Most floor effects dont show up at all (mac osx)

Technical Support
For me the game is entirely unplayable. And I just bought a new MacBook. After the reboot previous Wednesday it became worse: the freezes are so frequent I have to force-quit the game. Im not even bothering logging in anymore. Also it auto-scales my computers display. Ive also made a post. Tried to open a ticket, but tbh they seem to do just about anything to make ticketing impossible. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't help much either. The thing thats really frustrating is that there is no real expression of concern from the developers.
Bump
wouldn't mind an update on this issue as it's clearly hindering a large number of players.

I know myself and a bunch of others are considering to unsubscribe until the problem is fixed so we can enjoy the game that we pay to play.
you know whats funny? They refuse to say that its a game problem and keep telling me thats its my sistem problem
10/09/2017 09:35Posted by Knowludge
wouldn't mind an update on this issue as it's clearly hindering a large number of players.

I know myself and a bunch of others are considering to unsubscribe until the problem is fixed so we can enjoy the game that we pay to play.
I already did. The game is unplayable
I hav try every thing but still the same issue plz fix et
can''t be true that I shall buy a new pc recurs you can't fix your ovn game
10/09/2017 10:45Posted by Netducktor

If Apple end up deciding OpenGL has to die you might need to buy a new Mac or switch to Windows through Bootcamp in the near future, Apple have shown little interest in the past to keep old software going forever and destroyed compatibility with old things. I have some Apple stuff myself, just not a computer I'd use for games for that very reason :/
Not saying it'll be *now*, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they have to ditch OpenGL for the next expansion.
10/09/2017 11:38Posted by Nyshae
10/09/2017 10:45Posted by Netducktor

If Apple end up deciding OpenGL has to die you might need to buy a new Mac or switch to Windows through Bootcamp in the near future, Apple have shown little interest in the past to keep old software going forever and destroyed compatibility with old things. I have some Apple stuff myself, just not a computer I'd use for games for that very reason :/
Not saying it'll be *now*, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they have to ditch OpenGL for the next expansion.

How can we be told to buy a new computer or switch to Windows by Blizzard when they have been supporting Mac for all these years, say they support Mac on their product, and not give any note in advance that -in the future- players have to change some of there soft or hardware? What you're saying is just totally beside the point here. It's clear theres a problem with the patch due to the changes Blizzard has made. The last thing they want is for all the Mac players to just give up there subscriptions I might hope. This thread is here because people have been playing wow perfectly, and the next day they log in and its unplayable, without there being any real expression of concern from the developers, except for the fact that they're aware, and they're "looking into it".
Ive found that my system only freezes in some area's (mainly the ones related to Legion). Ive been leveling an alt these past few days and lower-lvl instances work fine compared to a few days ago, when even Deadmines was impossible. But my main is completely stuck on Argus.
10/09/2017 12:44Posted by Guzman
How can we be told to buy a new computer or switch to Windows by Blizzard when they have been supporting Mac for all these years, say they support Mac on their product, and not give any note in advance that -in the future- players have to change some of there soft or hardware?

Not sure what you mean, Blizzard haven't said anything about buying a new computer or switching to Windows. All Blizzard have said is that they're looking into the OpenGL rendering issues... Someone made a comment and I expressed an opinion about what might happen in the future, not now. OpenGL is a dying API which Apple have no desire to support and that matters for developers making Mac software, that's about all I meant. Edit: in case there's some confusion, I'm a player, I don't speak for Blizzard.
How can we be told to buy a new computer or switch to Windows by Blizzard when they have been supporting Mac for all these years, say they support Mac on their product, and not give any note in advance that -in the future- players have to change some of there soft or hardware? What you're saying is just totally beside the point here. It's clear theres a problem with the patch due to the changes Blizzard has made. The last thing they want is for all the Mac players to just give up there subscriptions I might hope. This thread is here because people have been playing wow perfectly, and the next day they log in and its unplayable, without there being any real expression of concern from the developers, except for the fact that they're aware, and they're "looking into it".

They do still support OSX, just not OpenGL *until* the bug gets fixed. I play on a mid-2011 iMac and this has also hit me hard. I have to go to my girlfriends house just to raid with my new guild. I have been reassured in tickets that they *are* working on fixing it. The issue is not with Blizzard, but on people unwilling to upgrade after 6 years. I am one of those people because I amm a lazy layabout with no money. OpenGL has NOT been actively updated for quite some time and is massively outdated, BUT it should not be made obsolete mid-expansion. Maybe next expansion OpenGL will no longer be supported.
Bumping for the Mac community!
This was posted on the US forums 8 hours ago:

Just as an update, we have found a fix for invisible ground effects with OpenGL and should get a hotfix released soon, assuming internal testing goes well.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758687941?page=2#post-32
Do not be optimistic just yet, they seem to have fixed one thing an other shows up.

https://imgur.com/gPjHZAs
This is what i get now, plz keep working on fixing the problem guys ;)
12/09/2017 08:42Posted by Daazza
Do not be optimistic just yet, they seem to have fixed one thing an other shows up.

https://imgur.com/gPjHZAs
This is what i get now, plz keep working on fixing the problem guys ;)

They haven't patched yet though, have they? At least the wording of the blue post doesn't make it sound like they have done so yet. The black untextured shapes were already being reported since the patch came out so that at least isn't new.
Edit: ah, saw another post where some people said it's fixed from around two hours ago but not sure if the patch is also out on EU already, for hotfixes they tend to release them around the same time. It's weird though because people say they have the textures fixed as well, you might want to add to your reply on the US forums (@Daazza I mean, saw you posted over there) your computer's specs and whether you're running fullscreen or windowed, etc.
As of today12/9 around 13.00 hrs server time I went in to ToS HC to see if the bug still
persisted and I'm happy to announce that all the ground effects I had problems with is now clearly visible. Kudos to Blizzard who took their time to fix this issue.
Same here, tested in LFR Mistress, everything was back to normal again. Going HC 2night.

Glad to see it fixed. Installing Windows with/without bootcamp on iMac (mid 2011) is a pain in the ....
12/09/2017 07:18Posted by Qulmi
This was posted on the US forums 8 hours ago:

Just as an update, we have found a fix for invisible ground effects with OpenGL and should get a hotfix released soon, assuming internal testing goes well.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758687941?page=2#post-32

So what about players running Windows with the exact same issues ? which is definitely something to do with DirectX
10/09/2017 16:29Posted by Pirated

They do still support OSX, just not OpenGL *until* the bug gets fixed. I play on a mid-2011 iMac and this has also hit me hard. I have to go to my girlfriends house just to raid with my new guild. I have been reassured in tickets that they *are* working on fixing it. The issue is not with Blizzard, but on people unwilling to upgrade after 6 years. I am one of those people because I amm a lazy layabout with no money. OpenGL has NOT been actively updated for quite some time and is massively outdated, BUT it should not be made obsolete mid-expansion. Maybe next expansion OpenGL will no longer be supported.

Erm no, I play on a new Mac. Unplayable... relax-zone has become JIEFJPjpq<fjpiP%IJF%PIQSF ùpQEF%PHIQ Sh-zone.
did they solve it? cause NOW (after the last mini update 2-3 days ago)it is happening to me.

btw, i'm a pc user, i'll try to switch between dx9 and 11, see if it changes something.