Eliminating AH flipping plague

General
1 2 3 5 Next
Any item bought on the AH becomes account bound.

As for guilds, make your members get professions and make items to deposit directly in guild bank.

Simply put, you buy something from AH because you want to use it.
Nah, I'll buy and sell what I want thanks. Free economy.
10/08/2017 11:04Posted by Meattloaf

Of course you buy and sell what you want, but what you buy, you keep, and use it for your characters. You don't buy it to get more gold and creating inflation. Don't be stupid.
I'm confused as to how it's a plague?
It's a standard economic concept you'l find anywhere. I'm sorry you suck at playing the AH, but making it so whatever you buy becomes bound to you is god awful.

10/08/2017 11:08Posted by Xelthos
You don't buy it to get more gold and creating inflation. Don't be stupid.

If you're smart / rich enough to do that, yes you do.
No sorry, free economy. I'm free to make a business selling items I purchased from other sellers. Don't like it don't buy it.
10/08/2017 11:09Posted by Ixenn
It's a standard economic concept you'l find anywhere.

It's a plague in the real world too.
Im sorry but if someone is selling the item for the wrong price I will happily correct that and put it at the price its worth. If nobody would be flipping AH everything would be extremely cheap and it would cause the economy to crash. Don't be upset just because you are poor and don't know how to earn some gold.
If you want to stop inflation in WoW, tell blizz to stop selling gold for real currency...

The WoW token is the real plague of the economy, not the few nerds flipping virtual items on the AH.
People make a lot of gold flipping stuff. It's not something I've ever been interested in doing myself but you can't make things account bound on purchase. You can't punish people for playing the economy.
Awww, did someone get ripped off? or something stupid like putting it on for the wrong price?

10/08/2017 11:09Posted by Ixenn

I'm not, see above. If some people do it wrong they blame someone else.
10/08/2017 10:52Posted by Xelthos

Simply put, no.

The Auction House is a place to facilitate trading between players. If someone purchases something, it is entirely up to them whether they use the item, attempt to flip it for a profit, give the item to a friend, or sell it to a vendor for whatever reason, etc.
10/08/2017 11:39Posted by Aerythlea

Simply put, no.

The Auction House is a place to facilitate trading between players. If someone purchases something, it is entirely up to them whether they use the item, attempt to flip it for a profit, give the item to a friend, or sell it to a vendor for whatever reason, etc.

+1
Now the OP is going to either:

Become a powerful world leader and change the worlds economy, just so that he can in turn change the WoW economy to replicate it.

or

Go away and become the most renowned AH flipper of all time while listening to Eye Of The Tiger in some strange montage.
10/08/2017 11:39Posted by Aerythlea

Simply put, no.

Rekt.
10/08/2017 11:14Posted by Gitmox
If you want to stop inflation in WoW, tell blizz to stop selling gold for real currency...

The WoW token is the real plague of the economy, not the few nerds flipping virtual items on the AH.

They dont do that. Players do
Blizz's just the middleman
10/08/2017 11:04Posted by Meattloaf

Of course you buy and sell what you want, but what you buy, you keep, and use it for your characters. You don't buy it to get more gold and creating inflation. Don't be stupid.

and what bad about it ? what you described not only pay for my wow sub but also for all other blizzard games that i didnt have.

seems like somebody is bitter that others are good at AH game
Flipping isn't the real plague, it's 390124254234534654 auctions of a single Yseraline Seed by the same player that messes up the AH experience.
10/08/2017 12:23Posted by Lilîith

and what bad about it ? what you described not only pay for my wow sub but also for all other blizzard games that i didnt have.

seems like somebody is bitter that others are good at AH game

Isn't the AH game just mostly automated by the addons?

Ofc you need some experience for what to look for etc.
stupid.

/thread
If people are smart enough to play the AH (I'm not and don't really care about gold as there is seldom something I need to buy off the AH) then good on them.

Inflation is caused by the increasing amount of gold gained from quests and stuff, meaning everyone is richer yet the amount of goods you can/want to buy remains the same.