Troll rp Kai`ju tribe , Primal and awesome!

Argent Dawn
1 2 3 6 Next
Kai`ju Tribe - children of frost, beast and nature.

We are the former exiled, the shattered and hated even for the Horde with their degenerated mix of races and cultures. On the brink of extinction we have lived hidden and forgotten but not beaten.

We have fought everything from our distant kindred to aqir, corrupted tol`vir guardians,the scourge, the alliance and the Horde. Twice we followed the Zandalari who was said to be the wisest of us all, united under their banners in the Empire of Zul and the rise of the Thunder king.
Many of us have fallen to the scourge and now forced to join the demons of the legion. Yet all it have lead to is more loss of our own kind.

Our lives,bodies and culture is shaped by our harsh environment that we live in, and the wars we fought since beginning of time. We are the true children of nature and we reflect every aspect of this including death and destruction just as the circle of life.

Some see us as brutal and harsh, cruel and hostile yet we know that to be strong, to endure over time and empires we must raise our whelps and tribe with only room for the strongest and death to the weak.
Our territories are lost our empires gone, yet we are not beaten nor defeated. Once more we will gather in numbers and reclaim our ancestral homes.

Who are we?
We are the trolls of Kai`ju, in our blood is the ancient kindred forged by battle, mountains and blood. Founded by a former ice troll now embracing all trolls to join the calling of a different future

ooc information.

The Kai`ju tribe is a troll tribe who slowly starts to grow in numbers as the Den Mother blessed by Rhunòks spirit seeks to unite all shattered trolls under a new tribe name.

We are dedicated role players who wish to embrace the more brute and harsh tribal role play style. A place where only the strong survive and where the suspicious towards outsiders is great though a wish to seek contacts and allied to once and for all crush the true enemies of alliance. This is a tribe of trolls who might be hard and disciplined yet very protective of their own.
We seek to fill our ranks with you who can accept a bit gore and brute rp, who understand that nods and who eats first at the campfire is as much role play as going on travels and adventures. Role players and characters who understand internal hierarchy is not just to feel a bow or below but it is something to achieve in character wise. You who understand a tribe can have many intrigues and plots, everyday life that gives you a more authentic feeling yet added with the magic and fantasy that world of Warcraft can offer.

We also embrace the wow settings around us and uses in game items to enhance the role play. Examples of this is :

If you wish to cook and serve food, you hunt your food or take it from the storage. You use a recipe and you actually serve it to the others combind with e motes.
If you are a leatherworker who skins animal for the tribe you actually have to use skinning and craft things.

Travels
Most of the time we travel full in character. This mean we do not just ignore animal mobs or even the common npc guards. We embrace what is around us and act accordingly.

Genders

It is also important to know we do role play out gender and class differences. This means that females are not seen as lesser but in many aspects weaker and they have other tasks and roles to for fill then the males. This do not mean they can not defend them self or kill but their main tasks is to take care of whelps, cooking, crafting skills and in some cases voodoo, mending and ceremonies if they have a talent for this. However they are also the most valued access of the tribe since females and whelps show if a tribe have a future, prosper or is doomed to fail.
Do not mistake these females as weak, they are not. After all who would survive in a troll tribe if not the strongest or smartest.

Who can join us?
We accept ice trolls from all tribes and corners, males as females. If they pass the trials they will become Kai`ju trolls and the past do not matter.

What about other trolls?

As many ice trolls are cannibals there might be a risk that a strange Darkspear or Raventusk could possibly end up as dinner so if you are another sub race then Ice troll you must be aware of the risks. You might be looked down upon at first and having to prove yourself even more, however once you have done so and passed the trials you will be a Kai`ju and one of us no matter past. So in other words even a Darkspear can join if they can follow the old ways and endure the harsh culture.

What about other races?
No other races allowed more then in our ooc rank.
( And yes we have one tauren pet but that it *snickers*)

Other important information.

We do not run around in active Horde cities on a regular base. If we need to investigate or have other reasons to be around these places we are always in disguise.
( exception is for trolls not ice trolls by birth).( And no former Drakkari would even try to blend in as we know their bodies do not look like most trolls.)

Some of our ceremonies and spiritual travels is something done alone and to share this with the others from an ooc perspective we ask our members to post their stories and travels on our website. ( Mandatory)

Our guild chat is in character to maintain as much of the role play feelings as possible but we do have another ooc channel to make sure we have a friendly and good ooc atmosphere.

Outfits
There is no demand on uniform but on color theme fitting for the tribes location.
We normally dress in grey,white,dark blue, black to fit in to our environments. Fur, leather, bones and and dead enemies decorate our outfits.
However as the Kaiju tribe travels we will craft and adjust to different environments and this also includes the outfits.

