Classic wow new models or old graphics?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 26 Next
I hope they give us the new model OPTION so both sides are satisfied. I personally would like to play with a new Tauren model.
I see no problem with adding an option that does not affect other players. If you like playing with the classic models then you play with the classic models; If you like the newer models you select the option to play with newer models.

There would only be a problem if they started changing things that affect gameplay. Or in this case if they took away the option to also play with classic models.
02/01/2018 15:14Posted by Bearatoz
I like the old character models, however the graphics overall could be same as retail right?

You mean post-cata world?[/quote]

02/01/2018 15:28Posted by Lanvemar
02/01/2018 15:14Posted by Bearatoz
I like the old character models, however the graphics overall could be same as retail right?

You mean post-cata world?

If cata introduced the new graphics, then yea.

And we should remember also that if people are allowed to use new char models, then we will see them on streams, on pictures at classic forum and !@#$. So we will see them even if you personally use old. It rwmoves the vanilla feeling IMO.
04/01/2018 14:45Posted by Bearatoz

What do you mean saying "new graphics"? Cata introduced new water(good), Cata removed weather(bad), Cata !@#$ed up classic areas at night(%^-*in bad).
Overall Cata was a god damn mistake graphics-wise. Water was ok, but destroying nights&weather is unforgivable.

So please kindly gtfo from vanilla graphics. I want pre-Cata nights, lighting, fog, rainstorms, eerie atmosphere, EVERYTHING. Won't touch Classic without classic graphics.

Want shiny visuals? Play retail.

And no to "toggle". They !@#$ed up toggeable models in retail, they'll %^-* it up in classic.
04/01/2018 16:47Posted by Spyder

What do you mean saying "new graphics"? Cata introduced new water(good), Cata removed weather(bad), Cata !@#$ed up classic areas at night(%^-*in bad).
Overall Cata was a god damn mistake graphics-wise. Water was ok, but destroying nights&weather is unforgivable.

So please kindly gtfo from vanilla graphics. I want pre-Cata nights, lighting, fog, rainstorms, eerie atmosphere, EVERYTHING. Won't touch Classic without classic graphics.

And no to "toggle". They !@#$ed up toggeable models in retail, they'll %^-* it up in classic.
You argument like a 12 year old. Saying he want improved textures and animations doesn't mean he want to play Legion...
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You argument like a 12 year old. Saying he want improved textures and animations doesn't mean he want to play Legion...

Improved anmations? Haha, really? You say animations are ugly? Legendary rare compliant. Textures are exactly the same in the Vanilla and in the Legion. I wouldn't expect suddenly remastered textures in Classic. Check this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LpQqvBZ7Ne8

This is basically about lighting/shadows. Do you see different textures there?

Clueless people demand "higher resolution" "HD", "better graphics".. What does that mean precisely? You don't know what you're talking about.
04/01/2018 16:47Posted by Spyder
Cata introduced new water(good)

Debatable really. Water wasn't that bad in vanilla. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ12VD2OUM0

Now water looks like transparent jello IMO.
The thing is, vanilla run on dx9, cata+ 11?
Yeah, asking for HD is out of point, its only resolution, you can play it aswell hd.

More shiny, brighty stuff comes with higher patches - that does mean marked crates different effects of spells etc + dx 11 engine.

Darker nights - its job of gamma, but today i spotted something weird when i play w settings in legion. I just hover arround invisible walls in EP, and lightning goes up and down strangely. Looks like post casta world use some "zone lightning - not even zone, but part of it".

In general, both games looks close to each other, okay you will not have the "fog" in tirisfall glades.. but who cares.. I hope they leave it untouched - or, atleast dont add that stupid shiny "here i am" QoL improvement. It destroys vanilla feeling for me. I dont care about char models or spell animations at all.

Cata also introduced new quests; the old quests wouldn't work with the new layout of the barrens, for example.

Anyway, if they make everything newnewnew what retail already is... then I'll stay on a pserver. Don't really fancy retail 2.0.
This is one point where I will disagree with the majority of the posters (as far as I have seen anyway).

I don't see a problem at all with implementing the new models into the Classic server. Heck I don't even see why die hard players would have an issue either. I mean this is a simple quality of life change, it doesn't change the experience of the game in any way shape or form. Anything ADDED to the game is a change in my eyes. I.E - Raid Finder, that's taking away the CORE Classic experience. Furthermore I hope they update the world textures too to make the game look more appealing to the eyes.

If you don't like it, you can simply toggle to the old models. We have that option now, so I don't see why it couldn't be in the Classic servers.
06/01/2018 04:25Posted by Maggot
This is one point where I will disagree with the majority of the posters (as far as I have seen anyway).

