Might as well get a level squish.

General
Let's be honest, going back to 10 levels per expansions have been nothing other than redundant. Why exactly?

First if we look at each expansion zone since cataclysm we will see that there are 4-5 zones in the expansion which fits nicely by having one zone each giving an level.

Second there have barely been any new or any skills or features at all given across these new 10-20 levels, and as i see now my level 82 Rogue have learned all it's skills except for 2 talents and the artifact traits, which means there is nearly 30 level in which there is nothing new even once we hit the 100-110 range. This is except for DH which start at 98, though even they end up only gett skills every 2nd level after 105.

Then lastly it's the fact that level hardly matters with the direction legion went, and have prety much been replaced with AP for class features and ilvl to improve our loot from daily quests and chests. You could completely remove the 10 last levels and instead force us to use a few hours collecting better gear... to collect better gear... rather than farming the standard exp.

In the end, we could very easily just remove 5 levels from both WoD and Legion and no one would notice.
I want to be level 120 though. :(
02/08/2017 22:01Posted by Minan
I want to be level 120 though. :(

And I want to have ilvl 1000
I don't mind having so many levels. What's the big deal if it's 60 levels or 110 levels? It's still the same content that gets you there either way.
Does it really matter? The content is flown through anyway. I agree that we could do with a talent unlock between 90-110, but to remove levels is just daft.

I'm not bashing on your post sir, I can understand the reasons why you think this, but at the end of the day, no one really wants to go back to level 100 as max level.

I reckon around 150 should be as high as the expansions take us, but by then, the exp boosts will probably be increased so that the leveling experience is not trivial.
Level and stat squish please
03/08/2017 09:13Posted by Meattloaf

Getting absolutely tired of how big the numbers are getting, we're already beyond MoP levels.
03/08/2017 09:15Posted by Vexenar

Getting absolutely tired of how big the numbers are getting, we're already beyond MoP levels.

Agreed. Regular mobs having over a million hp just doesn't feel right.
LVL 50000 doing 1989128975125781274812478 1298412 DPS.. This game is feeling more and more like I'm playing on a private server. Everything's so damn exaggerated.

I wouldn't mind going back to level 60 again tbh.
A level squish wont happen as it would bugger up the old world leveling. They have also said that 10 levels gives a better feel of leveling up.

At the end of the day, player level means nothing, you reach max level, whatever it is, if it's 120 or 1,020, makes no difference, players will still rush to max level and then the end game begins.

Regarding numbers, again, the actual numbers are meaningless, it's purely for aesthetics. Whether I'm doing 1mill damage or 1k damage, has no bearing on anything.

The only thing I like is unlocking abilities as I level. I enjoyed the WoD model for this. HOWEVER, and It's a big HOWEVER, I don't want them to remove abilities that should/have been baseline just to give them back again.
03/08/2017 09:24Posted by Varnan
A level squish wont happen as it would bugger up the old world leveling. They have also said that 10 levels gives a better feel of leveling up.
Which isn't really the case when we get nothing for 9 levels...
Which isn't really the case when we get nothing for 9 levels...

Not exactly nothing, because.. you know.. talents. But I see your point.

Edit:

As a demon hunter I just realised that only my class has these level talents...

So please ignore me.
02/08/2017 23:08Posted by Kooki
I don't mind having so many levels. What's the big deal if it's 60 levels or 110 levels? It's still the same content that gets you there either way.

I'm inclined to disagree.

It's okay when you're on the latter half of the level ladder but starting from scratch?

115/120 sounds like pure doom imo.

If they nerf experience required by a good margin from 1-100 then I'm game.

But no xp nerf will make it feel like a long ladder that just keeps going and going...

I don't mind levelling in any MMO but like I said for new players who want to try other classes or current who want to perhaps finally reroll it's just a road that's getting longer and longer.

Sure the boost helps but I'm personally more interested in keeping that 50 quid for myself.

Just my two cents on the topic.
03/08/2017 09:43Posted by Kllein

I disagree with this, it wouldn't be doom at all. I do however agree that there should be a nerf for experience needed from 1-100, as this is the most tedious thing currently.
02/08/2017 23:08Posted by Kooki

It's okay when you're on the latter half of the level ladder but starting from scratch?

But no xp nerf will make it feel like a long ladder that just keeps going and going...

I don't mind levelling in any MMO but like I said for new players who want to try other classes or current who want to perhaps finally reroll it's just a road that's getting longer and longer.

Sure the boost helps but I'm personally more interested in keeping that 50 quid for myself.

I could be wrong, but I think they nerf the xp needed in the last expansion when a new one comes out?

Levelling through WoD feels a ton faster than it did, for example. It could just be my imagination though.
03/08/2017 10:44Posted by Minan

I could be wrong, but I think they nerf the xp needed in the last expansion when a new one comes out?

Levelling through WoD feels a ton faster than it did, for example. It could just be my imagination though.

No you're correct.

But my main concern is the xp nerf needs to be a tad greater or level scaling implemented.

I probably didn't make it clear above but I don't generally mind more levels my concern is burnout.

Most of us have seen this content numerous times so I think either a smoother transition between 58 - 90 or level scaling would be beneficial.

That way many of us could perhaps finish off loremaster whilst we level etc.

So yeah I'd like a nice xp fix for all areas or level scaling to smooth that levelling period out.

Again just food for thought.

I actually agree with this and have been thinking about it. Going beyond 100 felt a bit wrong, maybe because it feels like when you hit 100 you come full circle, 110 felt a bit off.