Mounts
Our normal mount is the bear but only a full tribe member is allowed to use it. This after they raise a cub from very young to eventually be able to mount it and have it as a life long companion. The most honored bear companion is the polar bear.
In other areas we might tame, capture or use other mounts.

Mercenaries
Kai`ju can for the right reason offer its services to other groups. However we do not bother with coins. We deal with trade, oaths and support to our own agenda to clear out all dwarfs from the lands we once inhabit. Rumors say the Kai`ju have many ice trolls and it is known they are feared and brute fighters with a culture who do not let them be captured or fail.
Any oath taken with the Kai`ju is considered sealed until executed fully.
( According to official lore it be know that ice trolls have acted as mercenaries in the past)

Death or betraying the tribe.
Each player decide over their own character and death however once you join the Kai`ju your character do not leave it alive. This means you are ofc free to leave ooc but then we recommend you to make a new char( name) as your character would be hunted down and killed for betraying the tribe.

ooc guild atmosphere.
We might play serious ic however we have a very friendly supportive ooc channel who is filled with laugh and craziness. We also have a discord channel to allow all our members to be updated with the rest of the guild and the progress.

We are also part of a growing community in Dun Morogh and around and though the dwarfs are gnomes are our ic enemies we have a blast ooc together.

Support.
Within the guild all members are allowed to create events and host different things. We believe in sharing responsibility and allowing all members the possibility to be creative.

If you wish to know more you can add your questions here or poke Zulzekka or any other member.
Aren't Kai'ju the big monsters from Pacific Rim??
13/10/2017 13:56Posted by Narresh
Aren't Kai'ju the big monsters from Pacific Rim??

It's a genre of japanese giant monster movies. Godzilla comes to mind.
Nice to see some interest. *smile*

The name of the tribe is based on this:

"Kai'ju" = Might translate to "frost" or "frozen", as in the Elemental Unrest event, Gahz'rilla was summoned bearing another name: Kai'ju Gahz'rilla. The hydra has also always used ice-related abilities.

It is not any official lore based around it though.
Genders

It is also important to know we do role play out gender differences. This means that females are not seen as lesser but in many aspects weaker and they have other tasks and roles to for fill then the males. This do not mean they can not defend them self or kill but their main tasks is to take care of whelps, cooking, crafting skills and in some cases voodoo, mending and ceremonies if they have a talent for this. However they are also the most valued access of the tribe since females and whelps show if a tribe have a future, prosper or is doomed to fail.
Do not misstake these females as weak, they are not. After all who would survive in a ice troll tribe if not the strongest or smartest.

This is arbitrary head-canon that is pervasive across Troll-RP.
Hi Najih

I know the discussions about the past over all troll culture, what is cannon and not can be debated. Also the fact blizzard tends to change official lore and non official from time to time so I will not say what is and not in this case.

All I can say is we wish to do it in this way to add another layer and aspect of the tribe life. It is a personal choice within our concept and nothing we would demand or expect from any others.
13/10/2017 14:32Posted by Zulzekka
Nice to see some interest. *smile*

The name of the tribe is based on this:

"Kai'ju" = Might translate to "frost" or "frozen", as in the Elemental Unrest event, Gahz'rilla was summoned bearing another name: Kai'ju Gahz'rilla. The hydra has also always used ice-related abilities.

It is not any official lore based around it though.

The large Gahz'rilla's new prefix was a reference to the Japanese movie genre.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiju
I like the idea, but how is the guild chat is IC going to work? Since to me that just seems to be making things more difficult for yourselves, unless of course you have a reason ICly that you want to use the guild chat that way?
Hi Bresga. thank you for liking our concept.

*whispers* Beside we are actually not that far from you dwarfs so hide your children when the winter winds blow hard and the snowstorm prevent you from a clear view. *grins between her sharp tusks*

Ahh for someone not used to ic guild chats it might seams strange or weird. However personally I have always preferred ic guild chats for a few reasons.

ooc wise

G chats at times can be spammed with stuff and then it can be harder to really focus on your role play and get that awesome feeling of being " one with your character" . It is easier to leave an regular created ooc channel then your guild chat when you do not want to read ooc stuff no matter how awesome your guild mates might be.

Ic
Some uses gnomish inventions or special stones to make up a good reason.
We connect the once who have passed all three trials and becomes one of us. This is done with blood ceremonies and a carved in magical Chrystal that allow us to communicate with other tribe members.

