Spec Tuning Coming 13 September

Class Development
1 2 3 5 Next
With maintenance this week, we’re going to make several spec damage tuning adjustments. Given the nature of the class changes we made in 7.3, we’ve not needed tuning adjustments through the first two weeks of the patch. However, one change that is coming this week is a bonus to the item level of your Artifact weapon when you activate the Netherlight Crucible. That bonus has a varying effect on certain specs, because not all specs’ abilities scale the same with the DPS of their equipped weapon. This is something that we’d like to address in the future, but for now, we can deal with it via tuning.

Furthermore, there are a few specs that we’d like to outright buff.

We’ll implement the following damage increases to account for the Netherlight Crucible:

Death Knight - Frost +4%
Demon Hunter - Havoc +3%
Druid - Feral +2%
Hunter – Beast Mastery +6%
Hunter - Survival +5%
Monk - Windwalker +9%
Rogue - Assassination +5%
Rogue - Outlaw +6%
Rogue - Subtlety +1.5%
Shaman - Enhancement +3%

And as always, we’ll continue to keep a close eye on performance going forward.
Please don't let this go live in PvP
Why must we wait an entire expansion to get new class designs and Balance..
Its just Terrible..

What do the staff actually do, you basically have an unlimited Budged from your customers, The Amount of Profit made from Legion alone is enough to turn other Mmorpgs into new games Entirely.

yet we get this from you.
less focus on fancy Cut Scenes and more on actual Class Mechanics/Balance.

Nostalgia is whats holding your Customers together.
last i checked this wasent the "Class Tuning" section hows about you actualy develop somthing instead of making these pointless % tweaks.
Why are all rogue specs getting an increase? o.O
Please counter this out in pvp, you have the templates now, there is no excuse, netherlight crucible won't have any effect on any other classes in pvp due to its talents being disabled in arena so you are basically giving all casters another middle finger if there isnt any counterbalancing at this point...
Congrat guys u made this game a completely garbage :D
Still waiting for Blizzard to address shadow priest AOE. It's been buggy, disfunctioning and useless since Legion came out and the priest forums have a thread on it every week.

Guess frost DKs complaining that they have to use Icy Talons to deal more damage than Unholy is more important.
so 10 specs, not 2 or 3, have scaling problems...this say much about the development team in charge imo
Demon Hunter - Havoc +3% really?

just leaving you guys at blizzard this: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13

feel free to check how havoc top players are doing against other classes boss by boss.

It is very disheartening to see.
Why are some classes top tiers regardless of boss whereas some classes are never top tier in all bosses?
Why is it that you buff classes that are already top tier?
Why is it that there is so few interactions with the dev regarding what is wrong with classes?
why are you not discussing with players the changes coming to 7.3.5?
why are you not doing the core changes you promised two patches ago to havoc?
why are you giving us tier sets that force certain gameplay and make certain talent forced into us otherwise we loose dps?
why why why?
These buffs feel a bit inconsistent. I get why Boomies and MMs don't get any buffs but why then buff Sub by 1,5%? They are pretty much owning the meters right now both ST and AoE. Also Ret not getting anything at all and nothing for Fire Mage ST feels out of place.
09/09/2017 02:32Posted by Kaivax
With maintenance this week, we’re going to make several spec damage tuning adjustments. Given the nature of the class changes we made in 7.3, we’ve not needed tuning adjustments through the first two weeks of the patch. However, one change that is coming this week is a bonus to the item level of your Artifact weapon when you activate the Netherlight Crucible. That bonus has a varying effect on certain specs, because not all specs’ abilities scale the same with the DPS of their equipped weapon. This is something that we’d like to address in the future, but for now, we can deal with it via tuning.

We’ll implement the following damage increases to account for the Netherlight Crucible:

Death Knight - Frost +4%
Demon Hunter - Havoc +3%
Druid - Feral +2%
Hunter - Survival +5%
Monk - Windwalker +9%
Rogue - Outlaw +6%
Rogue - Subtlety +1.5%
Shaman - Enhancement +3%

You're buffing the most dominating melee spec in the game?
Do you even play your own game?
Do you have any testers at all?

