RNG is here to stay, its "exciting"!

General
Prev 1 13 14 15 Next
09/10/2017 10:29Posted by Bandicoot
09/10/2017 10:20Posted by Bearhugger
For the love of god people, if you can't stand the state of the game then quit. Speak your peace and vote with your wallet. Don't come back here on and on crying about every detail.

Main problem is the people that cry over this is because they think WOW is a single player mode...so they get jealous if Little Tommy get an 925 Titanforge item that was supposed to be a 910 ilvl item...

Its almost amusing that the only thing you can do is bashing on people who don't think like you. As long as someone can bring up something logical i'm more than happy to have a discussion with him, but what you are doing is straight up pathetic. Your only argument is that we are all entitled kids or liars. Yeah, saying these things will most likely make people to agree with you.

Other than that everything else you say is your personal opinion and you want to make it a fact, while ignoring everyone else's opinion in this thread.

I would really appreciate it if you would try to defend RNG with something constructive instead of trying to make others look like idiots.
09/10/2017 13:32Posted by Cuishle
How you get relinquished gear? I farm rares, do invasion points, open chests in my way but only got 1-2 boa gear so far for alts...

Veiled argunite from rares/chests/some quests

Void walker vendor downstairs on the Vindicaar, opposite side to the mission table
Main problem is the people that cry over this is because they think WOW is a single player mode...so they get jealous if Little Tommy get an 925 Titanforge item that was supposed to be a 910 ilvl item...

This is the problem. That wow is (ment to be) a multiplayer game. In a single player game people would not even give a single flying F about someone recieved a 955 socketed+leech main attribute item from a random smashed barrel.

The other problem is the lack of limitation:
recieving a maximum +15 ilvl is ok, since it is some luck reward with the base-difficulty.
But tiers of difference is too much.

In fact, the problem will some in a couple of weeks when the new raid will be reliesed:
Artorus heroic will gove you 945 ilvl.
And people already have a lot of 950 items. With this the new tier of raid is an instant obsolite progress.

In diablo3 you have higher chance to get great loot from the trash before diablo. Since its true that Diablo itself gives higher loot, but you kill legions of trash before the big boss.
As I said, its not a problem, but blizz already have a game for this system: Diablo.
Turning WoW into Diablo is unfair for players who want to play WoW, dont you think?
Blizzard forgot to put in an upgrade system for non titanforged/non-socketed gear. If they had then people who got that "best in slot" (I hate this term) could just spend some valor points on a vendor and get the extra ilevels and/or sockets.
09/10/2017 14:37Posted by Ofensor
Blizzard forgot to put in an upgrade system for non titanforged/non-socketed gear. If they had then people who got that "best in slot" (I hate this term) could just spend some valor points on a vendor and get the extra ilevels and/or sockets.

That's what I don't understand really. Why don't we have this? Why was this system removed?
Xforged equipment should be a bonus, not something to aim for. You got a titanforged? Fantastic, you won't need to invest your time in farming valor. It doesn't trivialize the titanforging system, it just reinforces the idea that it is indeed just a lucky bonus, not a goal or something to grind eternally for.
I hate the general direction WOW has gone over the years. Everything is dumbed down to the level where I'm seriously wondering if this game is made for mentally handicapped people.

-Why do we have quest dialogue if the UI / map is gonna indicate to us in 10 different ways how to complete our quest without reading a single line of text?

-Why do we have commons/uncommons/rares/epics/legendaries when everyone is geared with a full epic set within hours of reaching the max level?

-Why do we have a world in the game when everything you do can be reached through finders/portals/shortcuts?

-Why do we have raids and rated PVP when similar quality gear can be obtained through 5 minute solo quests?

-Why do we have a chat window when over 90% of the content in the game can be done solo?

This game has become a shadow of the great MMORPG that it once was. The world was engaging and the people actually played with eachother because they HAD TO, if they ever wanted to achieve anything meaningful in the game. Only top players had epic gear and they had to work their !@# off to get any of those items so once they did it actually felt like something. The game was much more challenging thus much more rewarding.

Casual players wore blue items with maybe 1-2 epics and green gems, no enchants, come TBC they probably had the 60% speed flying mount and they looked pretty silly with their mix'n'match gearing, but they were constantly striving to get better... Slowly but surely. Then you saw the top notch raider with an epic weapon and a few pieces of tier-set and you'd always remember their name because they were so outstanding among the common rubble.

