Class changes in 8.0

General
So 7.0 brought us alot of class changes Demo warlocks went through a massive change as to did survival hunters, death Knights had a few and so did many others some of them were welcome some not so much.

One that has irritated me is the removal of 2h weapons from frost Dk's, now it's an obvious change since our legendary is a set of 1h swords but in 8.0 we lose our legendaries will we have an option to revert back to 2h weapons?, will this expansion give us more customisation?.

Just a thought.
It's hardly customisation, you're forced to use whatever is the best weapon in your bah, but if it goes back to how it used to be, which would make sense, then yes.

I am excited for it though, I have enjoyed Artifacts but I don't want another 2 years, i miss having a new staff for each raid tier. Relics are not at all fun or satisfying to get.
Replacing a 900 staff for a 925 staff is no where closed to the same feeling as replacing a 900 relic for a 925 relic.
I hope they actually bring the CLASS fantasy instead of a SPEC fantasy we got now. Druids were left being able to do pretty much everything in any spec and that's what makes them fun. Why were other classes denied this? Why can't I raise dead as frost/blood? Am I a death knight or a frost/blood warrior?

I want to see a real class fantasy like druid has and not a spec fantasy like half the other classes in this game.
So to answer this in a possible way.

As they have stated we will not keep our artifacts (only appearances)
So if they take away our artifact, we will automatically lose all the abilities and passives we've gotten from it as we cannot keep them in any single way, since the powers belong to the weapon and not our characters.

Removing all these abilities / passive changes a lot of classes, which may require a full rework of all classes and specs in general.
22/08/2017 12:36Posted by Biblethump

So if they take away our artifact, we will automatically lose all the abilities and passives we've gotten from it as we cannot keep them in any single way, since the powers belong to the weapon and not our characters.

Removing all these abilities / passive changes a lot of classes, which may require a full rework of all classes and specs in general.

All the abilities and passives from a fully completed artifact could be hard coded into each respective class/spec meaning we have all the settings but a "normal" weapon again.
22/08/2017 12:43Posted by Goresh
22/08/2017 12:36Posted by Biblethump

All the abilities and passives from a fully completed artifact could be hard coded into each respective class/spec meaning we have all the settings but a "normal" weapon again.

If that is the case, then lore wise that wouldn't make sense, unless the weapons somehow are destroyed and our bodies somehow gain the power.
22/08/2017 12:54Posted by Biblethump

If that is the case, then lore wise that wouldn't make sense, unless the weapons somehow are destroyed and our bodies somehow gain the power.

Class rebalancing and reworking has never made lore sense and that has never being a concern for Blizzard.
22/08/2017 11:38Posted by Uruk
I want to see a real class fantasy like druid has and not a spec fantasy like half the other classes in this game.

Why not both? Some stuff that is class fantasy (i agree on your army of the dead part. Didnt even know you cant summon it outside unholy or something. I dont play DK tho) aswell as having stuff that is spec fantasy.
Shadow Priests get a baseline Aoe Ability....!

One can only dream...
Remove artifact weapon....
I miss to get new weapons.

And i hate relics.
22/08/2017 12:43Posted by Goresh

I don't think Lore counts in this regards, otherwise I'd have a lot more spells which were stolen during several expansions.

i.e. why would i forget i could cast arcane, frost and fire spells without needing to "respec".
I hope they actually bring the CLASS fantasy instead of a SPEC fantasy we got now. Druids were left being able to do pretty much everything in any spec and that's what makes them fun. Why were other classes denied this? Why can't I raise dead as frost/blood? Am I a death knight or a frost/blood warrior?

This isnt true sure we can throw a couple hots them oom for hours and tank for 2 secs then splat if a boomer main spec hardly doing everything.
But i do agree with your points.
22/08/2017 13:00Posted by Rumd
Remove artifact weapon....
I miss to get new weapons.

Hope they stop Titanforging proc'ing past +10 from the base ilvl... can you imagine getting a weapon proc'ing so high in the next expansion if they carried this crap over...? Would cause a great deal of disparity...
22/08/2017 12:55Posted by Alesantha

Class rebalancing and reworking has never made lore sense and that has never being a concern for Blizzard.

I'm aware, but it's never been as bad if we get to keep everything from the artifacts
It will be interesting to see what they will do for 8.0

With artifacts going away (or stop working or whatever they have planned), so does all the traits. I wonder if they will just integrate all the traits (apart from concordance) into each spec.
22/08/2017 12:56Posted by Harlee

One can only dream...

We do!

But old Mind Sear was easier to use. At least in my opinion.
22/08/2017 12:56Posted by Kretias

Why not both? Some stuff that is class fantasy (i agree on your army of the dead part. Didnt even know you cant summon it outside unholy or something. I dont play DK tho) aswell as having stuff that is spec fantasy.
for stuff like army all specs should have it but for blood would taunt and deal lot lower dmg , for unholy it would be strongest with debuffs they aplly now or just harder htting in general, and frost hit weaker but maybe apply a small slow or something. That would be best imo all specs still feel like a dk but with small changes to army depending on spec, but UH should have best army as that spec is the master of raising the dead not blood/frost.
22/08/2017 14:48Posted by Minan
22/08/2017 12:56Posted by Harlee

One can only dream...

We do!

But old Mind Sear was easier to use. At least in my opinion.

I loathe the passive Mind Sear, so often I get stuck in combat because it hits something else... in particular players of opposing faction during invasions. >:/
My wish list is pretty short: Ice / Frost Armour. I miss the sound of putting it on (and the damage reduction and slow, but mostly the sound)

22/08/2017 14:05Posted by Biblethump
I'm aware, but it's never been as bad if we get to keep everything from the artifacts

True, but I reckon we won't be getting everything. I'd sooner expect we get less. As a Frost Mage I reckon the increased Flurry proc chance will be base-line. Instant Blizzard might be base-line, same for Ice Barrier absorb increase. Maybe, if we are lucky, we'll get one of the Icy Veins traits and that'll be about it.

Obviously that's my speculation, but don't see the rest making sense.
I don´t think devs have learned anything as usual. Will be another hollow pruned class system.