Pet battle smartphone app

Pet Battles
What if there was an app that allowed you to do your pet battle dailies of tamers you have already beaten through your smartphone without having to fly all over Azeroth. Think it's a good or a bad idea?

Personally I am loving the legion companion app and the armory app and I think such a change would be a major quality of life improvement. I would also definitely pay up to 10$ just so I don't have to fly all over the place all the time. There are quite a few moments that I have free time with my cellphone but no computer nearby.
same and I also would like to do some pvp battles on the app
Interesting concept, would be quite fun having a pet battle app.

Only issue would be to integrate it with your battle.net account and if it records wins etc.

Like you could level alts with pet battles or farm Rare Battle Stones in-game, would like something similar within the app.
But, if you don't need to fly around, you can basically level your pets without even playing the game. How would Blizzard benefit from that?
The idea isn't bad at its core, but I can see some improvements.

The app could have two things:
1. Mobile PvP, since this isn't based on flying and collecting.
2. One (and just that) random WQ everyday (if you want more, go online).

### PVP ###

First of all, the huge benefit of battle pets PvP over mobile would be queues getting shorter. Most people do them during events only. This would give them an opportunity to battle pets during work, university time or even their toilet time. I usually play some boring games, instead of blizzard ones, just because I have something to do.

Moreover, PvP battles are much easier to implement. Contrary to collecting you can be anywhere, since the LFG tool does everything for you when it comes to matchmaking.

### WQ ###

One pet world quest a day would be enough in my opinion. You want to get more out of pet battles - go online. This would be a "hey I can actually do those" mechanic for most people. I have many friends that don't do them, because they failed once and don't want to try again.
I mean Blizzard has been stealing "the best" from other games since Vanilla why cant they take some from Pokemon Go?
At least dailys if you have done them at least once ingame before or something.
Even Celestial Tournament :)
I really want this. They should make it a standalone app, that doesnt requiere a wow account.

Then when you have played it a lot, you would get a battlechest key, to contiune your adventure in wow. Could draw in a lot of new players. And from a programmers perspective, it wouldnt take long time to make.
if that happen, they should also allow players ingame to do the exact same thing just as easy..
14/10/2017 21:32Posted by Tárissa
But, if you don't need to fly around, you can basically level your pets without even playing the game. How would Blizzard benefit from that?

How does Blizzard benefit from us flying around?

Blizzard could make it a condition that you can only access your pets through the app if you have an active WoW sub.
Hello,

A mobile app with in-game Battle Pets, sounds like a very interesting idea! I would advise you to send this up as a suggestion in-game!
PvP would be the best for this surely. completing quests for daily tamers outside the game along with associated rewards (albino buzzard?) would just make it OP
A few weeks ago I wondered why this isnt a thing yet. I havent done pet battles for 1-2 expansions, if an app came out where I could pet battle I would be interested doing pet battles again. When I am on the pc I feel I already have too much other stuff to do and dont have time for the side stuff like pet battles. pet battle app please!
Pet battles aren’t balanced or polished enough for an app.

Blizzard would have to fix the long list of outstanding issues before implementing any additional content.
I suggested this some time ago and the post was flooded with trolls.
I would like to see a pet battle app as well.
I want that app too! A mobile app with in-game Battle Pets is great idea! I have a lot of time to play on mobile. But when I'm at my computer. I do not have time to play Battle Pets.
12/11/2017 19:51Posted by Rosqo

Blizzard would have to fix the long list of outstanding issues before implementing any additional content.

If its working good enough in the game, its good enough to be an app. There really is no difference between the two, except where you play (pc vs mobile).
05/08/2017 15:51Posted by Edgelorder
allowed you to do your pet battle dailies of tamers you have already beaten through your smartphone without having to fly all over Azeroth

Orienting yourself in the world, and moving around, is a large part of what pet battling is.

This is especially true for wild battles, of course. I can't even imagine what an app that allowed "wild" battles would be.

However, an app that allowed you to do tamer battles with no travel time would instantly stop anyone ever doing tamer battles in the game. Why would you ever do these battles on the PC when you can do them in half the time on the app? Or the PC version would have to allow you to instantly zone in to a tamer with no travel time, to compete with the app version.

So no, I don't see an app as a good thing.

PvP is a different question. PvP involves a queue, and no movement, so that objection doesn't apply.

However, I really don't see myself doing PvP on a phone screen, with no Derangement's. no Tracker, and especially no Rematch to save teams and let me pick pets. I think it would be a good thing if it worked, and added more people to the queue, but I can't imagine it would be worth the time and money investment to develop it and keep it up to date.
13/11/2017 14:59Posted by Ramzi
12/11/2017 19:51Posted by Rosqo

If its working good enough in the game, its good enough to be an app. There really is no difference between the two, except where you play (pc vs mobile).

Pvp pet battles on an app would become triple Bone serpents or infernal pyraclaws in its current state.
13/11/2017 16:57Posted by Rosqo
Pvp pet battles on an app would become triple Bone serpents or infernal pyraclaws in its current state.

Agreed.
100% agreed with this proposition. It would be amazing, dunno if the implementation would satisfy everyone tho.