Please give flying on Argus!

General
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
19/09/2017 10:22Posted by Vassandra
Still doesnt answer the goblin gliders flying about .

No one is saying flying isn't POSSIBLE. They just deactivated it.
19/09/2017 10:08Posted by Ofensor
spamming
This thread is not for spamming. It is for constructive exchange of arguments.
Starting the thread I did not expect any attention at all.
But evidently this is a vivid topic and a way needed for people to speak up and be heared out.

I'd be very thankful if someone explains why exactly people who don't like flying mounts still use them? If you want the game to be harder, you can make harder for yourself.
19/09/2017 10:23Posted by Ofensor
19/09/2017 10:22Posted by Vassandra
Still doesnt answer the goblin gliders flying about .

No one is saying flying isn't POSSIBLE. They just deactivated it.

Wrong if you read my post the guy said flying was impossiable i just proved him wrong.
Funny how many of the anti flyers dont have pathfinder and call the flyers lazy ironic much.
DORMAMMU I'VE COME TO BARGAIN

Seriously, flying would make no sense.

you're in the most hostile airspace ever on the most hostile planet in the known universe..you shouldnt be leisurely flying around on your pretty dragon.
Actually getting pathfinder took some time and effort.
Can we please have pathfinder of Argus, so "lazy" people can decide if they want to invest a few days in grinding, or do nothing and stick to their ground mounts?
And I want immortality, mailed BiS legendary, a spell that bring my character on top dps any time, a spell that heal up the raid...
I wanna be the Lich Queen!
19/09/2017 09:02Posted by Vautrin
My answer is - great! Let them enjoy it! Is there anyone to stop them from just NOT using their flying mounts?

This has already been discussed to death, but it has to do with evening the playing field so that everyone is on the same platform.

Like Uvi mentioned, it is in human nature to always choose the path of least resistance and to be able to "compete on the same level" (in lack of a better term) people against flying will have to take to the skies as well.

Personally, I don't mind either way. I usually take the game for what it is. Sure, not being able to fly is a slight inconvenience compared to soar above every mob and obstacle, but seeing as it is the same for everyone, I don't really mind.
19/09/2017 10:37Posted by Clarencia
I wanna be the Lich Queen!

Go propose to Bolvar then.
19/09/2017 10:36Posted by Kraivanah
And I want immortality, mailed BiS legendary, a spell that bring my character on top dps any time, a spell that heal up the raid...
No, I only want to skip useless mobs and finish a few daily quests faster to save some time on the boring part and dedicate that time to meaningful rewarding content. Moreover I'm ready to put much effort in gettng flying.
19/09/2017 10:06Posted by Punyelf
Leather barding is my friend in the new zones. No longer does every other mob daze or dismount you and you can run through like any other forced grounded zone. Made it a lot more bearable for me :)

I simply traverse Argus on protection spec, like I did before in all legion zones. Mobs cannot daze you while you are in tank spec.
19/09/2017 09:16Posted by Holystephan
19/09/2017 09:12Posted by Orcjävel
Zone wasn't designed for flying and therefore flying will never happen.

Deal with it.

completly lazy .

Comming from someone who is pro flying.
Irony.

They designed zones in WOTLK with flying in mind and they were the best zones ever IN MY OPINION

Fixed
-- Some people enjoy not having flying. --

You have misunderstood what Blizzard meant. I'm fairly sure what they mean is that it ruins part of the MMO-experience. You go from seeing all of these other PLAYERS in the world to flying above the clouds, alone, which is huge. Flying in Argus can't be compared to bicycles and cars, hence they're on the same level, just one slower than the other. A more accurate representation would be airplanes/helicopters compared to walking/cycling.

Personally I enjoy seeing other players in the world. One of the worst additions to the game was flying.
19/09/2017 10:28Posted by Vautrin
This thread is not for spamming.

Nope! But creating two or three or more of the same, is.
My answer is - great! Let them enjoy it! Is there anyone to stop them from just NOT using their flying mounts?
Because it doesn't work like this... When everyone is using flying (which they will if they make it happen) you'll feel left out and at a disadvantage if you don't, plain and simple. You drag everybody down in the mud with your flying by insisting on having it everywhere.

Personally, I don't want it because the world feels barren and worse yet, meaningless. Flip it around and what will it look like then? Well, you actually have to (god forbid) play the game! Not skip over it with what is essentially a cheat code for skipping content and glide right through all challenges in the open world.

I know and understand that some people just cheat because that's how they enjoy games, but don't force it to be the norm, please.
19/09/2017 09:16Posted by Holystephan
They designed zones in WOTLK with flying in mind and they were the best zones ever why can't they do it now?

Actually I'm currently playing WotLK for the loremaster achievement and strangely I find the quest design somewhat irritating. I cannot just take all quests in the hub, do them and be done with that hub - I have to move between two points multiple times. I've got the feeling they were designed that way because of flying.

Yes, everyone else will be using their flying mounts.

Basically at the end of the day, stop crying like a baby and suck it up.
Argus is not designed for flying; it's another Timeless isle.

Many of the 2D backgrounds are also not designed for flying, making it another proof that the zones are not designed for flying.
19/09/2017 10:22Posted by Ofensor
19/09/2017 10:19Posted by Punyelf
Like people on ground mounts wait?!!? I don't see how this is relevant.

In the context of "if you don't want to use a flyer then DON'T. EOD!". Flying puts you on another playing field. You get around a lot faster.

If I use my ground mount and a rare spawns and all the young dudes flock there instantly on their flyers then it's dead before my magical chicken even clucks once.

And you just wait for it to respawn or server hop, just like you do if you're running over and can't make it.
flying ruins part of the MMO-experience
The MMO means multiplayer. When you play with your friends and comrades together.

Outdoor content is overrated.
You walk alone there, do your quests and rarely interact with or even see others. It is less than 1% of all quests that have "group suggested [3]" affix.

Encounters - is where MMO shines.
A fresh example is mythic Maiden in ToS, where everyone needs to work as a team and share the same amount of responsibility.
And flying does not affect 5ppl, raids, arenas, bgs - all that interesting content where you actually play with others.

Flying could kill MMO experience in Vanilla, but now the focus has shifted so much from outdoor to instances, that flying is just a way of saving time.
Because once again if you don't use LFG addon for quests, you're all alone there 90% of time.

19/09/2017 10:49Posted by Hao
all challenges in the open world
Open world has no real challenges. Doing +20 keystone can be challenging, wasting 20 minutes killing mobs outdoor is just boring.