War With North Korea, Would It Affect WoW?

General
Now please don't think I'm being flippant or undermining the absolute seriousness of the impending war between America and North Korea, but, seeing as I think the servers are in California (not sure about EU servers?) servers could be affected by any electromagnetic bursts from nukes in the Pacific.

Again, I know it sounds a bit silly really, but many of us have put over a decade into WoW and would like to see it go on war or not, I know I would.

Thoughts?
Yeah i hope Trump wont go to war as i want to play WoW without lag.
Ur watching too much movies.
Tbh I am expecting another thread from N. Korean President any time now. He is such a big baby.
09/08/2017 13:33Posted by Dirgarius
Ur watching too much movies.

I don't watch films though? :-p
09/08/2017 13:29Posted by Drobium
many of us have put over a decade into WoW and would like to see it go on war or not, I know I would.

This actually made me laugh irl. Two countries potentially going to war and your main concern being what will happen to your WoW character. :D
09/08/2017 13:46Posted by Rahesh
09/08/2017 13:29Posted by Drobium
many of us have put over a decade into WoW and would like to see it go on war or not, I know I would.

This actually made me laugh irl. Two countries potentially going to war and your main concern being what will happen to your WoW character. :D

Well.......yeah :-p
09/08/2017 13:46Posted by Drobium
Well.......yeah :-p

I like your style. ;]
I hate the fact that litteraly the whole world will be affected because 2 people made it so. Just because they are 2 giant crybabies who wants to show off their cool toys and see who has the best. It's really sad and frustrating.
I agree its quite worrying.

This paired with everybody who isn't english having to migrate from english realms after brexit, i think we are in for some turbulent times.
Not going to happen , not while North Korea has a really big ally and neighbour, China sitting right next to it.

China would never allow it to happen and well you don't want to mess with China. They have over 100 million men/women in service. :P

Not only that Russia is allied to China so i don't think Russia would be too happy if America started shooting at Both NK and Chinese.

Both those countries own , weapons of mass destruction to boot.

Also America wouldn't go in without the support of the EU and UN which i highly doubt either of those would agree to start a war with.

So in conclusion WW3 just ain't gonna happen this week folks sorry.
09/08/2017 13:53Posted by Bilban
Not going to happen , not while North Korea has a really big ally and neighbour, China sitting right next to it.

China would never allow it to happen and well you don't want to mess with China. They have over 100 million men/women in service. :P

Not only that Russia is allied to China so i don't think Russia would be too happy if America started shooting at Both NK and Chinese.

I hope you are right, but remember, those two countries have idiots in charge lol
I feel like the WoW servers going down would be the least of our worries if nuclear bombs start dropping anywhere in the world, let alone near California.
yep! Nuclair war= EMP bye bye WoW servers.
09/08/2017 13:56Posted by Taladith
I feel like the WoW servers going down would be the least of our worries if nuclear bombs start dropping anywhere in the world, let alone near California.

You mean swapping a world of warcraft, for a world of war?

Also America wouldn't go in without the support of the EU and UN which i highly doubt either of those would agree to start a war with.

Except North Korea keeps provoking the USA as far as I am aware with their constant threats. If they do anything at all the entire NATO will erase North Korea from the face of the planet with China nor Russia being able to do anything about it because they instigated a war themselves.
Not likely. Even in case of war Americans aren't likely to kill Blizzard as a company or its business/products (by nationalization or just liquidation). It's a goose bearing golden eggs, so there is no reason.

The American soil itself would have to be directly threatened and all Blizzard staff including Metzen to be constripted into National Guard to dig trenches on beaches of California... But more likely scenario that would also prevent you to play the game would be your own constription and being sent to Asia or Pacific to fight as canon fodder for American interests.

Well said.

OP used the phrase 'Impending war' lmao, how in any way is it impending??
09/08/2017 14:27Posted by Lëwis

Well said.

OP used the phrase 'Impending war' lmao, how in any way is it impending??
Because neither side can back down. Same during WW2, I live next to Coventry, the city was totally destroyed, even a new word was invented "Coventrate". Read back through history, read how no-one though either WW1 or WW2 could ever happen. NK and USA will hopefully be a small regional war, but it 'will' happen. There are now no other options on the table. If there are, please explain to Trump and 'Un what they are??