Now you see people with every single hue of the rainbow on their well-deserved-2-hour-long-grind-epic-gear-set with flashy particle effects that'll give you an epileptic seizure and high fantasy mounts from your wildest imagination all over the place, idling in major cities quietly craving for attention that they'll never end up receiving, because being super epic is super normal nowadays. The trade chat is quiet, there's no need to trade anymore and Dirge got old 5 years ago. Where has everyone gone? They're all playing the game solo among thousands of other solo players, doing their daily deeds then once again suppressing the ever looming question they keep asking themselves.. Why do I keep doing this?
09/10/2017 14:37Posted by Ofensor

I love this Idea.

Blizzard should put in some way to definetely get it after having bad luck, for example, opening 10 chests past exalted from Broken Isles reputation gives the mount and so on.

Having to run the treadmill can be fun, its definetely not fun if you are unlucky.
TF should be capped, legendaries are a terrible system in their current form. I don't mind one for a questline that sits in a non-tier slot. Gating power levels of players behind vast amounts of RNG rather than just dungeon + raid drops is a bad idea.

What they should do is reduce the amount of gear thrown at us, including catch up mechanics unless it is via tokens that take longer to get - if you want gear then gear in the older content.

My toons power level is way too high, I shouldn't be able to compete with mythic Raiders ilevel wise.
09/10/2017 15:05Posted by Sappah
I hate the general direction WOW has gone over the years. Everything is dumbed down to the level where I'm seriously wondering if this game is made for mentally handicapped people.

-Why do we have quest dialogue if the UI / map is gonna indicate to us in 10 different ways how to complete our quest without reading a single line of text?

-Why do we have commons/uncommons/rares/epics/legendaries when everyone is geared with a full epic set within hours of reaching the max level?

-Why do we have a world in the game when everything you do can be reached through finders/portals/shortcuts?

-Why do we have raids and rated PVP when similar quality gear can be obtained through 5 minute solo quests?

-Why do we have a chat window when over 90% of the content in the game can be done solo?

This game has become a shadow of the great MMORPG that it once was. The world was engaging and the people actually played with eachother because they HAD TO, if they ever wanted to achieve anything meaningful in the game. Only top players had epic gear and they had to work their !@# off to get any of those items so once they did it actually felt like something. The game was much more challenging thus much more rewarding.

Casual players wore blue items with maybe 1-2 epics and green gems, no enchants, come TBC they probably had the 60% speed flying mount and they looked pretty silly with their mix'n'match gearing, but they were constantly striving to get better... Slowly but surely. Then you saw the top notch raider with an epic weapon and a few pieces of tier-set and you'd always remember their name because they were so outstanding among the common rubble.

Now you see people with every single hue of the rainbow on their well-deserved-2-hour-long-grind-epic-gear-set with flashy particle effects that'll give you an epileptic seizure and high fantasy mounts from your wildest imagination all over the place, idling in major cities quietly craving for attention that they'll never end up receiving, because being super epic is super normal nowadays. The trade chat is quiet, there's no need to trade anymore and Dirge got old 5 years ago. Where has everyone gone? They're all playing the game solo among thousands of other solo players, doing their daily deeds then once again suppressing the ever looming question they keep asking themselves.. Why do I keep doing this?

I tell you why:
- QQ... hardcore skille top players saw Onyxia and ragnaros. I cant even kill a lvl1 pig in solo, but i pay the same money. I demand my own part of the story!

- It is a waste of time and really awkward to prepare for a social event. Pls remove every rpg element from the game!

- Im an antisocial freak, and I hate that in an mmorpg im forced to do group content. Givme LFG tool.

- LFG tool sux, since all the antisocial freaks dont even go to youtube and check the 2min guide for a bossfight, or dont even bother to open the adventure tab and read even their own role tactic. Giv me easier difficulties!

- Even trough I saw the tank'n'spank version off the boss that can be outgiered easily, since people still dont go to youtube to check the 2 min guide, meanie pugleaders demand min requirement +30ilvl for a raid that can be gathered only from higher difficulties. I demand a fairnsquare titanforge system!

- erm... ppl are sitting in 935 and still wipe in Inquisition boss... Erm... What can be done now? Calling people idiot is offending, but all the handycaps are useless...
Vanilla system was worse than this. Mindless grinding to raid in LFR level raids until Naxx where you got normal/early heroic boss difficulty. Forced social interaction because the no lifers can't make friends without people being forced to speak to them.
09/10/2017 13:57Posted by Taronn
Its almost amusing that the only thing you can do is bashing on people who don't think like you. As long as someone can bring up something logical i'm more than happy to have a discussion with him, but what you are doing is straight up pathetic. Your only argument is that we are all entitled kids or liars. Yeah, saying these things will most likely make people to agree with you.

Other than that everything else you say is your personal opinion and you want to make it a fact, while ignoring everyone else's opinion in this thread.

