Wraith walk

Death Knight
Hi guys, I tried to post this before but it didn't get posted...:/

As we have such poor mobility and it really shows on certain terrain, such as in Arathi Basin where some can slow fall, take reduced damage and/or heal falling damage after the fact. We're stuck taking the slow path as per usual. It seems that Wraith Walk phasing us into the Shadowlands would be enough to mitigate fall damage as well as increase speed. It's a 45 second CD on-use ability that could help us in this situation.

Just a thought.

Aero
At least at 7.3 we do not get stuck on tiniest pebbles now...

But yeah, death knights mobility is crippled.
If you want you can buy goblin gliders. They're a GREAT and AMAZING tool for Bgs :)!
I use them, even as a feral druid. Especially in Arath Basin.
Totally agree on getting Goblin Gliders. So much help! ^^

What I would like to see is Wraithwalk actually transform us into a proper ghost/wraith. Allow us to pass through terrain. Fences, trees, any wall that is thin enough to let us pass through over the duration.

That'd be fun!
13/09/2017 01:10Posted by Hyneken

What I would like to see is Wraithwalk actually transform us into a proper ghost/wraith. Allow us to pass through terrain. Fences, trees, any wall that is thin enough to let us pass through over the duration.

[/quote]

As much as it sounds great it will propably never happen xD
13/09/2017 09:41Posted by Blackchain
13/09/2017 01:10Posted by Hyneken

As much as it sounds great it will propably never happen xD

As a programmer I can safely say they won't bother doing this.
There is too much issue with player's control of this.
Player could easily Wraith Walk and then Wraith Walk could stop while player would be still in the wall / fence / any solid object and he'd be stuck.

Solving this issue is very uneasy and since it didn't come when ability was introduced, I don't expect it to come later.

However I must say it's very interesting idea, I'd love to see that.
I also like (if I'm not mistaken) that you can Wraith Walk while dead.
I dunno if others see you as Wraith if you're dead and use Wraith Walk, but it would be nice (like the simple haunting in movies etc. you don't appear, then you Wraith Walk, players see you WWalking and then it falls off).
Just remove that pathetic Leoric ability and give us something that actually fits DK class fantasy.
13/09/2017 13:17Posted by Uruk
Just remove that pathetic Leoric ability and give us something that actually fits DK class fantasy.

i still dont understand what was so bad about the old death advance :(
13/09/2017 13:31Posted by Necrofenix
13/09/2017 13:17Posted by Uruk

I think they basically agreed with the playbase that it was boring, so WW is eassentially a cosmetic upgrade.
17/09/2017 21:21Posted by Aeronwen
13/09/2017 13:31Posted by Necrofenix

I think they basically agreed with the playbase that it was boring, so WW is eassentially a cosmetic upgrade.

I fail to see how it is an upgrade in any possible way...
Litterally every class except DK has some form of fall damage mitigation.

Why can't out Wraith Walk act as a slow fall for it's duration... I mean it visually levitates us.
Im maining DK this expansion, and ive mained it in wod s3, i really dont understand what the fuss is, DK arent supposed to be mobile, they are supposed to do all they can in theyr power to stop the enemy from ESCAPING them, and doing hard dps when they connect.

the things that i feel is the problem wtih DK is the CC and tools in general
they shud be able to pick a intial stun /silence, have purge and Clay to get out stealthers/stop drinks/ and soul reaper for that finisher and predictions.
I'd like to see DK to be less agile than Rogue or Feral, but have its own mobility in form of being harder to slow down (Death's Advance, passive ... cannot be slowed under 70 / 80%)

It would be different kind of mobility, yet not too good, yet it would fit for slow walking Juggernaut as his stamina makes him less suspectible.

Design wise
Heyo, wanna loose my own opinion here, not that it matters much.

