Upcoming World PvP Changes - 13/11/2017

Class Development
With this week’s maintenance, we’ll be applying some hotfixes intended to slow down damage in world PvP:

• Non-tank specializations now take 40% less damage from enemy players while engaged in world PvP
  • We have reduced the PvP effectiveness of a number of trinkets and Legion Legendaries that contributed to excessive burst damage:
    • Draught of Souls now deals 70% less damage to enemy players
    • Cold Heart now deals 75% less damage to enemy players
    • Kil’Jaeden’s Burning Wish now deals 60% less damage to enemy players
    • Insignia of Ravenholdt now deals 50% less damage to enemy players
    • Pillars of Inmost Light now increase Eye of Tyr damage by 150% when attacking players (was 300%)
    • Scarlet Inquisitor’s Expurgation now increases Divine Storm damage by 3% per stack when attacking players (was 6% per stack)
    • The Dreadlord’s Deceit now increases the damage of Shuriken Storm by 6% per stack when attacking players (was 25% per stack)
    • Fiery Red Maimers now increase Maim damage by 165% when attacking players (was 500%)

Our intent with these changes is to reduce the amount of initial burst damage dealt by players in world PvP, especially when using certain legendary items or trinkets, giving the player being attacked more opportunity to react. While we want to maintain the “anything goes” nature of world PvP in Legion, we do want you to have at least some chance to retaliate, even when caught by surprise.
Nice, I'd love the BfA system being added sooner though. ;)
Better late than never... what about Rogue's Master Asassin shoulders? The 100% Crit buff should be removed for PvP... that's like THE legendary that kills people so quick in world PvP... :|
14/11/2017 01:04Posted by Lore
Cold Heart now deals 75% less damage to enemy players

Nice.
Healers remain unchanged? Classic blizz.
Why arent just remove the effects from legendarys in World PvP?
This is awesome. A good first step to BFA. Thank you !
I find this change completely game-changing.
The world now will feel a lot different than instances. We have different damage in the world (PvE), different in world PvP and different in instanced PvP. How is that nice to you???? It screws up with the game and with your characters.

Also, what is the problem with the fact that sometimes you don't actually have the opportunity to fight back at some wPvP situations? Really what is the problem, you died, you 'll res, you 'll go on with whatever it was that you were doing (if that was PvEing).

The immersion of this world is not the stupid linear PvE progression and PvE "botting" but also the twists of unexpected situations in this living world that cause you to die due to PvP.

I have died to rogues many many times, to DKs casting Cold Heart and others... I really didn't feel that they should get punished in wPvP for having fun because of their damage and how much effort they 've put to their characters.

To sum up, some (actually all) of us died, horribly due to wPvP. And this is fun, both for us (in a more subtle way that I tried to touch above) and for the ones that killed us...

Keeping adding modifiers here and there, that essentially block us from being able to predict how much damage we will deal is so !@#$ing frustrating. "Your ability does XX% of weapon damage" and please scour through the game forums on whether you are going to see that damage all the time, or at only specific situations. I personally have a hard time to track all of that all the time, in and out of instances. So annoying.

Seriously, this is one more step to killing the RPG part of the game.
I find this change completely game-changing.
The world now will feel a lot different than instances. We have different damage in the world (PvE), different in world PvP and different in instanced PvP. How is that nice to you???? It screws up with the game and with your characters.

Also, what is the problem with the fact that sometimes you don't actually have the opportunity to fight back at some wPvP situations? Really what is the problem, you died, you 'll res, you 'll go on with whatever it was that you were doing (if that was PvEing).

The immersion of this world is not the stupid linear PvE progression and PvE "botting" but also the twists of unexpected situations in this living world that cause you to die due to PvP.

I have died to rogues many many times, to DKs casting Cold Heart and others... I really didn't feel that they should get punished in wPvP for having fun because of their damage and how much effort they 've put to their characters.

To sum up, some (actually all) of us died, horribly due to wPvP. And this is fun, both for us (in a more subtle way that I tried to touch above) and for the ones that killed us...

Seriously, this is one more step to killing the RPG part of the game.