I would really appreciate it if you would try to defend RNG with something constructive instead of trying to make others look like idiots.

So from where to start??
Since i won't try to write a book gonna say it smooth.
1st gonna talk about Raiding items..

We Have 4 difficulties. Lfr/Normal/Heroic/Mythic Raiding.
Right now each one is having 885 ilvl 900 ilvl 915 ilvl and 930 ilvl item drops .
There is Warforge 5/10 ilvl boost and the titanforge 15+ ilvl boost..
Most common item that you're gonna see is +5 to an +10 ilvl boost and like a 5% for and +15 ilvl boost...Let's not talk about +20 or 40 + ilvl... ** With 9 chars 110 the biggest item i got was Two +20 ilvl titanforge and 1 40+ ilvl item from Wquest... ofcouse vendored......with 9 chars in whole expansion.. Gamebreaking...

So likely most of the people are running with 2/4 titanforge items..if they're lucky enough and most of others either normals either the 5 or 10 ilvl boost..

Another thing that you have talk is about arguing with other people.

Well tell me one good reason because i was reading some post from an Lfr guy that dislike this model.......So a guy that Runs Only Lfr would be dissapointed in getting and Titanforge item.. Is like someone gives you 100 euro..but decide to give you 200...and you're sad because you got 200 instead of 100 ??

So right now you're gonna get the item and we Talk about Lfr/Normal/Heroic that is just pug.. and if you're lucky you're gonna get a Wf or extremly lucky an Tf...

And the other thing that i like this model is Quite simple.
Gearing up either an lfr/normal/heroic char is taking an close to an 8 weeks..Since we get 2 to 5 item per raid clear counting aswell Bonus roll and ofcourse W Bosses..
So removing Tf and wf...rng..
So as a guy than runs only lfr/normal/heroic If im gonna get all my items in those 2 even 3 months is any point playing anymore ??
We get an new Raid every 6 to 8 months.. There is anything else to do??

This rng of always trying/hoping...the chance to get something better keep up the currently model of wow. If not right now you are Biss gear and just wait for the next raid to sub again..
I doubt that someone that got all items from a Raid would keep up playing the same raid for 4 to 6 months with nothing to get from the raid..
Hope that what i write was readable .Cya
09/10/2017 15:50Posted by Hierithom
Vanilla system was worse than this. Mindless grinding to raid in LFR level raids until Naxx where you got normal/early heroic boss difficulty. Forced social interaction because the no lifers can't make friends without people being forced to speak to them.

Naxx was brutal, even getting in to naxx was so brutal that only a handful of people made it. That's how endgame should be, after all it's exactly that.. Endgame, meant for "serious players" who want to devote their time and effort in to taking the ultimate challenge with the hopes of getting rewarded righteously.

It's unfortunate that the game would have to force social interactions (unfortunately talking to uknown people in an MMORPG is considered weird/offensive/suspicious in 2017) in order to keep the community lively but that's how it goes and that's how it used to be and the game was much more entertaining and the community was alot more engaging.

Why cater to the anti-social lot? Catering to them makes an online multiplayer game turn in to a solo-experience, and that's exactly what happened with WOW.

I think there's enough of single player games in the world to cater to the needs of those who find social interactions awkward, why !@#$ up the very few functional actual MMO games?

Playing an online multiplayer game and whining because you have to play with other people is like dressing up in a blue shirt and complaining because people say your shirt is blue.
09/10/2017 16:16Posted by Sappah
09/10/2017 15:50Posted by Hierithom

Naxx was brutal, even getting in to naxx was so brutal that only a handful of people made it. That's how endgame should be, after all it's exactly that.. Endgame, meant for "serious players" who want to devote their time and effort in to taking the ultimate challenge with the hopes of getting rewarded righteously.

It's unfortunate that the game would have to force social interactions (unfortunately talking to uknown people in an MMORPG is considered weird/offensive/suspicious in 2017) in order to keep the community lively but that's how it goes and that's how it used to be and the game was much more entertaining and the community was alot more engaging.

Why cater to the anti-social lot? Catering to them makes an online multiplayer game turn in to a solo-experience, and that's exactly what happened with WOW.

I think there's enough of single player games in the world to cater to the needs of those who find social interactions awkward, why !@#$ up the very few functional actual MMO games?

Playing an online multiplayer game and whining because you have to play with other people is like dressing up in a blue shirt and complaining because people say your shirt is blue.

On a recent private server a buffed version of Naxx (removing world buffs which is a drastic buff in difficulty) KT was killed within 24 hours. Naxx was artificially difficult because players were bad and the resistance gear was a timegate.

