Please give flying on Argus!

General
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
I like how Argus is full of people on the ground killing things. It feels like we are invading it. I like how sometimes people save each other from danger. I like how the world feels full now. I don't care that it takes 30 extra seconds to do a WQ.

I hope blizzard never implements flying again in the new expansions.
19/09/2017 11:05Posted by Punyelf
And you just wait for it to respawn or server hop, just like you do if you're running over and can't make it.

And you can just learn to traverse Argus without flying over everything. See why we're not getting anywhere? End of the day, it's Blizzard's call and they've made it abundantly clear that Argus is a ground hog planet.
19/09/2017 11:07Posted by Innqui
I like how Argus is full of people on the ground killing things. It feels like we are invading it. I like how sometimes people save each other from danger. I like how the world feels full now. I don't care that it takes 30 extra seconds to do a WQ.

This is almost certainly the point. Unfortunately it appears some people miss it.
19/09/2017 11:06Posted by Vautrin
Open world has no real challenges. Doing +20 keystone can be challenging, wasting 20 minutes killing mobs outdoor is just boring.

Having to traverse an area with mobs that will daze and dismount you is a challenge. Finding another way around an obstacle is a challenge. They may not be difficult challenges, but they make the intangible, tangible. Flying does the opposite. It trivializes everything. You talk about wasting time with killing mobs outdoors, but who's really wasting their time here? The person who actually enjoys going through the game and its world, or the guy who wants to cheat his way through content so it's more convenient and easy?

It's rhetorical of course, but I'm trying to tell you, maybe you should consider if you actually enjoy playing this game in the first place when you can't be bothered with the most basic elements of it.
19/09/2017 10:49Posted by Hao
19/09/2017 09:02Posted by Vautrin
My answer is - great! Let them enjoy it! Is there anyone to stop them from just NOT using their flying mounts?
Because it doesn't work like this... When everyone is using flying (which they will if they make it happen) you'll feel left out and at a disadvantage if you don't, plain and simple. You drag everybody down in the mud with your flying by insisting on having it everywhere.

Personally, I don't want it because the world feels barren and worse yet, meaningless. Flip it around and what will it look like then? Well, you actually have to (god forbid) play the game! Not skip over it with what is essentially a cheat code for skipping content and glide right through all challenges in the open world.

I know and understand that some people just cheat because that's how they enjoy games, but don't force it to be the norm, please.

Umm, legion pathfinder made you do content to unlock it ?
19/09/2017 11:31Posted by Alícé
Umm, legion pathfinder made you do content to unlock it ?
Yes so that you may skip content in turn haha. You don't see the issue with this at all? WoW is supposed to be a WORLD. Imagine if every time you did something in real life, you exhausted it permanently. You'd be done living after a decade or less.
Or just rework WoW into an Idle game?

Having flymount in an rpg enviroment makes you able to skip every content.
The game of adventure turnes into a trip into the grocery store.

"-look theres a war out there. We are doomed!
- i dont care. All i need is the head of that deamon.
- in that case, use the flying griff, and fly to isle 6, third shelf on the left"

I think in TBC flying seemed to be part of the game, because the content had flying enemies as well, and you felt defenseless in the air.

Now flying is skipping the content.
19/09/2017 11:11Posted by Ofensor
19/09/2017 11:05Posted by Punyelf
And you just wait for it to respawn or server hop, just like you do if you're running over and can't make it.

And you can just learn to traverse Argus without flying over everything. See why we're not getting anywhere? End of the day, it's Blizzard's call and they've made it abundantly clear that Argus is a ground hog planet.

I'm not saying that it should have flying. I'm saying your argument about missing rares is moot when people miss out on them all the time regardless of flying.
19/09/2017 11:30Posted by Hao
daze and dismount
http://www.wowhead.com/item=131746/stonehide-leather-barding
This "challenge" does not exist.
another way around an obstacle is a chellnge
It's an irritating waste of time.
wasting time with killing mobs outdoors
Completely unrewarding, thus it's a timewaste.

cheat
Would you please explain me why is using hard-earned ability to avoid
- unwanted
- unrewarding
- trivial
- boring
- repeating, finished hundreds times
content is called "cheating"?

WoW is supposed to be a WORLD
Expanding your considerations a bit farther leads to a conclusion that public transport is ... cheating too.
People want to -> rush through content, end up saying -> there is no content.
19/09/2017 11:44Posted by Dirgarius

ahem..farming rares and doing the same world quests over and over is...content? For me it`s already boring as hell..did the questchain with 3 characters, 2 of them revered with Argusian and almost exalted with the Army....and no thanks, I won`t do this crap with the 3rd...my subscription ends tomorrow..if i`m lucky i`ll get an exalted, maybe 2...then cya on next raid..or not...:D
This "challenge" does not exist.

A way to combat a challenge does not mean it does not exist.

It's an irritating waste of time.

In your opinion and you fail to consider the repercussion of excluding any form of obstacle.

Completely unrewarding, thus it's a timewaste

again, in your opinion. Rewards, unlike obstacles, do not have to be tangible in order for them to establish rules of a fictional world.

19/09/2017 11:42Posted by Vautrin
Would you please explain me why is using hard-earned ability to avoid
Because like I said, you skip over content. Also hard-earned? Hardly so. It's time-consuming. You spoke of challenges earlier as though they need to be difficult in order for them to be considered a challenge. Well in that case, explain to me how you could possibly consider this a challenge to obtain?