The big problem with being "slow as !@#$" in pve is dps.
You either stay on the boss and ignore a mechanic, or you run away and loose some deeps.
many people do not want that, so making dks stronger in terms of dps can work here, til they cheese the mechanic and dks end up "overpowered"
(exept those mechanics kill you right away even with ams/other cds)
hense bad to balance.

Now if you look at pvp, it does not matter if the dk does more dps.
Survivability is what decides arenagames, and if a dk would take simply less dmg per yard between him and the casting enemy, that could make for some interesting mechanics. (ofc all casters would hate it, but hey we can not reach you either.)

so maybe a pvp talent that decreases dmg taken by distance to the target would be interesting for Deathknights as we slowpokes do not want to be at distance anyway. (exept you run clawing shadows for pvp, the talent needs a limiter with that. it would be too strong otherwise)

TLDR; I have no problems with being slow, if i get compensated
So basically you want fdks to have amazing mobility, deal high dps, slow 70% 24/7, be immune to any magic spell for 8 secs, the list goes on and on?

No thanks. We don't need a class that's more ridiculous than dhs.

Oh wait-

~
01/10/2017 20:38Posted by Orcbaiter
So basically you want fdks to have amazing mobility, deal high dps, slow 70% 24/7, be immune to any magic spell for 8 secs, the list goes on and on?

Oh wait-

~

Ur right, we want to be like you mr mage.
We want that amazing ability, shimmer.
that high dps ebonbolt and ice lance, ranged and high dmg.
and immune to magic/melee dmg with ur iceblock which can also heal, right.

lets talk about that indeed.
04/10/2017 14:57Posted by Olyn
01/10/2017 20:38Posted by Orcbaiter

Oh wait-

~

Ur right, we want to be like you mr mage.
We want that amazing ability, shimmer.
that high dps ebonbolt and ice lance, ranged and high dmg.
and immune to magic/melee dmg with ur iceblock which can also heal, right.

lets talk about that indeed.

Where to start.

Ah right.

Antimagic shell, then death grip, keep the frost mage in place with that tendril attack and then go 1,2,3.

Now, was that so hard?
Funny how ppl complain about fDK being nerfed, being slow. Dk is supposed to be slow, to do massive damage and keep you close to him. Dk is already dead, fearless, they dont need to jump around. Lore wise they do not need mobility. If you as a player however can't deal with that, use gliders. Dk's are still fun and strong. 3 buttons? Hell yea, but even so i saw lots of ppl not knowing how to push those 3 buttons, and then complaining on forums. I play frost dk since wotlk release. It had its ups and downs, but i managed every time. I guess it's a matter of perspective. From mine..when i play my dk i feel like a dk character, hence i dont need no jumps and rushes and stuff. (Ww is a lame spell for a dk lore wise)
Negativity warning:
if you're having a happy sunshine day, don't read the text below.

I'm pretty tired reading "class fantasy" everywhere.
But since blizz and everyone who licks icecream love "class fantasy" so much,
I would like to share my own ideas on mobility and how it doesn't have to contradict with all of your class fantasy religion rules.

-Teleport to nearest corpse. (or emerge from the nearest corpse traveling quickly through shadow realm) Name it how you want, but it makes sense for DK be able to teleport between corpses - not to forget, shadow realm was a thing in DK tutorial. More death, more unholy power. Of course you can knock this off with your faithful anti-mobility logic. That's one idea, you take it or you leave it.

-For each enemy you bring to death, your movement speed increases by 5% and lasts... say, 5-10 seconds. Stacks 5 times. This might solve the PvE/PvP contradiction. Delivering a killing blow to a player within 5-10 secs can't be a cakewalk unless they've been brought to low health by other people. Other people are so fast they drift around the map singing "initial d, dejavu", and DK can't possibly keep up, because he/she is the last one running far behind, staring at paladin's butt. I think this idea also makes sense considering your godforsaken class fantasy.

This is all I can come up with for now. Dev's won't read this, god won't read this, sargeras won't read this, nobody will read this but this text is right here, just in case. Another useless wall of text, another waste of my feelings...