Moonkin. Nerfs done the wrong way + why

Arenas
Moonkins needed nerfs, but they were done the wrong way.

Explanation why:

The Bear specced moonkins with the Celestial guardian honor talent, were too tanky with a healer. That is what needed to be nerfed.
Especially the healing received part from the honor talent.
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=234081/celestial-guardian
The part which wasnt even nerfed.

They decided to nerf the magic reduce of the talent.
When they should have nerfed the healing received from others instead imo.
Besides the talent, they nerfed armor baseline.

Celestial guardian bear spec Moonkins with a healer, have been nerfed less than those without a healer.
Because those with a healer, still have the healing received part to benifit more from than those who are not getting healed by a healer.
Yet their nerfs hit those harder who are not getting healed by a healer.

Than we have Moonkins without Celestial guardian honor talent, who did not take the bear style. These were not a problem.
Yet they got hit by the nerfs as well and it affects them arguably more, than the Celestial guardian bear specced moonkins.

That isnt right.

For example you could have given the Celestial guardian honor talent to have a drawback of losing armor, instead of nerfing armor baseline. If needed you could have nerfed the armor talent too.

This way the nerfs would not hit moonkins who are not Celestial guardian bear specced, but who play with http://www.wowhead.com/spell=209730/protector-of-the-grove instead.
You could give a proper slow to those who do not play as Celestial guardian bear style.

Really frustrating when you need to nerf A, that B and C suffers more from it.

Could you please do the nerfs right and change some things?

Some nerfs have been changed into different nerfs in the past this expansion.
As the nerfs were not done right at first. Destrolocks come to mind (back in 2016).
I hope it will happen for this moonkin case too.
No boomking rules forever, my son.
Boomer nerfed and no dh nerfs in sight, you have interesting times ahead buddy.
25/07/2017 09:47Posted by Yassle
They decided to nerf the magic reduce of the talent.
When they should have nerfed the healing received from others instead imo.

Both needed nerf, the healing part needed the most nerf though to keep the "bearform" swap on big bursts wich = decent skill+ awareness.

These were not a problem

They were to melee, what?

The only thing i would like to see would be the healing part reduced (to 10%) and the magic dmg reduction, reduced to (15%) or something along those lines.
But i guess what they did was fine aswell.

As it is good boomies will be more than fine with the nerf, still the best caster in the game and the tankiest spec in the game.

I wish aff locks were in the same spot as boomies are right now, that is saying a lot about both specs
25/07/2017 11:26Posted by Jinskdh
These were not a problem

They were to melee, what?
Which melees have problems vs moonkins who are NOT bear specced?

The NOT bear specced ones are being referred to with the word "these" in what you quoted.

Just clarifying.
Maybe you misunderstood.
25/07/2017 11:41Posted by Yassle

The NOT bear specced ones are being referred to with the word "these" in what you quoted.

Just clarifying.
Maybe you misunderstood.

As in guardian affinity wich is best for pvp in any spec or the armor increase in boomkin?

The armor increased to boomie was also retarded for WW/Arms/Hunters, so.
25/07/2017 11:46Posted by Jinskdh
25/07/2017 11:41Posted by Yassle

Just clarifying.
Maybe you misunderstood.

As in guardian affinity wich is best for pvp in any spec or the armor increase in boomkin?

The armor increased to boomie was also retarded for WW/Arms/Hunters, so.
To clarify I meant not bear specced as in no guardian affinity or (at least) no celestial guardian.

Moonkins used to be a dps caster druid with cc + heals and offheals.
Somewhere in legion it shifted to guardian affinity+Celestial guardian.
This bear style got mainly too tanky if paired with a healer. But the nerfs that should nerf that style, hit those who pick other talents, as well.

Some compensation could be to make Protector of the grove talent, give in addition, a proper slow spell.

Picking Protector of the grove means you will not have Ironfeather armor talent and no Celestial guardian
and moonkin armor has also already been nerfed on the template and traits.

This suggestion would result in less dmg reduction, but a slow.
This would probably be more healthy (and more enjoyable imo).

What is your view on that?

I also made a thread before the nerfs about a trade for tankyness nerf in exchange for a proper slow. Still hoping :).

25/07/2017 11:26Posted by Jinskdh
The only thing i would like to see would be the healing part reduced (to 10%) and the magic dmg reduction, reduced to (15%) or something along those lines.
This would have been much better (if only healing received from others is lowered) as this aims more on nerfing the tanky synergy with a healer healing them
and this way it would affect their survival less when they dont have a healer tossing heals to them.
Boomy tears lovely...