19/09/2017 11:42Posted by Vautrin
Expanding your considerations a bit farther leads to a conclusion that public transport is ... cheating too.

Except public transport, does not exempt you from communicating with others, give you safe space, trivialize chores or work etc. etc.
it's just one zone, I agree with it being a non-flying zone (like timeless isle).

Instead, what I would like, is make the non-rare trash/elites drop something useful, because as things stand now its a waste of time having to kill 3-5 packs of mobs to get to a rare.

Adding simple 1-3 argus coins per mob and adding a vendor which sells cosmetic items (mounts, trasmo stuff) for thousands of these coins would at least add a sense to the existence and eventual killing of these mobs, and would give something to the grind lovers.
19/09/2017 12:18Posted by Hao
A way to combat a challenge does not mean it does not exist.
Pay 200g at AH and forget about it forever - that means it.
obstacle
Jumping puzzles could be fun. Spires of Arak and similar locations could not.
Rewards, unlike obstacles
Okay, I spent 3 minutes killing a bunch of mobs I've already killed dozen times, got 20s worth of gray items. Will definitely want to return and do that again.
Because like I said, you skip over content
The "content" we're talking about does not have a right to be called "content". I'm skipping timesink blizz put on my way towards meaningful content where I play with my teammates.
Except public transport, does not...etc
It allows you to save time and health to be more productive at your important job in a way of trivializing all the "content" you'd have if you went to your destination by feet. How can you call the similar in-game case a "cheating"?
Argus is pretty small and there are portals everywhere.
Why do you need flying..?

My answer is - great! Let them enjoy it! Is there anyone to stop them from just NOT using their flying mounts?

This argument is dumb, but I always see it.
It's not the same thing, you don't realise that?
People love to be on the same level, equal ground.. sure, I might want to use my ground mount, but I know that it's stupid because I could be travelling at a faster speed on my flying mount. Take away flying, then I can use my ground mount and feel good about it.

If there was a button you could press that gives you BiS gear would you say that people who argue the game should be about progression should just.. not press the button while everyone else does..? I'd press that damn button, I'd hate it and complain about it, but if everyone else is then so am I.

The vast majority of the game has flying. I do not see why people get so angry over not being able to fly in the new zone, that's barely been out a month.
19/09/2017 12:40Posted by Ixenn
I might want to use my ground mount, but I know that it's stupid
Exactly! Why would anyone like to go on a slow ground mount when everyone can use flying mounts everywhere with the poor exception of just a few "special" islands? And in fact there's nothing on these islands that makes them any more special than the other world.
19/09/2017 12:40Posted by Ixenn
the game should be about progression
You're right. But progression does not happen outdoor. The outdoor "content" is to create ambience, show storyline and collect initial resources for progression. Once you've cleared it, there's no reason for you to return there, and you deserve convenience of skipping all the trash mobs by air.
19/09/2017 12:12Posted by Ezüstsólyom
19/09/2017 11:44Posted by Dirgarius

ahem..farming rares and doing the same world quests over and over is...content? For me it`s already boring as hell..did the questchain with 3 characters, 2 of them revered with Argusian and almost exalted with the Army....and no thanks, I won`t do this crap with the 3rd...my subscription ends tomorrow..if i`m lucky i`ll get an exalted, maybe 2...then cya on next raid..or not...:D

Why dont you quit this game if it so damn boring? U manage to do the questchain with 3 characters, somehow it maybe is funny after all?

And no one is forcing you to farm rares, reputation or whatever.

Let blizz remove all achievments, all questchains, all rep farming, how funny would the game be? If u dont have time to play more than 1 character, then DONT!
Saying that people who don't like flying can simply not fly while the other do is completely missing the point.

We don't want flying not because we don't like it ourselves but because (for example) it made the zones empty.

19/09/2017 11:07Posted by Innqui

This.

I want the flying gone too. Yes, I am using it, because it makes my in-game life easier. It would be pretty dumb to run through the land alone while everyone else is up in the sky.

The point is to make the world populated again by dragging everyone down from the skies. I can use my ground mount and I sometimes do (even tough I could just fly). But it's just sad because the world is empty and everyone is up there...
Hello!
This is yet another thread with "enable flying" request.
I've completed the entire Argus storyline on six characters, farmed whole lot of resources, argunite and everything, killed some hundred rares there, and I believe I did enought to finally earn flying on Argus.

Blizzard expressed their unwillingness to enable flying, and in this thread I want to answer one of their big arguments.

-- Some people enjoy not having flying. --

I mean it: some people enjoy bicycles more than cars, some prefer walking over bicycles. And they use their preferred means of travelling while there's lots of different ways, which other people prefer and use.
If there's people who enjoy walking, it doesn't mean everyone must abandon their driving licenses.

And if you think it does, then tell me how would you feel when one day you come out to the street and there's police forcing you to follow the new rules:
"Walking the pavement is prohibited, only crawling allowed", because there's few people who like to crawl? Would you feel it's fair to you and to everyone?

To sum it all up:
There's no one to force people who enjoy ground mounts, to use their flying mounts if they don't like it. But why everyone else has to suffer?

So, Blizzard, please enable flying on Argus at exalted reputations, or for 1mil gold, or at 20th keystone of Seat of Triumvirate.

Flying is a luxury not a necessity. They Choose when to give it to you whenever they feel like it, not the other way round.
This is why flying was a mistake