As for the stats, I agree with 2 hands - it starts to feel more and more like some kind of a Chinese MMORPG.

Who knows, maybe later on the experience we get will not go into character leveling, but some kind of salvaged artifact-like system where you need experience to boost your talents and abilities instead of dinging levels..... Wow, I talk nonsense.
At the end of the day, player level means nothing, you reach max level, whatever it is, if it's 120 or 1,020, makes no difference.

LOL of course it matters, you can't honestly expect people to level from 1-1020, let alone 1-200..

Rather than selling a boost in the shop, Blizzard needs to look at ways where players who WANT to have alts can EARN something in the game in a meaningful way that can be given to an alt as either a permanent level boost (say 10 or 20 levels) OR give a temporary leveling acceleration (you earn XP faster for a while).

I KNOW that heirlooms do this also already in a way, but just spending a bit of gold and clicking a button in the UI doesn't feel meaningful to me. It SHOULD be called "heirloom" for a reason. This idea is to give the word some meaning.

I note that often enough people say they don't have enough time for their alts, especially during Legion. Just like you can give something meaningful to alts now in terms of AP, you need to extend the SAME feeling to heirlooms. Let heirlooms be heirlooms in a proper sense.

Dictionary definition:

heirloom
a valuable object that has belonged to a family for several generations.

I ask this of those with multiple alts...Is your group of characters you play in a way not a family of sorts even if they are all different races? You keep them around for a reason, right?

You have a "main" for a reason. It's the character that means the most. Your alts "inherit" things from that main. You send them gold, you send them gear (or heirloom gear), you send them spare mats for profession leveling, you send them the AK tome to speed up their AP gain.

So make heirloom gear enhanced with something similar to the order class hall enhancement. Unless you get these "boosts" your characters use just gear that levels up with them, that won't offer anything other than gear that goes from level 1 to 110 (and that's like the artifact weapon right now).

Like with your artifact weapon you "build" the gear to suit the needs of your character, so if you want to level faster you earn on your main tomes that can be sent to learn up to +25% level speed enhancement.

If you want to boost your profession you earn the ability to send a tome that gives up to +25% enhancement in professions (that is...for gathering you gain an extra point automatically for every for levels you gain in conventional ways or you can either spend the tome to make stuff "orange" for point gain for up to +25% longer or you proc food, potions/flasks etc. for +25% more output).

You could also get something that gives you travel speed. That is up to +25% speed boost for taxi or +25% speed on mounts (not 2-seaters) and if you are in a fight you proc up to +25% on spell output.

The final +25% comes in the form of group content boosting. Every +5% you spend here would increase the chance of better gear to drop in level 60+ content (raids and dungeons).

But there's a restriction. You can have a maximum of +60% overall enhancement from these tomes so you need to CHOOSE which of these you put points (each worth +5%) in and it's an heirloom-related talent tree of sorts. I bet most people will do +25% in the level speed enhancement and +25% in the last suggestion made.

But your MAIN would need to earn the tomes to give to alts and each tome would be worth +5% a time. So you can either earn up the necessary tomes to get YOUR ideal +60% when you get going with a new alt OR start leveling an alt in standard gear to level 60 and then collect the ideal +60% when you are level 60.

Why level 60 for the "heirloom talent tree"?

Because it puts you into the bracket of content that starts to be meaningful and challenging in terms of raids and dungeons. The raids and dungeons at level 60 or higher COULD also be made tougher by Blizzard and have a REDUCED overall XP gain too (which is negated if you had five players in the dungeon all wearing +25% group boost enhancement (so +125% of normal XP, so if you earned say 100K XP from doing a dungeon then with this it would be 225K XP).

Match making would be necessary with the group boost enhancement, so that those who want to do dungeons and raids without heirloom enhancements would group up with others without it. Those who have at least one group boost enhancement would be put in groups with people with up to +25% (in a way this is based loosely on the mythic dungeon system with the keys).

This just an IDEA that I had lately because of seeing all the new technologies that exist in WoW. I don't really use heirlooms for the specific reason that I don't find their use meaningful or necessary.

But I might look differently at them if I had been EARNING the enhancements similarly to how I earn the AK tomes for my alts (and you have to collect the order resources to get them in some way, there's a certain amount of effort involved even if that effort becomes negligible as you get towards AK 40.

But then the stuff I listed above would be for ONE heirloom item of gear and you got fifteen items you'd wear if you want to go "full house". So now you're earning tomes for cloth, leather, mail, plate and weapons (potentially), and at least +60% for each gear in +5% blocks. I guess you can do the math...

It's just an idea, okay...I guess I can just post ideas like every other person...
03/08/2017 09:15Posted by Vexenar

03/08/2017 09:18Posted by Diehauser
Agreed. Regular mobs having over a million hp just doesn't feel right.

Its not just about feeling, its already beyond absurd at this point. Even the player power is so ridiculous, abilties hitting for millions on a regular basis..., that it makes the whole game experience very distasteful.

03/08/2017 09:24Posted by Varnan
Regarding numbers, again, the actual numbers are meaningless, it's purely for aesthetics. Whether I'm doing 1mill damage or 1k damage, has no bearing on anything.

It has an effect on the whole playing experience, such huge numbers are very disgusting, especially in comparison to health pools. It feels really bad that within a single expansion your character has turned into a God-like being. I mean it was fine before, vanilla, tbc, wotlk, cata, mop...etc, but in Legion we do so much damage like some divine beings.