I mean, clearly not but it's still really stupid.
As i saw monk, i was pretty happy.

then i saw sub rogue as well. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#boss=2038
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#boss=2051
lel

and i saw demon hunter havoc ...

my thoughts went to: cant u just once buff monk without adjusting again speccs that are way ahead of a monk?

both dh-h and r-s are way ahead in ST dps and still get buffs?! cmon thats a joke right?
i mean... the 9% is a good beginning which in the end is again no wdps scaling so with the NC we suck again balls behind all the other classes, but well...

9% is a good beginning.
09/09/2017 02:32Posted by Kaivax

Death Knight - Frost +4%
Demon Hunter - Havoc +3%
Druid - Feral +2%
Hunter - Survival +5%
Monk - Windwalker +9%
Rogue - Outlaw +6%
Rogue - Subtlety +1.5%
Shaman - Enhancement +3%

Can we get instant counter tuning with PvP templates? Otherwise it will be another broken hotfix.
i personally think that ww dont need a dmg boost just a solid solution to their scaling issue, as for rogues and especially ferals idk what you were thnking blizard but i suppose there has to be some logic behind it...right?
Druid - Feral +2%
Rogue - Subtlety +1.5%

Can someone please explain the logic behind these changes? Sublety rogue is one of the top dps at the moment.

I think Arms Warrior and Unholy DK both need a 5% buff, too. In that case these other filthy classes don't even get the idea to try.
Been playing this game non stop , no lapse in subscription since vanilla. so exactly 12 years 9 months and 17 days.

Discussions and communication with the dev has seen better days. I think you guys are always open to continuous improvement since you are an Agile company from what I have heard. The communication has in my opinion been not going well for a number of years.

I believe you ought to try something else. Blogs and videos where you receive and answer easy questions is not good enough and are too rare. Pve high end is going directions I havepersonally started to dislike since wotlk, RNG, titanforge and general "diabloisation" of wow is something I am dreading.

Splitting pve and pvp template has alleviated issues with class balance but raw output and dps disparities in various situations is still an issue, proof to that is available in warcraftlogs. Even if we take into account that top players tend to gravitate towards the best classes and squizz the maximum, the numbers are still significant enough to be considered.

Class utility is still an issue that is more glaringly obvious when you designed too many encounters with "soak" mecanics. For the latter I am surprised no one noticed until too late that you went overboard with this in Tomb of Sargeras. Looking back at dps again, fights are easily broken down in a few categories:

- single target dps
- one target and few adds with lots of HP
- 1 target and few trivial adds.
- 2 or 3 main targets
- 1 target and trivial adds that need to be burst down

Looking at dps classes, there are classes that are tooled to deal with all of this and (emphasis with and) be the best at it. Unfortunately you have classes that are not top in any of this, they do ok, but never on top. Why? Why would you design a class that can be excellent at everything with the right legendary+talents and some that do not find a single niche?

I know that this is very hard to balance but I think starting by categorising classes and where they should be best at and then reworking talents (nerfs and buffs) should be an aim for the next xpac. Utilities for all classes need to come back and please stop with the ability pruning. Wow cannot become a console game with 5 buttons.
09/09/2017 13:41Posted by Shinfisti
As i saw monk, i was pretty happy.

then i saw sub rogue as well. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#boss=2038
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#boss=2051
lel

and i saw demon hunter havoc ...

my thoughts went to: cant u just once buff monk without adjusting again speccs that are way ahead of a monk?

both dh-h and r-s are way ahead in ST dps and still get buffs?! cmon thats a joke right?
i mean... the 9% is a good beginning which in the end is again no wdps scaling so with the NC we suck again balls behind all the other classes, but well...

9% is a good beginning.

This makes me laugh, you link 2 logs to prove that WW deserves buffs over rogues crying, yet WW is ahead of all rogue specs in BOTH your logs lol, cute kids will be cute kids.
09/09/2017 17:07Posted by Mórphang
Druid - Feral +2%
Rogue - Subtlety +1.5%

Can someone please explain the logic behind these changes? Sublety rogue is one of the top dps at the moment.

I think Arms Warrior and Unholy DK both need a 5% buff, too. In that case these other filthy classes don't even get the idea to try.

This is cute too, Arms war is one of the top dps specs? how do they need a 5% buff? 5%!? lol, you must not enter mythic often, so I can see how being in LFR you might think these....very unintelligent things
09/09/2017 17:44Posted by Flayed
I know that this is very hard to balance

its really not, just make the classes equal but unique, its not rocket science.