Maiev vs Sylvanas

Story
I badly want to see these two duke it out. Serial killer Warden blessed by Elune vs strategist dark ranger commanding banshee powers.
Darnassus vs Undercity now!
Sylvanas by a mile given the extent of her current abilities.

She's able to deconstitute her body at will, become immaterial and pass through solid objects, (and since those Alliance soldiers died) destroy vital organs whilst doing so (similar to Reverse Flash's vibrating hand). She's then able to reconstitute her body at will again.

In short: She's practically invulnerable now.
08/11/2017 05:55Posted by Lswindrunner

She's able to deconstitute her body at will, become immaterial and pass through solid objects, (and since those Alliance soldiers died) destroy vital organs whilst doing so (similar to Reverse Flash's vibrating hand). She's then able to reconstitute her body at will again.

Immaterial beings can still be damaged.

But yes, I would also say Sylvanas. It wouldn't be an easy fight for her but she would be the winner.
It seems she can't use it all the time. Why else should she lose to an old man and get her life saving item stolen
Maiev would !@#$ her up so badly it's not even funny heck most of the legendary heroes of the war of the ancients would grind her into pulp

shes a general's who career consist of getting beaten or running away ... it just shows the low low bar for quel'thelas's so called ranger general
08/11/2017 13:43Posted by Yundra
Maiev would !@#$ her up so badly it's not even funny heck most of the legendary heroes of the war of the ancients would grind her into pulp

shes a general's who career consist of getting beaten or running away ... it just shows the low low bar for quel'thelas's so called ranger general

And what great achievements has Maiev done? Besides betraying her leaders again and again?

Sylvanas wins hand down. Now if you want a realy interesting match up do Sylvanas vs Tyrande (the one who was actually blessed by Elune).
08/11/2017 13:19Posted by Jengul
It seems she can't use it all the time. Why else should she lose to an old man and get her life saving item stolen

As per the trailer, anything she's holding gets destroyed when she goes deconstitutes her body (her bow gets destroyed in the cinematic, as when she makes her body whole again, she is no longer holding the bow). Therefore, the lantern would have been destroyed as well.
I mean yeah she can go banshee form for a while if she wants how is this news
Maiev would collect that Tyrants head within moments.

I really hope she goes on the offensive after Teldrassil.
Would be a very interesting fight, people really assume that Maiev is not that strong? She is very devious and ruthless when she needs it, she was High Priestess of Elune, led the Night Elves in many battle vs the Burning Legion, slaughtered hundreds of demons, you can clearly see her power after 10k years, she was able to stop a dozen Illidary with a single spell. She can endure a lot, it was stated that underneath the armor, her body is completely scarred from battle wounds and Illidan's torture. During her warden years she trained rigorously. In terms of mental fortitude, her plotting got Malfurion captured and almost killed, she planned it meticulously.
Sylvanas would find herself in trouble.
I would prefer Tyrande to destroy the emo Queen, Sylvanas would not last 2 secs vs the High priestess of Elune.
Anything "Light" related, Sylvanas would need to think fast.

The thing with her, is she's never fought against Night Elves, so when it comes to those like Tyrande, Shandris or Jarod, she needs to know how to counter them.

If she can counter them like Garrosh did, then she'd have an easier win. Failure to counter the likes of Tyrande, who controls the powers of an entity that we still know very little about as well as being one of Azeroth's best Archers, then she'd have a tougher time.

Elves, barring Nightborne, have a very agile way of battling. You counter that agility, you win. (Like Garrosh in Ashenvale.) Failure to counter it, you lose.
08/11/2017 19:16Posted by Tanariá
Anything "Light" related, Sylvanas would need to think fast.

The thing with her, is she's never fought against Night Elves, so when it comes to those like Tyrande, Shandris or Jarod, she needs to know how to counter them.

If she can counter them like Garrosh did, then she'd have an easier win. Failure to counter the likes of Tyrande, who controls the powers of an entity that we still know very little about as well as being one of Azeroth's best Archers, then she'd have a tougher time.

Elves, barring Nightborne, have a very agile way of battling. You counter that agility, you win. (Like Garrosh in Ashenvale.) Failure to counter it, you lose.

nah she lacks garrosh's plot bull!@#$ so that's not possible and there no need to make the night elfs inept to make anduin look good so i guess she'll lose :D
08/11/2017 19:19Posted by Yundra
nah she lacks garrosh's plot bull!@#$

But Garrosh still countered them, in there own forests. The Elves weren't willing to change their battle style so Garrosh, brilliantly came up with ways to counter them and it worked. The Sentinels of Wolfheart, who were stationed in Ashenvale were caught off-guard and were disorientated.

