WoW Sub Prices are insane...

General
Prev 1 10 11 12
25/09/2018 05:04Posted by Revvon
I am no economy guy, but haven't prices mainly just increased overtime due to inflation? I mean the game has been out for 14 years.

no they increased because of corporate greed to cover up for lost sub numbers
This thread has been necroed more times than Jason.

The price went up before all these brexit shenanigans, and it was the first time for more than 10 years. I may have said that before in this thread but I'm not looking through the 11 pages to find it.

Edit: according to a website if it was inflation linked it would be £13.13, coincidentally the same number as the house the Addams family live in.
the game WAS worth the money but with all the recent updates like graphics that my pc can't handle during raids (the reason why I play) and yet another grind but this time disguised as a necklace, I won't renew that sub. I feel bad for paying the full 60 euro expack and then a few months of sub only to find out I can't do what I like to do anymore.

I hope classic will be just a one time purchase. since there is no money required for new updates n !@#$. if it's also monthly, well, back to private servers we go :)
£10 a month for a game that I get at least 60-70 hours of entertainment from is a win in my book.

If I go to the cinema I am paying more than £10 for a ticket alone for ~90 mins of entertainment, assuming the film is good.

The price is cheap for MMO, I believe SWTOR and Eve are more than £10
It’s called inflation... you really don’t know this? It’s the same as everything in the world, gas, electric, cars, food, houses, interest. Etc.

Welcome to the real world.
25/09/2018 10:51Posted by Nyrinith
£10 a month for a game that I get at least 60-70 hours of entertainment from is a win in my book.

Is BfA 'entertaining' people? To the same level as say, a good movie? I seriously doubt that, especially with BfA.
It's not like the pound £ has fallen in value... Oh wait, it has, hence the price increase to make it on-par with the rest of the EU. And you still pay ~€2 less than the rest of us, so complain more would you?

Alternately its time you learn how to make money and you can play free via tokens.
25/09/2018 11:58Posted by Completetart
25/09/2018 10:51Posted by Nyrinith

Is BfA 'entertaining' people? To the same level as say, a good movie? I seriously doubt that, especially with BfA.
It is entertaining me.. stop thinking you talk for the whole community ffs.
10$ too much? Thats basically one bear at october fest lol
I'm fine with the subscription fee, what I find ridiculous is the pricing of some of the character changes (race change, faction change, name chage), being almost if not equal to the price of a new game.

Normally I'd say 'to hell with it' and level a new character instead of paying, but leveling isn't fun for me anymore. Considering they nerfed both it and heirlooms, recruit a friend too, etc. It's just a drag if anything, the -fact- you have to level to acquire heritage sets even after grinding to exalted to unlock allied races too. Sorry I'm rambling on.

I'm fine with sub, not fine with the pricing of the services.
Eso is free and is imo as good as wow right now. I sub wow for the emissary then change to eso. The cp system there feels more rewarding then lvling 10 lvls in bfa without any talent points
22/10/2017 19:33Posted by Reflect
I've been away for a while and decided to use my returning free days pass to see if I could get back into the game... I started playing and was like meh its alright and kinda fun now and again maybe I will start paying to play this again... I currently have 18h of free time left so decided to see how much this would cost me to get 30 days of time.. to my horror its be raised to £9.99 from when I used tho play... Blizzard what have you done.. I was tempted to return but after the HUGE monthly price.. I will NOT be a returning customer..

Blizzard what are you thinking... Thousands of people leave the game so you raise the price...? Are you crazy? Alright, Sit back and ponder you mind on this... Thousands of people leave due to cata / pandas and you Raise the price per month to play that makes even more people leave... Now Just imagine for a second... what would happen if you lowered the price... lets say £5.99 per month ... I believe that to be a fair price.. but wait keep reading... Now the price has been lowered a lot and this alone will encourage thousands of people back pretty much instantly.. lets say for example you have 10,000 players currently paying £9.99 per month you then drop it to £5.99 per month and gain like another 10,000 returning customers... this would give you more profit than there is currently.. now in reality I should imagine most people that left would return due to a fair monthly price, this would give you far more profit than the increased monthly price.. How does blizzard not get this? xD

Until the price Is dropped I changed my mind about returning and will continue to play other games... Its such a shame.. blizzard needs to understand how to win the customers back and gain on a lower cost to the player base, they would make more for less...

Ever heard of a thing called Inflation, no ?