Alduin is just starting off, I'm glad he wasn't much use as a child, hate to have him go Anakin on us. That said... if he starts wearing black armour and.... but no, I've a feeling he will start being cool soon enough, with his new sword.

Beh, I wouldn't worry about that. Anduin is the cross between Justin Bieber and Boy George and always shall be - whether in black armor or naked on Harley Davidson and rose in his teeth.
25/07/2017 16:05Posted by Richenza
naked on Harley Davidson and rose in his teeth.

I thought he looked kinda cool when disguised. But then I realised he was just stealing greymanes look.
24/07/2017 15:47Posted by Richenza
Would feel like a good satisfaction after how he treated her in the past (clever mouth !@#$%).

Seriously, so for one silly insult, which at the time was actually valid when you think about Garrosh character, having just returned from the greatest battle in his life.
And at the time, most people on Azeroth believed that this was it, the undead apocalypse would claim them all.

Everything associated with necromancy and undeath would make anyone react exactly the same to Sylvanas proposition.
Even though my alliegance lies first and foremost with the Dark One, I for the moment serves the Banshee Queen and her crusade to usurp as much power as possible and eradicate so many living she can in the process.

But to think that Sylvanas would be so lame of a character that she would hold that particular insult as a grudge is just stupid.

Now, you fools, you have left a vacuum of power and thousands of corpses and souls of for grabs. I wonder who will claim them first, the Lich King, Sylvanas or even the Old One's themselves.

Souls are the most potent energy source there is.
Wait... Sylaz is an orc again? Wasn't he undead? And before that human, and before that an orc? Geez, this guy is rich!

Sorry, irrelevant... but still.
25/07/2017 22:04Posted by Xinmeng
Wait... Sylaz is an orc again? Wasn't he undead? And before that human, and before that an orc? Geez, this guy is rich!

Sorry, irrelevant... but still.

lol, think he is having a hard time deciding, which race he likes more ;p