Artifact Ability and next expansion

General
Will we keep it or is it gone for good? Would hate to loose Stormkeeper :)
06/11/2017 07:03Posted by Ally
Will we keep it or is it gone for good? Would hate to loose Stormkeeper :)

Not sure, but I feel the same about Exploding Keg. :(
Same with my fire mages Phoenix Flames.
Some of the traits will probably be worked into your specc as a default or maybe as talents.
voidturrent is gloryfied mind flay, it will not be missed.

cant wait to get rid of this bloody dagger tbh. soon as i find decent replacement im throwing into the abyss of outland.
As far as stormkeeper goes, according to SE&L and blizzcon demo, it gets reworked (no bonus damage, 2 next LB/CL procs Static Overload on every target) and replaces Lightning Rod talent
06/11/2017 07:29Posted by Southseas
Same with my fire mages Phoenix Flames.

Phoenix Flames becomes a talent.
Some artifact abilities are coming as talents, atm those are: Ele, Ret, Fire, Outlaw and Assassination (Although you dont get Kingsbane but Poison Bomb)

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275485/all-the-new-battle-for-azeroth-talents-and-calculator-now-live
We haven't nailed down the specifics on which artifact abilities and traits will be carried forward into the next expansion, though we have heard from players that some traits feel like core parts of their rotation now. So, where possible (and feasible), we will be looking into carrying over those traits as talents or passives. Note, this doesn't mean that everything will be carried forward.

Look for more specifics on this as we head into beta which, before you ask, I don't have a date for yet either. :p Soon™
06/11/2017 11:30Posted by Volstadt
As far as stormkeeper goes, according to SE&L and blizzcon demo, it gets reworked (no bonus damage, 2 next LB/CL procs Static Overload on every target) and replaces Lightning Rod talent

confirmed through video footage and wowhead guides
I wonder if the boomkin's "drop a moon from the sky in three sizes" spell stays. I played it a lot and it would be hard to miss if it's suddenly gone. I do kind of get that it's just an extra generator spell though, and it's just another astral spell in a sea of others - removing it would help with the lack of balance in balance. (no solar-astral just mostly astral) :D

I won't miss naaru-on-a-stick or its spell much, but the Valarjar appearance is cool, I like that I can keep it. To be honest I'm such a scrub I forget to use the artifact spell most of the time and the naaru itself appearing is just visual clutter. Half the time it startles me and I have to step aside because it covers something important to me! XD
http://www.wowhead.com/news=275485/all-the-new-battle-for-azeroth-talents-and-calculator-now-live?webhook/all-the-new-battle-for-azeroth-talents-and-calculator-now-live

According to this - Paladins get Wake of Ashes as a Tier 100 row talent.

Other similar treatment too Shaman Stormkeeper / Fire Mage Pheonix.

Think i saw rogue outlaw??? have a read.
06/11/2017 07:56Posted by Ðeáth
voidturrent is gloryfied mind flay, it will not be missed.

cant wait to get rid of this bloody dagger tbh. soon as i find decent replacement im throwing into the abyss of outland.

not before it corrupts your soul leaving you a empty husk a thrall to the old gods like all its previous masters :D
06/11/2017 12:01Posted by Aerythlea
We haven't nailed down the specifics on which artifact abilities and traits will be carried forward into the next expansion, though we have heard from players that some traits feel like core parts of their rotation now. So, where possible (and feasible), we will be looking into carrying over those traits as talents or passives. Note, this doesn't mean that everything will be carried forward.

Look for more specifics on this as we head into beta which, before you ask, I don't have a date for yet either. :p Soon™

Warlock here.

It'll feel very odd not having my Floaty Skullfriend if he disappears.

Edit: By which I mean more the visual than the consumption ability. It's the most persistent visual uniqueness given to warlocks in a long time and I'd love to keep the "floating thing" look.

Double Edit: I like TK's Consumption, but I think you're probably going to do a heavy rework on demo again and it'll probably vanish along with that. TKC is a more enjoyable part of the Demo rotation, but it also ties into the "spam empowerment" issues that a lot of people dislike. I personally find demo fairly enjoyable at the moment, but I am playing a lot more destro because destro seems to survive and burst better in world content.

I won't care if Dimensional Rift goes. It's visually cool, but outside of the legendary shoulders that buff your damage, it's "just" an addition to burst window capacity and a small source of resources that you don't worry too much about using "correctly".

Reap Souls is a big part of Affliction's gameplay at this time and I can't see the spec gaining anything from losing it. In addition, it's not a big cooldown or visually cluttered spell for other players, so there is little to lose in keeping Reap gameplay as-is.
Apocalypse is a must. Could not see me playing UH without it.
Don’t like the idea of Wake of Ashes being on the same talent row as Crusader.

Also hate that divine intervention is gone.
If i was a Fury WArrior I'd want to keep Odin's Fury but as a DH I dont want to keep Fury of the Illidari, as its a boring Bladestorm-like button and isnt rly interesting in its current iteration. Give us something more interesting pls.
Some abilites really needs to be made baseline, some are just the core concept of the spec to make it any good or work in somewhat a decent way, and if these were made into talents well then the class will be so boring to play if you cannot choose that talent.
Such as Balance Druids, Ret Paladins, Fire Mages etc.

Others dont really are in a big need to use it, because its not a core ability to actually make the class for what it is such as Fury Warriors, (Most of the tanks), Some healers, Arcane Mage etc.

But it would be unfair to give certain specs their artifact ability baseline, so I honestly think every ability should be made baseline for the classes and specs. I think that would be fair since we're basically throwing away our Artifact and all of that hours spent on griding artifact power :)
Poison Bomb better not stay as a PASSIVE talent. Make it on-use please :)
06/11/2017 12:01Posted by Aerythlea

Bring back Heroic Strike and Shield block please. Ignore pain is dull as hell. Legit contrasts the identity to a warrior.