Advice for a new arena player?

Arenas
Hi there! I'm pretty new to arena (1300CR this season, 1600CR last) and I was wondering what kind of composition/partner I would be looking for in order to try and push for a better arena rating.

I'm not looking to be the best of the best, but I want to try and push 2000ish rating if I can so I can at least wear the elite appearances about.

How do I go about this? I'm Affliction, so do I need to look into a healer buddy, or?
For 2s you'll want a resto shaman, for 3s its the same really, paired with warrior/rogue/feral/spriest, afflis in a decent spot atm so it works with most top tier classes
Proper advice? Dont PvP in WoW.
23/09/2017 22:21Posted by Zephx
For 2s you'll want a resto shaman, for 3s its the same really, paired with warrior/rogue/feral/spriest, afflis in a decent spot atm so it works with most top tier classes

If I can ask, what is it about a Resto Shaman which synergises well with Affliction? OR is RSham just a top-tier healer atm?
23/09/2017 22:46Posted by Koshdrol
23/09/2017 22:21Posted by Zephx

If I can ask, what is it about a Resto Shaman which synergises well with Affliction? OR is RSham just a top-tier healer atm?

Probably earth shield dmg reduction, so you don't get deleted in 2 sec every game and decent healing in dampening since locks can't kill anything fast.
Just dont.
If you really want to do it so much, play rogue, or get cancer.
Monk's cc dispeling your dots plus mw is the worst heal atm, so i do not recomend.
23/09/2017 22:03Posted by Koshdrol
Hi there! I'm pretty new to arena (1300CR this season, 1600CR last) and I was wondering what kind of composition/partner I would be looking for in order to try and push for a better arena rating.

I'm not looking to be the best of the best, but I want to try and push 2000ish rating if I can so I can at least wear the elite appearances about.

How do I go about this? I'm Affliction, so do I need to look into a healer buddy, or?
/quit or alt +f4 keybind it
Having only played pvp for 5 months and hitting 2k 4 times on multiple characters, I would say you should start playing more than just your warlock; start playing heals on alts, start playing other dps because playing them will make you a lot better player on whichever character you choose to main in the future.

For example, knowing disc priests can get rid of polymorph or hex on a 12s cd
with premonition. Or knowing that shamans can pretty much dodge most stuns and interrupts with grounding totem on a 30s cd.

Of course these things you might learn by simply playing your warlock, but playing a lot more than just your warlock makes you a much better and well rounded player overall.

Also, playing other classes / roles might change your main completely; I was playing warrior and but I absolutely hated it, switched to resto shaman / holy pala and it's the most fun I've had.

In regards to you playing affliction, I wouldn't really recommend playing it in 2s because the meta is pretty much feral / frost dk, and they will just line of sight you until they have burst then repeat until you are dead. In 3's all warlock specs are relevant of course, but you will most likely be trained the whole game unless you are playing with another caster.

Of course you can push 2k with affliction but you'd have to be quite decent and have a healer who can keep you up for some time. Which makes me get onto the next part; finding healers.

I guarantee you, it will be extremely difficult for you to hit 2k for the first time as dps because there are few healers who are stuck in your predicament; most healers are either completely garbage, or 2k exp+ and nothing else in between.

You won't hit 2k with garbage heals especially as a warlock, 2k+ exp people won't take you, so in your case I would recommend what I did, which was to learn healing on one of the classes and hit 2k with that first. Most people will overlook low xp if you are healing, and if you truly have any potential to be good, you will definitely improve slowly but surely.

If I were you i'd start in 2s with whatever (healing or dps) as you can make more mistakes as games are a lot slower and stuns are not as important, whereas in 3s anyone on your team can pretty much die in a stun.

I wish you best of luck but I think the new player PvP experience is very unforgiving and it will require a lot of trying to push rating, though as long as you got some persistence you can definitely make it.
Get some proper macros should be the first thing to do.
Play demon hunter.

Even if you play bad you will still win.