Acquisition of Challenge Artifact Skin Tints

General
Edit: Problem gets solved as of Patch 7.3.

TL;DR - The current system for the Mage Tower Artifact Tints is !@#$e and needs to be changed. Please report a suggestion to Blizzard using the Ingame Customer Support Option to give this some momentum and increase our chance of change in a future Hotfix or Patch.

Good evening my fellow Chaps and Chapettes,

Today I want to bring to your attention the issue of the current system for the Tints of the Mage Tower Artifact Appearances.

Currently the unlockable Tints for that Artifact Appearance
(Killing Kil'jaeden in Heroic Mode, wining ten rated Battlegrounds and defeating all Dungeon Bosses)
are Spec-Specific instead of Character-Specific as it used to function with the Hidden Artifact Appearance Tints.

This is an issue as you can imagine when you look at the unlock requirements for just a few seconds.

The Dungeon Boss kills are managable. The grind just becomes three times as annoying as you now have to do the drill with all three specs.
Just another extended and annoying time consuming grind adding up onto your chores.

Now look at RBG. You have to run every spec and win each 10 RBGs.
Try finding a group for example with a Tank spec. Also some class specs are known to perform terrible and thus aren't considered for competitive gameplay and therefore often rejected (nevermind the chance of winning with such a team composition).

Next up the Kil'Jaeden Heroic kill. Most of you with a Raid Guild have most likely one fixed role (or sometimes two, depending on the class) to perform.
In my case as the Main Raidhealer it is therefore next to impossible to get into a position in which I can kill the boss in other specs without putting the Raid team to a huge disadvantage. You might find yourself in a similar situation.

Same goes for DPS classes. For example look at the Rogue.
There's a huge difference in overall DPS-Performance between the different Specs at the moment. At heroic difficulty most players are required to get the best performance out of their class in order to compete, especially when it comes to the last boss of a Raid Instance, which here is required to be defeated.
For example look at the Rogues difference in DPS comparing the Subtlety to the Assassination Spec.

You therefore force the player to play a suboptimal Spec, they might not have the best Weapon-Relics or Legendaries for. This will result in lower DPS-Output and thereby disadvantage the whole Raid Team just so they might be able to unlock their Artifact Tint.

Let's face it, the current system is terrible and should be reconsidered.
Just by changing it up to be Character-specific would solve all these problems.

The challenge would be still the same but less frustrating and more flexible as:

• You still need to complete the Mage Tower challenges for all Specs individually in order to access the other colour variants.
  • You still have to successfully kill Heroic Kil'Jaeden (but don't have to disadvantage your raid, if you are even allowed to switch Specs by your Raidleader in the first place.)
  • You still need to win ten rated Battlegrounds (but just with the Spec that your RBG-Team actually requires you to play in order to bring perfection to the team composition).
  • You still need to kill all Dungeon Bosses with a Challenge Artifact Appearance equipped (but don't have to grind it three god darn times!).

All requirements still need to be fulfilled but the players would be no longer punished for disadvantaging their fellow mates for transmogrification purposes.

I already chatted with a Gamemaster about this topic. Unfortunately their hands are tied when it comes to game design, but interestingly he was as a player also affected by this and strongly agreed with my opinion on that topic.

He suggested to use the In-Game-Report function to Submit Suggestions.
So I did that, but one Suggestion might perish in the sheer amount Blizzard receives on a daily basis.

So here's where you come into play:

If you agree with my opinion on this topic please file a Suggestion using the In-Game Customer Service Platform.

Together we might be able to create change and make Azeroth great again!

See you lads and have a nice evening.
One solution: gear more. These things are basically gear checks.
I was under the impression that it it did unlock for all, but if not thats pretty bad. There is limits to how we should be required to repeat the same achievements, this here is one of them. I dont think it should be exactly like with the hidden weapon, but once you unlock the base appearance it should count your KJ kill, your 10 RBGs won, and that you've killed all the dungeon bosses for all the specs that then unlock the mage tower, instead of repeating this process 3 times.
29/07/2017 18:19Posted by Dextrozz
I was under the impression that it it did unlock for all, but if not thats pretty bad. There is limits to how we should be required to repeat the same achievements, this here is one of them.

Yesterday I've unlocked the Dungeon Tint for my Holy Weapon. The Tint for my Retribution Weapon didn't unlock.

The requirement states specifically:
"Defeat all Legion dungeon bosses using this challenge artifact apperance."

The same description goes with the other two Tints and the Gamemaster I've spoken to confirmed my assumptions.
The mage ones are barely any different from the first one in colour. It's not even worth the effort.
29/07/2017 18:37Posted by Kooki
The mage ones are barely any different from the first one in colour. It's not even worth the effort.

Lucky you! Unfortunately there are other Classes that still have a disadvantage from the current design or other players might still like the Mage Tints because of personal preference.
The whole system is BS spanning back to Balance of power .They need a rethink on how they are earned tbh .Esepcially this and prestige ones.
29/07/2017 20:11Posted by Cælestis
The whole system is BS spanning back to Balance of power .They need a rethink on how they are earned tbh .Esepcially this and prestige ones.

Definetly. The gating system for the Colour Tints of Honor Prestige Skins are a dire time sink aswell. But let's focus on one at a time.
They did a live Q&A Session yesterday.
The system is changing as of Patch 7.3.

So you won't have to have a specific appearance equipped to earn a color tint.
You just have to unlock the base apperance and do the thing once.

So you just have to, for example do 10 RBGs in Holy spec to get the Color Variant for all three specs unlocked.
It didn't change tho. Or is it not retroactive? I got the "kill all dungeon end bosses" on one skin but not on another.