[A-RP] <Pet Battle League> Argent Dawn

Pet Battles
Inspired by Pokemon, we're a dedicated group for those who wish to excel in pet battling and frequently challenge themselves to improve despite the handicaps.

Structure:
1 Champion
4 Elites
8 Gym Leaders
Any number of Contenders.

Once we're able to fill Gym Leader positions, we can start the challenge for the best Contenders to beat all of them in order to reach the higher level of Elite positions and eventually Champion who can defeat all Elites consecutively.

Contenders who have beaten all Gym Leaders will compete to become Elites, then a Champion who has beaten all Gym Leaders and Elites is assigned.

Why participate?
First, pets are account-wide. You don't need to move your main here. You can simply create a fresh alt and use it to join.
Second, it's an RP experience on its own.
Third, a prize pool of gold, pets and other items await the victors.
Lastly, FUN!

Rules:

1) A Contender has to win two of three matches using different pets that can't be repeated, so they have to have at least 9 ready pets.

2) Gym Leaders and Elites may use any pet from a pool of 6 but cannot repeat the same exact team twice. Or they can choose to make 3 teams.

3) Gym Leaders use a single type of Pets. Elites use thematically matching pets regardless of type. Champion uses any pet.

4) Progress is done once all members of a higher rank are beaten once. Elites have to be defeated consecutively, a loss against one resets the progress against them but you don't have to defeat Gym Leaders more than once.

5) Once a Champion is beaten, they restart as a Contender or replace a member of the above two ranks through voting.

6) Challenges can be made by arranging with the challenged party here or in-game.

7) TRP required, and committment from higher ranks when challenged.

How to join?
Please post here or talk in-game to Farscrew or Saleorean if you're interested in becoming either a Gym Leader or a Contender and you're on Argent Dawn EU server. You don't need a full main here, it's purely for pet battles, so an alt is fine as long as you're fulfilling your role.

Current vacancies will follow up in a 2nd post.
We're recruiting Gym Leaders and Contenders so far. Some spots (Elemental, Mechanical, Flying and Humanoid) have been filled.
Available Positions :
Humanoid Gym Leader - Taken
Dragonkin Gym leader - Taken
Flying Gym Leader - Taken
Undead Gym Leader - Taken
Critter Gym Leader - Taken
Magic Gym Leader - Taken
Elemental Gym Leader - Taken
Beast Gym Leader - Free
Aquatic Gym Leader - Free
Mechanical Gym Leader - Taken

Elite Four : All Free
Champion : Yet Free
I'm the Elemental Gym Leader, Reyas Wildfire. I'm stationed in Mount Hyjal at the top of the Shrine of Aviana. I welcome all challengers!

I have three teams which can be used as is or with a mixture as per the rules.

Blessings of the Sun:
Blossoming Ancient
Singing Sunflower
Zephyrian Prince

Tears of the Old World:
Pandaren Water Spirit
Fetid Waveling
Droplet of Y'Shaarj

Storm of Ice & Fire:
Phoenix Hatchling
Winter Rageling
Living Sandling
This sounds amazing! (And I have no idea at all about the story or mechanics of Pokemon. :)

I hope you get all the people you need to sign up and I wish you great success with it!

I don't see anything on WCP or the Discord yet? If you're looking for more, those are places outside AD proper where you might expect to find recruits.
Seems like a fun idea lads you should post it on the WCP discord here’s the link https://discord.gg/FsKTAP

Good luck :)
We gathered enough people to fill in places of Gym Leaders! We will start this league after testing their almost unbeatable, strong teams! The testing will be held next Saturday 18.11 so prepare for the opening of the PBLeague Next week! More info will be written down in Next Forum Thread that we will create shortly after the testing! Peace!
Down!
What are the gym leaders teams?
17/11/2017 12:20Posted by Rosqo
What are the gym leaders teams?

I imagine they will publish them after the meeting tomorrow.

