Battlenet invisibility and WoW

General
Can your friends see you as online in their WoW friends-list even if you're set to invisible on Battlenet?

And if yes: What happens when you delete someone from your friend's list in-game WoW? Will that remove them as REAL-ID too?
To the first question: Yes, you can see and be seen by people playing WoW alongside you. Seen my friend on WoW even if she marked herself invisible.

The second question I am not sure, I don't try that stuff because honestly, I value people in my friend list.
14/11/2017 23:08Posted by Sithel
And if yes: What happens when you delete someone from your friend's list in-game WoW? Will that remove them as REAL-ID too?

Removing a character friend has no effect on battletag/real ID, they are entirely different lists.
14/11/2017 23:13Posted by Tubri
To the first question: Yes, you can see and be seen by people playing WoW alongside you. Seen my friend on WoW even if she marked herself invisible.

The second question I am not sure, I don't try that stuff because honestly, I value people in my friend list.

Good to know. It's just a thing where I don't feel like playing together with anyone and would rather not disappoint them by dismissing them. I'll go online when I'm looking to play with them, but anyways...

14/11/2017 23:19Posted by Deanna

Removing a character friend has no effect on battletag/real ID, they are entirely different lists.

So would I appear offline to them if I removed them and then ignored them, or?
14/11/2017 23:29Posted by Sithel

Nope, if they have you on their friend list, they can still still you online, just not contact you.
14/11/2017 23:34Posted by Deanna
14/11/2017 23:29Posted by Sithel

Nope, if they have you on their friend list, they can still still you online, just not contact you.

Ah okay, thanks. Sooo, I'm sort of just !@#$ed then? Even if I'm on a different server?
The only thing I can do is to create a new character?
Can people see you online in WoW if you're set to invisible on battlenet?

They can see your character, if that's what you were asking. They can't see that you're online in their friend's list though.
14/11/2017 23:38Posted by Varoshgajin
Can people see you online in WoW if you're set to invisible on battlenet?

They can see your character, if that's what you were asking. They can't see that you're online in their friend's list though.

Yes, that's what I meant. So if I've set myself to invisible on Battlenet; I'll be shown as offline on my friend's friend-list too?
14/11/2017 23:41Posted by Sithel
14/11/2017 23:38Posted by Varoshgajin

Yes, that's what I meant. So if I've set myself to invisible on Battlenet; I'll be shown as offline on my friend's friend-list too?

I dont beleive so. If you reside on the same server they can just do a /who and seer if you're online.

If you want proper privacy you'll need to play offline on Battle.net and be on a secret server.
14/11/2017 23:50Posted by Someoneelse
14/11/2017 23:41Posted by Sithel

I dont beleive so. If you reside on the same server they can just do a /who and seer if you're online.

If you want proper privacy you'll need to play offline on Battle.net and be on a secret server.

Okay, thanks. And that won't be a problem; as "they" changed servers
i feel like, there is this one thing not entirelly adressed heree.

There are two kinds of friendslists:

A character friendlist, which literally is only this one characer of yours. The friendlist that exists since WoW was launched. So if you went in your FL and typed in Varileztra for example, it would put the character Varileztra from the server The Venture Co on your friendslist, if it exists.

The battlenet friendslist is direcly connected to your account, not the character. That's why it shows either your Battletag or the Real ID and the character name in brackets behind.

The main difference bettween the two, is that the character friendlist is kind of a one-way-window. You can put any character on it, without tthe other person knowing of it.

The Bnet friendlist requires acceptance of both parties and if one decides, that they don't want to be friends anymore and delete the contact, it's gone for both.
14/11/2017 23:50Posted by Someoneelse
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I can't say for sure that using /who won't reveal it, but you're definitely offline in the friend's list in-game. I forgot that I had made myself invisible on the Battle.net launcher (was just messing around) and was later on Discord with a friend and she couldn't see me as online. I'm at work right now so I can't test the /who "trick" for you but I bet someone else can.
You can still whisper someone on the desktop app even if they are showing offline. I frequently do this with one of my friends who hides from others xD.
15/11/2017 00:07Posted by Varileztra

A character friendlist, which literally is only this one characer of yours. The friendlist that exists since WoW was launched. So if you went in your FL and typed in Varileztra for example, it would put the character Varileztra from the server The Venture Co on your friendslist, if it exists.

The battlenet friendslist is direcly connected to your account, not the character. That's why it shows either your Battletag or the Real ID and the character name in brackets behind.

The main difference bettween the two, is that the character friendlist is kind of a one-way-window. You can put any character on it, without tthe other person knowing of it.

The Bnet friendlist requires acceptance of both parties and if one decides, that they don't want to be friends anymore and delete the contact, it's gone for both.

15/11/2017 00:13Posted by Varoshgajin

I can't say for sure that using /who won't reveal it, but you're definitely offline in the friend's list in-game. I forgot that I had made myself invisible on the Battle.net launcher (was just messing around) and was later on Discord with a friend and she couldn't see me as online. I'm at work right now so I can't test the /who "trick" for you but I bet someone else can.

Thank both of you. I don't think the "/who" thing is going to be a problem, they aren't that nosy.

15/11/2017 00:23Posted by Punyelf
You can still whisper someone on the desktop app even if they are showing offline. I frequently do this with one of my friends who hides from others xD.

Wait what? Lol, is there a way to find out if they are really offline or just hiding by doing this though? Or does your friend just admit it?

If they don't answer you have no way of knowing if they're truly offline or just appearing to be offline.
15/11/2017 00:35Posted by Varoshgajin

If they don't answer you have no way of knowing if they're truly offline or just appearing to be offline.

I see, alright, thanks
15/11/2017 00:33Posted by Sithel
15/11/2017 00:07Posted by Varileztra

15/11/2017 00:13Posted by Varoshgajin

Thank both of you. I don't think the "/who" thing is going to be a problem, they aren't that nosy.

Wait what? Lol, is there a way to find out if they are really offline or just hiding by doing this though? Or does your friend just admit it?

If I type to him, he usually replies. He could just ignore the messages if he didn't want to talk to me.
Those are some clingy friends if you need to hide from them.
Having said that I have never had a problem saying no to someone.
Is a fake invisible mode, totally useless....what do I care if people on other games can not see me online if I just play wow, if i play wow maybe I do not want people on wow to know that i'm in the game :P