Classic WoW a list and discussion of Features

Classic Discussion
There are literally only 2-3 changes I want to see made into the legacy server(s).

1. AoE looting - This is just a time saver more than anything but most of the time you wont be able to fight more than 2 mobs either way but it does help if they die on top of eachother.
2. Just make the flight masters go faster - Same routes just at a faster pace. I always fought that it was ridiculous that it took 10minutes to fly from Gadgetzan to TB/Orgri just to fix my spells(and for alliance it was even worse) before flying back again.
3. Make it so that shaman/paladin gear can't drop for ally/horde. I don't want to see these classes on the other faction, but I don't understand why it would be beneficial to anyone to keep this system. Same loot systems as back then, same drop rates and such - just remove these two class specifics for said factions.

If we get updated models/animations that doesn't really make or break the experience. What made classic and TBC what they were - was the pacing and strength of each and every enemy, not how they looked. Each quest felt like an adventure because you couldn't just go "full r****d" and pull entire rooms like the fast paced action game that it has turned into now. You had to plan your pulls, count how much food/water and potions you had and keep that in mind while progressing through a camp.

I absolutely do not want to see any form of questhelper added to the game. Reading the questlog or simply asking in /1 was usually enough to figure out what you needed to do for every quest. And for the times it wasn't you accepted personal defeat and looked up a guide(thottbot <3).

Maybe some UI alternatives(like allowing to move portraits and the in-game raid profiles that are running on live) would be nice sure but they shouldn't be the only option. The old options should also be there next to them.

No sharding/phasing or cross-realm stuff either pls. The world should be one as intended.
06/11/2017 00:42Posted by Lightmew
There are literally only 2-3 changes I want to see made into the legacy server(s).

Any change being done to these Servers means it is not "true vanilla" anymore.

The frustration of getting a Paladin piece as a Horde raidgroup should stay imo.
Warts and all or not at all
So... let me test the waters here. In Vanilla, we had a total of 8 debuff slots to use on mobs. This might later have been increased to 16. Still a rather small amount for a 40 man raid. Class design might not have involved as many debuffs to play with but we nonetheless had inane crap like the Fireball DoT.

And I think, this debuff limit that was there due to technical limitations (server load?) rather than what was perceived by the devs to be ideal game design.

I'm gonna leave the question unasked, fingers on my bubble hotkey. There are some militant defenders here.
Someone again try to suggest "improvments" like they did in past and look where it has brought a game, just stay in legion bro, leave classic classic
28/02/2018 00:06Posted by ForssCB8A65
Someone again try to suggest "improvments" like they did in past and look where it has brought a game, just stay in legion bro, leave classic classic

Nice necro but if you have any thing to say about classic please post here

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/19369714/ keep it out of general please there has been enough flame about classic.
WOW
So what you're saying is that you want classic WoW, but you don't want it to be like classic WoW ? Sounds a bit silly to me.
While the advice and/or information given in an older thread could have been accurate at the time, it may be now be outdated or a reply to an old thread could be overlooked. For these reasons please avoid 'necro' posting. If you have a similar issue and the advice previously given hasn't helped then please create a new thread with all relevant information.