Oh and lag was the hardest boss in Naxx.
09/10/2017 14:15Posted by Flyk
09/10/2017 13:32Posted by Cuishle
How you get relinquished gear? I farm rares, do invasion points, open chests in my way but only got 1-2 boa gear so far for alts...

Veiled argunite from rares/chests/some quests

Void walker vendor downstairs on the Vindicaar, opposite side to the mission table

Yea i know i just dont get it how people claim they fet their set in a few days...

After the quest chain you have enough for 2 items and then besudes weeklies, rares and chests dont drop much... and rares are once per day...

Even if you do all rares each day you still nees 2+ weeks to get full 910
/urggghh
I had been watching this video discussing the recent rise in the trend of adding more "gambling" in games in attempt to hook people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMDGPSWWA18

While Legion does not have any real Pay to Win transactions, I feel it still tries to invest a lot more than it used to in getting people to play more by trying to get the kick out of getting what they want on that next drop/chest.

09/10/2017 21:13Posted by Joash
/urggghh

Car sickness?
I have to admit, I am just about done. The RNG makes everything feel like an endless chore, it's just flat out exhausting. I've played WoW from the beginning and now, knowing this is what's ahead, I'm starting to make myself come to terms with the prospect of finally laying the game to rest and finding something else to sink my time on.
10/10/2017 20:05Posted by Dalanna
I have to admit, I am just about done. The RNG makes everything feel like an endless chore, it's just flat out exhausting. I've played WoW from the beginning and now, knowing this is what's ahead, I'm starting to make myself come to terms with the prospect of finally laying the game to rest and finding something else to sink my time on.

That glorious RNG moment when you grind for weeks, get only base ilvl stuff with wrong stats, then boost your friends' alt in arcway +5 and he gets a 940 titanforge with great stats out of it...

There is no feeling of a well earned reward... just frustration or relief.
Let's think where this hydra's all heads grows from.

Of course, at first it was banal incompetence. I have already spoken about something of this here https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616622305?page=3#post-44 (LK) and https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617072992?page=7#post-122 (MoP) here. This involved first removing secondary characteristics that were not only introduced to control growth but also didn't conflict with lore (which is very important) => faster growth items base stats => inflation of characteristics begins => attempts to replace these characteristics with their imaginary elusive of growth (item https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20768847072?page=2#post-29 lvl), of course it didn't help => more easily accessible items of higher quality => progressing inflation of base stats and characteristics => removing 'unnecessary' abilities that didn't explicitly 'increase' character's strength, removing talents due to their universality (gave %) and irrelevance (gave already cut out characteristics) => fast obsolescence of items=content and their=it monotony => easily accessible epics, items homogenization (adjusting stats) and personal loot lead to a time reduction in content, social conflicts (for loot) and the individualization of gameplay (socio psychological factors: mutual aid, obligations, responsibility) => adding more modes and removing even more meaningful features and mechanics to make power 'growth' even more obvious, software fraud (imaginary squeezing of numbers) => incredible growth of basic stats, an attempt to add non-significant secondary characteristics that were no longer able to contain inflation due dynamic of power 'growth', high-quality items are falling as from the cornucopia (people already sitting on 'epic' needle) => and (attention, here new authorities comes into play) as a factor of 'slowing down' growth / obsolescence RNG-system is added (forge items, M+, randomisation (luck not skill) in progress (separate PvP/PvE/'garrison&stuff', even abilities and capabilities), items-talents (legendary items, artifact)), basic stats are removed from some items, all non-cosmetic glyphs been removed (don't forget that team that working with classes mediocre as well as thus who responsible for general game design, which means that it know only delete-way to achieve balance, and not add-way - it's too difficult for them), all professions are deprived of almost any opportunity to improve stuff, remaining 'not necessary' abilities been removed too => as you all perfectly see it doesn't help, for one simple reason - it's doesn't work so, never and nowhere.

Alternative 'evolution' excluding possibility of any player's mistakes (= deprivation of choice) from our french friend: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2294389-New-Necromancer-Concept-2017?p=48788609#post48788609.

Verbal visualization:
Imagine game as large complex robot, system of which can't be remade (these are game engine). All you can do about balance is Control Unit. Control Unit consists of 2 parts (with pinch-bars): 1) general (parameters and characteristics); 2) special (fine tuning for each individual subsystem); 3) they are interdependent. Since it's not possible to change system itself - for convenience, you can add pinch-bars, BUT with each removal of basic ones (which as you know are part of related system) problems will start to experience. What is now is a completely broken panel: 1) there are almost no pinch-bars on general part (strong arms, weak mind), there are electricity spark or RNG placed in place of broken ones; 2) special ones also suffered badly and they are so split that any change leads only to robot's squeal and helpless manipulators swings; 3) now they are trying to break dependencies, as a result of which system will stop working as a single unit (it has long been not working properly, but it'll be even worse).