Hope that answered your question.
As the sun sank behind the mountains we gathered at our camp. A new female had traveled across the valleys with a wish to join and another male had finished his first to trial tests and was waiting to be initiated together with another female. Around the camp the whelps in different ages was playing yet they all carried weapon and always kept an eye towards their surroundings knowing that we would never be fully safe here. Yet another troll came this evening seeking to rest at the camp, eating our food and feeding his bear companion.
I will not go in to details of all that happened but one whelp got wounded, the new female showed her skills in mending and the male trialist failed his initiation.
As the evening turned to night only Maz the devoted passed the initiation and with sacrifice of flesh and blood she became a new, a Kai`ju.
Now two is traveling towards the highest mountains seeking the blessing of our bear spirit and we pray they will return to become one of us soon.
Frost Trolls best Trolls <3 Good luck!
Great concept, would absolutely have given you a shot if I had the time! Maybe one day, but until then: Best of luck! ;)

13/10/2017 15:38Posted by Najih

This is arbitrary head-canon that is pervasive across Troll-RP.

My sides.
15/10/2017 17:52Posted by Agminalis
Frost Trolls best Trolls <3 Good luck!

False. Darkspear master race. OT: Good luck, I support a guild like this that keeps you wimpy frost trolls out of horde territoreh
Thanks for the support awesome Argent Dawn peps.

A bit hard to recruit fellow ice trolls since we can not really walk around open in Orgrimmar and the normal troll villages. I hope the word will spread over this forum instead.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ganiya, there is always possibilities for some ic plots and interaction between two enemy groups. if you " dare" *smirk*.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When it comes to this discussion about gender differences I fear there are some misunderstandings about my text.
There is no where in my post I say females are "lesser". We try to embrace a tribe atmosphere where tasks and duties are different. We and let me point out " we" as just within our own concept not what the server players should do or not, wishes to enhance the fact that males are bigger and physical mostly stronger. This do not mean a female troll within the tribe can not gain powers or have a high position. It is only done with other means and influence.
I hope this have cleared out any concerns about "arbitrary head-canon".
When it comes to "is pervasive across Troll-RP" there is nothing I can say about this. Personally I have seen very " little " role play about any kind of gender differences within troll rp and hardly even any " hierarchy and status" role play.
I have seen a lot more role play about status within orc guilds and groups then any trolls and to embrace a " tribe" atmosphere where one have to " work" to gain your status in character it is something we wish to include in our concept.

Yes some might call this style a bit " hard core rp" and not suited for everyone and that is all fine. I am sure there are guilds and groups for each and every flavor.

I hope this cleared out any misunderstandings.
13/10/2017 19:24Posted by Zulzekka
Hi Bresga. thank you for liking our concept.

*whispers* Beside we are actually not that far from you dwarfs so hide your children when the winter winds blow hard and the snowstorm prevent you from a clear view. *grins between her sharp tusks*

Ahh for someone not used to ic guild chats it might seams strange or weird. However personally I have always preferred ic guild chats for a few reasons.

ooc wise

G chats at times can be spammed with stuff and then it can be harder to really focus on your role play and get that awesome feeling of being " one with your character" . It is easier to leave an regular created ooc channel then your guild chat when you do not want to read ooc stuff no matter how awesome your guild mates might be.

Ic
Some uses gnomish inventions or special stones to make up a good reason.
We connect the once who have passed all three trials and becomes one of us. This is done with blood ceremonies and a carved in magical Chrystal that allow us to communicate with other tribe members.

Hope that answered your question.

So.... Why not make a separate channel for IC interactions instead of having the guild chat be IC?

I always considered it a bit awkward whenever a guild decided to employ the guild chat for IC purposes and people would have to dive in to a separate chat for OOC interactions (Especially, if memory serves, back in the day where if you spoke in different channels, it didn't automatically let you message in that channel and it was a bit of a hassle). That and people pretty much commonly expect the guild chat being the OOC chat, it's like... Pretty much hardwired at this point.

But oh well, that is my view on it. Otherwise, concept sounds reasonable, go around and eat yourselves all you wish, gore and brute RP is not my thing (Not that I am squeamish, I just see it as... Elements that do not feel necessary at all)
To answer your question mr Tubri

16/10/2017 12:23Posted by Tubri
So.... Why not make a separate channel for IC interactions instead of having the guild chat be IC

Because first of all we are an role play guild who want to focus on the role play. The ooc is less.

I always considered it a bit awkward

As for most who are not used to it, but one learn fast and then it feels all normal.

back in the day where if you spoke in different channels, it didn't automatically let you message in that channel and it was a bit of a hassle). That and people pretty much commonly expect the guild chat being the OOC chat, it's like... Pretty much hardwired at this point.

Well again, as we wish to enhance the " role play" not the ooc aspect the automatic channel then works better being the ic channel.

