Petty... likes? Opposite of pet peeves..

Argent Dawn
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
I guess what I like is to hear appreciation that some of my characters I use for Roleplay are enjoyable and a "Breath of Fresh Air" regarding some of their quirks. Like a tribal Troll Nudist I had for an event, there were people who were fascinated by him and his eccentric frog-throwing nature. Or a Blood Knight who is so dedicated to the Light, he will stand outside an Alliance town and scream about the Light and how he is there to share it's word.
24/08/2017 20:11Posted by Crowton
Giving the thread a *BUMP*, since we need more positivity.

I personally love when you can find potential interactions via what actually works IRL. For example, my character entered a tavern, ordered a drink, asked for some rumours and was told of a necromancer in the area. Then a local gnome patron also told that a man called Farstas was already seeking out the ex-Scourge member.
And so started a chain of events. It's almost like a mini-campaign, but which started literally out of "Oi, what's on the tab?"

Though this guy tends to wear casual attire when out and about, I've actually taken to using his Kirin Tor robes when RPing randomly in SW and the like. It's caused quite a few interactions ranging from "Huh, a worgen of the kirin Tor? Interesting." to "Oh hey, a mage! Can you help me with <thing>?". Engaging RP spawned from character details is also very nice to see. Whether it's people taking note of said Kirin Tor robes or if I ask if someone made that sword or shield themselves, all to spur on either a lengthy conversation or a new IC friendship.
23/08/2017 17:25Posted by Acrona
When you make an epic typo that you didn't even realize until pointed out, and it works perfectly with the rest of the sentence, making you (and probably your company) titter uncontrollably for 10 minutes afterwards

http://i.imgur.com/Bp0Cfi5.jpg

- DM Acrona 2017

(It was meant to be a disc)

Sure it was, Acrona. We all saw through your lies.
I have already fallen in love this thread..
Just look at all of the upvotes everywhere!
Threads like this is what gives me the sense of trust in AD. I can finally Believe that this realm is not just full of dickheads like myself!
When Shan'do notices you.
when people work together and enjoy themselves in random battlegrounds :)
when u order 12 piece boneless and boss man gives u 13
Saw a couple with epic IC banter the other day. Think old married couple, only in a positive sense rather than arguing.
When a cute girl likes you whistling at her.
I love a good chatty person IC, banter in general, being able to have a small and fun insult-war, and so forth.

That never fails to amuse me.
To hear compliment about your success in presenting and holding up a consistent character.
Always makes one feel like you have actually done good.
[The original post was too long and was really low quality. And I am a too lazy !@# to re-write. I couldn't delete it, so was forced to do this.]
Cute characters. Not half-arsed attempts at cuteness like stammering, but genuine adorkable cuteness like a geeky bookworm mage, or a warrior that secretly has a love for baking cakes.

Give me Mei in WoW and I'll be happy!
Characters who are homophobic and are vocal about it.
What? I have so far met ONE that was homophobic... racist ones are everywhere, but... how come every single other char goes "whatever" on that?

other thing I like are people out in the world who when they see some RP going, they go out of their way and stop leveling/farming/whatever else and go in character, maybe to join, maybe to see what's up.
This is so damn rare but still is so damn amazing to see.
When you are on an Alt to pick up post and check your AH sales and you overhear your characters name being mentioned in a conversation in the inn.

You then pop inside to find two separate groups of players that you have met & Rp'ed with on two separate occasions both in conversation with one another talking about how nice your character is and sharing stories of how they enjoyed meeting you.

This put a massive smile on my face :)
25/08/2017 23:44Posted by Ásanea

What.
26/08/2017 00:13Posted by Lionel

What.

Might be weird, but... there is such acceptance of homosexual pairs, it brings a smile on my face when I see someone actually RPing a char that is homophobic towards my characters.
What? I have so far met ONE that was homophobic... racist ones are everywhere, but... how come every single other char goes "whatever" on that?

I mirror this, but I want some more dang racism. Not generic "Oh my race is better" or "your is worse blah blah" But specific rage/grief/loss/anger fuelled racism. I myself play a forest troll, and the grand majority if Blood/High Elves I meet don't bat an eye. The rare times an Elf mentions it..och, wonderful.
I've stuck on this server for a while and met a lot of people who are long since forgotten/gone, but every now and then there's a distant /cheer or /wave sent my way by some friends/fans I don't usually talk to, but they never know how much I appreciate that they recognize me.

unless they /love or /kiss me, i'm not having any of that sinful garbage
When I can hate on halfbreeds in public, and the group of snobby beauraucrats gang up on the halfbreed with me. It makes me smile a lot to tut condescendingly at half elves.