They didn't even need to say that RNG would stay, because they said that they like alot M+ and random bonuses (2 significant additions, apart from standard sets and many types of complexities that are unfair to the players and require an abnormal growth of attributes between tiers and during one addon - which together are exectly this crisis), which together with illiterate design of classes leads to a similar https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616974458 situations, and then they will say that balance of the game is still oriented towards PvE. Not on PvE and not on PvP, everything is much more banal:
But problem is that Blizzard's policy hasn't changed from WoD: content itself at most is easily accessible for almost all subscribers http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749755542 and its parts aren't "closed" with high requirements to players capabilities(gaming/social)/characteristics(dps/hps/res and other RPG mechanics), but with artificial plugs http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749745954 (it's not about skill and experience, but about time and money now: if you don't get "in time" you won't ever, so buy it now and people like crazy afraid to lost opportunity - I heard that you do same marketing in Hearthstone (disabling&deleting "old content") >> imgur.com/5rQ6OC3.jpg << )
( https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759209283 )
( https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617074921 )

Therefore, threads like:
- RNG
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616993631
+ https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616993631?page=9#post-161
(can't resist to say - great post up here)
+ https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616993631?page=12#post-221
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759277864
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759200026
- squish (rather stats, not items)
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616963354
- items-oriented
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758728395
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617064151
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617024040#post-5
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617024131
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759318999
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617014535
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616994596
- dungeons system
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616994425
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759169167
- separate good topic about progress in general
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617004180
+ https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617004180?page=1#post-19
+ https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617004180?page=4#post-70
+ https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617004180?page=4#post-75
+ https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617004180?page=4#post-77
+ https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617004180?page=4#post-78
=> https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616974458
- MMO
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754806948?page=2#post-24
- classes and abilities
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616994238
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759348791
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759328930?page=4#post-76
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2318164-WoW-s-Balancing-Team-How-is-it?p=47598071&viewfull=1#post47598071
essentially related. So, at first it was incompetence, then laziness and greed were added to it.

https://i.imgur.com/EDHlA7W.jpg
=/=
http://www.nerfnow.com/img/2180/3410.png

Stuff what we see as result is global world crisis that they trying to prevent with building Casino in every city, diverting your attention to external directions that aren't related in any way directly to the main problem. Smoke and mirrors ;] - challenges, events, toys/mounts/pets/selfies/pazzles, brawler's guild, twitter, happy farm (in all 3 variants) - all this for make you busy, distracting from direct play. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it all, but I just want you to know why it was introduced, how it works - this is content-substitute ('synthetic food'), a little more and game will consist only this. And they want to pay off from you a pair of small multi-storey islands, with couple of dozens of uncomplicated corridors, but forgetting to solve main problem. It's certainly not bad, but you should look into the root, at first you need to restore system's integrity - game universe design, get back to sources and lore https://imgur.com/gallery/bqYmC according to which any essential elements of it must be introduced or removed: everything about items, classes, dungeons and locations design, social organization and etc, etc, etc. Because if you succeed, then at the same time you also will solve other problems, not only those indicated above, like
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759368826
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759348846
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616984947
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759228736
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614414967
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759198839
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616984849
( https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616974688 )

But in fact it's long, it's difficult and in the end it's expensive. Moreover, a significant part of current subscribers http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2320788-What-Ruined-World-of-Warcraft?p=47606061&viewfull=1#post47606061 consists of people of a different type https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9EK8hXtqeY, almost certainly they will resist recovery process, likely more than those, who left, resisted process of destruction. Because then it was done out of reasonable considerations, and now would be due to strong degradation and addiction = more furiously, rudely and stupidly - fanatically.. For recovery they would have to start right from beginning of LK (classes, items, talents, secondary characteristics, professions, social organization, dungeon design and priorities of battle system (threat, control, synergy - Korean slasher or fighting game not needed) (this both even earlier), zones), if this won't done, then no any new addon will change anything https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616771936?page=2#post-32

ps I had set of links of last threads I read. Not sure that it was worth to put all them in this way, but sorry that once again slightly disturbed everyone for the last time. Since I don't need them anymore and thread is related and interesting, let it all be here in form which turned out. Don't forget: the more you fight each other instead of being friends and negotiating for solving real problems - the richer AсtiBlizzard become. Forgive old men, if something goes wrong, we aren't your enemies; remember the basics.. gl and bb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_lVI9CjsaE