I don't see a problem at all with implementing the new models into the Classic server. Heck I don't even see why die hard players would have an issue either. I mean this is a simple quality of life change, it doesn't change the experience of the game in any way shape or form. Anything ADDED to the game is a change in my eyes. I.E - Raid Finder, that's taking away the CORE Classic experience. Furthermore I hope they update the world textures too to make the game look more appealing to the eyes.

If you don't like it, you can simply toggle to the old models. We have that option now, so I don't see why it couldn't be in the Classic servers.
It's rare to see a person talking rationally instead of emotionally around here, so you get a thumbs up.
But there are people who are apparently like "if I don't like it, you can't get it, even if it doesn't affect me in any way".
I mean this is a simple quality of life change

Is what they said about all the other QoL they put in retail that people who play on vanilla servers are actually trying to escape.

it doesn't change the experience of the game in any way shape or form.

For you. It doesn't change things for you. It will totally cheapen the experience for anyone looking for actual vanilla wow.

It's okay to have different opinions on that but don't act like your opinion is the best or the only one there is. An opinion is not an argument.

The big argument that people seem to ignore because it doesn't fit their agenda is that they are trying to recreate the original experience as it once was. QoL implemented at a later than vanilla date does not fit that idea.
Talking rationally?

First: "I hope they update the world textures too.." - this is nonsense. Retail has the very same textures as Vanilla, why should they change it exclusively for classic? Even major overhaul during Cata left vanilla textures unchanged.

Second: They failed with implementation of toggeable models in Retail, so why should they succeed in Classic? In Retail this option doesn't work. You say they will deliver seamless toggeable models in Classic?

No rationale in your post. Sorry.

Also agree with Vunde. Adding new models will cheapen experience. New models are cheap. Besides they don't belong to vanilla same as xmog, flying, heirlooms and so on.
06/01/2018 14:43Posted by Spyder
Talking rationally?

There's really no point in trying to argue with Maladi. He doesn't understand what the word "hypocrisy" is and is stuck with the mindset that everybody else is wrong, no matter how many times you tell him otherwise.

And in his mind, the only way to think "rationally" is to think like him. He's the worst kind of stupid.
06/01/2018 11:04Posted by Vunde
For you. It doesn't change things for you. It will totally cheapen the experience for anyone looking for actual vanilla wow.

If it's an option you can toggle on and off, then no, it will not cheapen the experience. Just chose the old models option and problem solved. You'd still see every player and NPC in the game with old model.

New models are cheap.

Some are. But the Tauren model imo is a vast improvement over the old one.
06/01/2018 15:31Posted by Uruk
New models are cheap.

Some are. But the Tauren model imo is a vast improvement over the old one.

Technically yes, old models were really old, but overall I wouldn't say so. Very personal ofc, but new Tauren looks like a kid's toy. Cute, sweet and harmless. Old ones were a bit more serious, beasty and intimidating.

Imo they shouldn't let people responsible for pandas do that overhaul. Everything feels like teddy bear incarnation. Animations are simply broken. Undeads are unplayable, can't watch them walk.
06/01/2018 15:31Posted by Uruk
But the Tauren model imo is a vast improvement over the old one.

That's great! That you like the new models is only better for you, as you can then enjoy retail more. More power to you. (internet disclaimer: I mean it. No sarcasm)

Classic is not a new game, though; it already exists and toggles weren't part of it, neither were new models. If they are going for preserving what seemed lost - and so far it seems like that's what blizz wants to do - then toggles have no place in it at all.

If, on the other hand, their idea is to get people away from retail and on the classic servers then having such a toggle would almost be mandatory.

Even so, I think their idea is to show we think we do but we don't; show vanilla for what it is and let people turn away from it in disgust so they go right back to retail. Just a feeling I have, nothing I can prove.
It's okay to have different opinions on that but don't act like your opinion is the best or the only one there is. An opinion is not an argument.

Excuse me Vunde? But I never acted like my opinion was the law. I was merely having my say on the situation, if you're too ignorant to accept that, then that's fine. But don't attack MY opinion as if I committed a crime.

My apologies if I have to state "In my opinion" after every point I make. But I'd expect you to be intelligent enough to grasp the idea of the post. Heck even the topic is a debate in itself.

Spyder, I'm not sure where the failed retail models comment came from because I have tried them recently and they were working just fine. Maybe it's a recent change I haven't seen. But that isn't a flaw in my opinion. Maybe I didn't elaborate on what I meant by the classic textures to get my point across, and I wouldn't suggest that it be exclusively for Classic, I wouldn't see the logic in that either...
I will be in the minority here, but I would really like new models, animations, updated textures and shaders.

I can understand why someone may want to keep everything retro, but for myself - I'm in for a gameplay, and better picture will only enhance the experience for me.
Im expecting new models, and i hope they add it