It is an interesting question. How could you do it? What team of mechs, for example, would not be rendered scrap by the first random elemental to come along? :)
The only teams that could cause difficulties would be things like full darkness fliers, full iron starlettes, maybe 2 wyrmys with dazzling dance humanoid.

It’s gonna pretty much be just run 3 of these to hard counter the opponents team type.
17/11/2017 12:41Posted by Rosqo
The only teams that could cause difficulties would be things like full darkness fliers, full iron starlettes, maybe 2 wyrmys with dazzling dance humanoid.

It’s gonna pretty much be just run 3 of these to hard counter the opponents team type.

BA, Sunflower, autumnal sproutling.
Oh how exciting.
18/11/2017 02:07Posted by Спиннинг
17/11/2017 12:41Posted by Rosqo

BA, Sunflower, autumnal sproutling.
Oh how exciting.

This is not PvP in the normal sense, and it's only one of three nominated teams.

These are just qualifying rounds. Obviously, when the GLs are limited to using teams of one family, and their teams are listed in advance, it cannot be competitive.

Think of it not as PvP but as a demonstration that the contender knows enough to build and play a counter to a team operating under a handicap. Knowing how to build a counter to a Sunlight team, for example, is a good basic exercise that all beginners should be able to do.

It is interesting to consider how best to form a team under such a handicap, without making it too easy. I really am stumped to think of a Mech team in particular that won't be facerolled. Aquatics are tough too, but at least with Aquatics you have options like Carp. I remember once when Disco made a challenge to make a team using I think it was Stonegrinder, and I experimented with a 3-mech team using Rebuild. The first Shard of Cyrukh I came across was like Ozruk: Break yourselves upon my body. Feel the strength of the earth. :)

And BTW, Rosqo, I'd add that three Undead can screw up anybody's day! :P Soul, Serpent, CC Graves?

I presume that the following round will be tougher.
I thought about undeads but something like triple rabbits or foxes would beat that team and most other undead teams easily.

Those family teams I suggested were the only real ones I can see doing ok. The humanoid team is even a bit borderline dandelion frolicker and 2 x wyrmy/enthusiast still probably gonna go down to triple bs
I dunno. If the bunny head-game plays out such that the Haunt lands, especially twice, that CC Graves becomes very tough. Well, every team is going to go down, if you know what it is in advance. And if you have played PvP for a while, you will pretty quickly see the counters.

But the more I think about it, the more I'm loving this basic idea, of having a graduated difficulty, with fixed pets but not scripted.

It would be wonderful if we got an in-game version. Tamers with pets of one family, to give them a handicap. Pets change randomly every day, so you can't just bot the answers with a script from XuFu's. A reasonable AI assessing your team and calculating moves.

My view of PvE pet battling is that the problem was never HowlBomb, but there being no progression that could not be countered just by looking up the answers. This would be a step up. Not so big a step that it would be a brick wall to the majority, but maybe it would lift the standards a bit.

I really hope that this group have a lot of succcess, and a lot of fun, with their project!
Yeah I get where you all going! Mostly guys want to thank you for showing interested in this even if the project is in its early state! Secondly gotta agree that spamming our Type teams with a Counter type team will ensure your win thousand-folds but still might proven to be difficult and hard to defeat it... Want to imply that indeed we will look like PvP and thats the thing! Dont you find boring doing those Daylies with so called Rivals with three Bpets that you already know and have the same pattern? "Oh I am able to do this attack so I use it even if it doesnt do a thing and I give my opponent a chance to prepare his ultra move!" So thats why we want to give this a more Challenging feeling with a distinction making it less calculated math and more of Tactical mind! There is also the RP and Admiration of Pokemons (LoL) so I think this so called "project" can give something to everyone and I too hope It will succeed! (Tho gotta agree I lost contact with some of the gym leaders cos of my stupidity *ehm*
Edit: Postponed the start of League! Still Looking for Gym Leaders