Are you REALLY serious? You prefer a one shot Diablo 2 like game, than a fun WPvP with epic duels like in Vanilla or other addons?

You also don't seem to realize this is what disgusted almost everyone to WPvP in Legion.

This can't be real.
I don't know what you mean by "one shot". One GCD, or a series of attacks that makes "one" combo?

I am not sure you ever played vanilla. It was fast like this.
Better late than never... :|

14/11/2017 04:25Posted by Líight
Why arent just remove the effects from legendarys in World PvP?

Better late than never indeed.

Honestly this whole x-pac has been awful for PVP.

The templates are a good idea, but to forgiving of people with 0 gear, so you literally feel like you're not growing in strength at all..

The loot system is a pain in the !@#, with coins for extra rolls and chance of titanforged and getting the same item as last week, it's a god-damn mess. Hopefully we see conquest points making a return.

World PVP seemed super exciting when they announced pvp world quests, but it has been a 5-man premade tool supporting ganking rather than pvp, and the scaling has just been awful when a gladiator can be 1-shot by a 15m hp tank...

I think bringing back some type of resilience should help with making world pvp interesting again, although I'm not a fan of PVE-players playing with an advantage over PVP players in world pvp because they receive higher ilvl loot..

Man do I sound like a pessimist :p
I don't know what you mean by "one shot". One GCD, or a series of attacks that makes "one" combo?

I am not sure you ever played vanilla. It was fast like this.

14/11/2017 10:06Posted by Troma
You also don't seem to realize this is what disgusted almost everyone to WPvP in Legion.

I 'm pretty sure that it disgustedsome, especially some that come in the forums and whine about dying in 3-5 seconds in wPvP from enemies that have the highest iLvL and legendary gear on them. I don't think that it disgusted almost everyone as you say.
I think you perfectly understood me. With one single burst macro it's possible to oneshot everyone except tanks.

I have played from World of Warcraft beta on PvP server, 2004, to now. Even worked with Gegon for his videos so don't worry for me.

It WASNT fast like this. How could we have memories like Drakedog, Otherguy, Laintime, Gegon, Mantrid, Francis etc if it was 1 sec fights? The nearest thing was AP POM PYRO and even it was for one class and counterable.
If only the devs played their own game and realized that LEGION WORLD PVP WAS OVERRUN BY TANKS AND DISC PRIESTS SINCE DAY ONE

Like I agree, random pve legendaries oneshotting people was a problem; But nowhere near as much as literally unkillable bear druids, vengeance Dh, or any healer.
It was fast like this, maybe even faster.
Specifically, the videos you mention, mostly have fights that are anticipated by both involved parties and still are sometimes even faster.

If you however you were questing or killing some mobs on Tyr's Hand and you were at 80% and a rogue jumped you, you wouldn't do anything at all. Especially if he had legendary gear and the highest possible epic gear.

And yes, this also happened with Shadowpriests, mages and warriors(!)
This is my rank 14 warrior (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/defias-brotherhood/gutjja) and I was 2-3 shotting many many people most of the times, except when in bgs where everyone was ready for my charge.
I know the main point of the argument isn't what vanilla was like, I mean even if you are right or I am right, it makes no difference. It is what it is now, and this is what we are discussing.

But for the sake of the argument, what you said about it wasn't that fast, brings me to this: https://youtu.be/RGBnjELkgok?t=2m22s
You took the perfect example: a FULL buffed r14 Warrior, so many advantages and so rare for the time. :)

For Legion WPvP, everyone above 900+ with legendaries and no buffs could do the same.
doesn't this just make tanks more unkillable?
@Lore, Tehreaper has a point. Will you nerf tanks in outdoor PvP too? Right now they are already unkillable, i can't imagine after the fix
No, they can't do the same with 900 iLvL and legendaries, no.

The point of my post though was that this change considerably changes how the game plays in the outside world, and this shouldn't happen now. It also makes the game more opaque by adding modifiers that are untrackable in anyway from inside the game. In essence, it makes your character in an RPG significantly weaker in the wPvP aspect at the outside world. All of the above sucks, and it actually makes a problem (regarding wPvP) worst, by significantly modifying how your character feels.

Many of us, if not all, considered all that when choosing what class to play.