A clever plot by Garrosh, to say the very least and it worked, until the Worgen showed up and turned the battle against him.
08/11/2017 19:19Posted by Yundra
nah she lacks garrosh's plot bull!@#$ so that's not possible and there no need to make the night elfs inept to make anduin look good so i guess she'll lose :D

plot armor is when my favourite faction loses
:'((((((((((((
Even if Garrosh lost he still has plot armor! :'(((((((((((
Why maiev instead of tyrande tho? I doubt maiev will be doing much, she is warden that is obsessed with illidan. I'm pretty sure that when illidan becomes sargeras his prison maiev will stay too because she wants to keep an eye on illidan
08/11/2017 16:01Posted by Lswindrunner
08/11/2017 13:19Posted by Jengul

As per the trailer, anything she's holding gets destroyed when she goes deconstitutes her body (her bow gets destroyed in the cinematic, as when she makes her body whole again, she is no longer holding the bow). Therefore, the lantern would have been destroyed as well.

Nah I noticed her bow go onto her back during the banshee bit and she has it back after when we see her during Anduin's little light show.

As for the Stormheim clip, they likely hadn't thought of using this ability of hers yet, she was overconfident with Genn and given her choice of weapon is her bow usually, it would seem out of character to go banshee form in 1 v 1 battle against some dog, or it was just a plot device.

I for one, definitely want to see more banshee mode, even if we just get it in heroes of the storm. xD

As for Maiev vs Sylvanas, I enjoy both characters, (although Sylvanas much more and of late I've found Maiev a bit annoying, especially with her 'couple quarrelling' in Cathedral of Eternal Night) but I think Sylvanas would emerge victorious given her larger experience with a large variety of foes, she also has the being undead advantage whereas Maiev is pretty much just a night elf.
10/11/2017 09:01Posted by Hexenbiest
08/11/2017 16:01Posted by Lswindrunner

Nah I noticed her bow go onto her back during the banshee bit and she has it back after when we see her during Anduin's little light show.

As for the Stormheim clip, they likely hadn't thought of using this ability of hers yet, she was overconfident with Genn and given her choice of weapon is her bow usually, it would seem out of character to go banshee form in 1 v 1 battle against some dog, or it was just a plot device.

I for one, definitely want to see more banshee mode, even if we just get it in heroes of the storm. xD

As for Maiev vs Sylvanas, I enjoy both characters, (although Sylvanas much more and of late I've found Maiev a bit annoying, especially with her 'couple quarrelling' in Cathedral of Eternal Night) but I think Sylvanas would emerge victorious given her larger experience with a large variety of foes, she also has the being undead advantage whereas Maiev is pretty much just a night elf.

Isn't Maiev 10k years old ? Shouldn't she be the one with the larger variety of foes, because she even travels trough outlands ?
08/11/2017 15:16Posted by Zhaarija

And what great achievements has Maiev done? Besides betraying her leaders again and again?

Sylvanas wins hand down. Now if you want a realy interesting match up do Sylvanas vs Tyrande (the one who was actually blessed by Elune).

Uhhh, how about solo two small armies and kill the Betrayer? I didn't see Sylvanas take out her arch nemesis.

10/11/2017 09:01Posted by Hexenbiest

Larger experience? Maiev has been hunting down the most dangerous things on Azeroth for 10,000 years. She's hunted demons, demon hunters, elementals, satyr, etc. All enemies of the night elves, she's hunted. She owned the Illidari with only a raised hand. Sylvanas would be in for a huge challenge.
08/11/2017 15:16Posted by Zhaarija

Maiev constantly betraying her leaders? She was doing her job as a warden perfectly fine until her "leader" broke into the wardens den, killing her people and freeding illidan. Despite being betrayed by tyrande she still stayed true to her job and tried to hunt down illidan again

08/11/2017 05:55Posted by Lswindrunner

Thats just you being a fanboy wanting to see your favorite char being overpowered. If she was that strong she wouldnt be killed by crowley with a normal blunderbuss. She isnt invulnerable. She is a banshee and can turn incorporeal like alot of ghosts can. But that doesnt mean anything as fancy as being invulnerable
Maiev constantly betraying her leaders? She was doing her job as a warden perfectly fine until her "leader" broke into the wardens den, killing her people and freeding illidan. Despite being betrayed by tyrande she still stayed true to her job and tried to hunt down illidan again

Tyrande is her direct military superior - not releasing Illidan was treason. Oh and do you remember that time she lied to Malfurion about Tyrande being killed by the undead? Or maybe that time Maiev tried to kill Malfurion? The only reason Maiev is not hunted and killed like a rabid animal is the endless forgiveness of the night elven leaders.