Yes I have seen over the years people expect things to be in a specific way as it have developed in some direction. However I have no wish to follow main stream or what is expected as long as you do not break official lore and can not role play with others around you in that sense. I believe in being creative and develop to what works for a concept and theme and like posted before we aim to be pretty devoted in our style and actions.

gore and brute RP is not my thing (Not that I am squeamish, I just see it as... Elements that do not feel necessary at all

Well gore and brute is not something that is there all the time but since we wish to really act out the most brute and cruel troll sub race known I think it is important to type this out before someone wish to join us. This guild is not for someone who wish cuddle sweet rp singing at the campfire or hanging at the bar in Orgrimmar. *smile*

Perhaps a grilled goblin shall be on the menu tonight *smirk*.
Since I am on a phone and editing out quotes is a bit of a hassle, I will respond in this manner:

First paragraph: All Roleplaying guilds like to focus on the "IC side of things", they wouldn't be Roleplaying guilds if they didn't. But that doesn't mean that it suddenly means they are going to automatically employing strict chat moderation rules for the guild chat and other channels to try and stand out more from the other guilds. I mean they are most welcome to it, but there are bound to be people looking at it and start questioning "Why is this here?", just like I am now.

Second paragraph: I was in a guild a long time ago that had this employed. Nearly every day people messaged in guild chat by accident (And were promptly hassled by the guild leader/present officer about how guild chat is IC), and had to rely on Officer chat for OOC interaction. My point is, people are more likely to turn to the standard guild chat for OOC reactions rather than go to a specialized one, and I imagine you will often have people do the same. But hey, at least the different chat channels are sticky now so if you message in one chanel, you stick to it instead of reverting back to a different chat.

Third paragraph: I feel like you're trailing off on to a different topic than what I pretty much imposed. You are most welcome to make your guild chat be IC, but don't expect people to not question it. However not sure where we got to "Creativity and not breaking the lore of the world" from a talk about channel usage...

Fourth paragraph: You are welcome to your Troll brutality or whatever, and I wish you luck with it, but you don't have to sound patronizing about it with your description on the "Cuddly singing campfire" part. But that is my perception anyway.

Fifth Paragraph: Doubt we will be meeting, I am mostly playing on a different server, and my AD character which is actually named Tubri is still a level 1 Warrior.

Long-winded reply, I know, but then again this is a place of discussion and I wanna discuss stuff.
As I said you guys are more then welcome to ask any questions I shall try to do my best to answer them. *smile*

16/10/2017 13:18Posted by Tubri
that it suddenly means they are going to automatically employing strict chat moderation rules for the guild chat and other channels to try and stand out more from the other guilds.

True but on the other hand this is not suddenly for me. In my years since vanilla and leading different guilds I have personally always preferred a ic guild chat and that is why I am doing so now. For me it helps to be more " ic" then ooc and that is the feeling I wish to have now, for me and my awesome guildies.

I also agree there are plenty of mistakes done when someone who is not used to this forget the ic guild chat and others reminds them. But if one is willing to remind in a kind and supporting manner then its not a biggy for us.

Ahh perhaps I was trailing off topic due to other responses in the past. Apologize for that and like I said more then welcome to answer questions as long as the posts are constructive and polite.

If you misunderstood my cuddle campfire comment for patronizing then I apologize if that was how it was read. I never wish to be patronizing ooc and from my perspective it was just a way to express the different styles of rp, just as you commented gore and brute not necessary elements in rp is something I take the same way.

Meeting up ic or ending as " dinner" was a joke.

Hope this cleared up your questions sir.
16/10/2017 14:42Posted by Zulzekka
As I said you guys are more then welcome to ask any questions I shall try to do my best to answer them. *smile*

16/10/2017 13:18Posted by Tubri
that it suddenly means they are going to automatically employing strict chat moderation rules for the guild chat and other channels to try and stand out more from the other guilds.

True but on the other hand this is not suddenly for me. In my years since vanilla and leading different guilds I have personally always preferred a ic guild chat and that is why I am doing so now. For me it helps to be more " ic" then ooc and that is the feeling I wish to have now, for me and my awesome guildies.

I also agree there are plenty of mistakes done when someone who is not used to this forget the ic guild chat and others reminds them. But if one is willing to remind in a kind and supporting manner then its not a biggy for us.

Ahh perhaps I was trailing off topic due to other responses in the past. Apologize for that and like I said more then welcome to answer questions as long as the posts are constructive and polite.

If you misunderstood my cuddle campfire comment for patronizing then I apologize if that was how it was read. I never wish to be patronizing ooc and from my perspective it was just a way to express the different styles of rp, just as you commented gore and brute not necessary elements in rp is something I take the same way.

Meeting up ic or ending as " dinner" was a joke.

Hope this cleared up your questions sir.

Alright, I am satisfied.... For now *dramatic stare*

No really, I am satisfied.
* He passed the trials and the loas had approve the new Kai`ju Jin. The others was kneeling down as he walked out of the tribe hut and non raised their head before he nodded in approval. In the cold winter air the tension of something new could be felt. Soon they would gather their strength and let their weapons drink the blood they cried for*