PvP pet tournament (Eu+Ru)

Pet Battles
No healing teams eh? I guess nothing like a 400 turn game to slow down a tournament!

But I'll deffo sign up. It will be super fun to try out some of these kewl new pets in a tourney.
03/02/2018 00:34Posted by Спиннинг
Hello everyone!

We will be hosting the tournament on Sunday Feb 4th, 2pm London time.
Garrison, ally side, will summon everyone.
Format as usual - three battles, till 2 wins.
Everyone rolls for the draft.
Everbody will play everyone.
Only one pet from each family.
Talking in discord - https://discord.gg/P723wQn
All pets allowed except:
Terroclaw
Bone serpent
Broot+Ancient+Sunflower
Crawdad
Emperor Crab
Orphaned Felbat
Wicked soul+Kid

Rewards:
1st place - purple puffer
2nd - moon moon
3rd - death adder
Bonus: who rolls 100, wins emerald whelpling

A tournament is a tournament, people should be able to bring whatever obtainable in game pets and breeds they like. By saying they can't is akin to stating that a sub rogue, holy pala, etc, etc can't be part of a 3v3 team.
14/09/2018 07:23Posted by Lswindrunner
03/02/2018 00:34Posted by Спиннинг
Hello everyone!

We will be hosting the tournament on Sunday Feb 4th, 2pm London time.
Garrison, ally side, will summon everyone.
Format as usual - three battles, till 2 wins.
Everyone rolls for the draft.
Everbody will play everyone.
Only one pet from each family.
Talking in discord - https://discord.gg/P723wQn
All pets allowed except:
Terroclaw
Bone serpent
Broot+Ancient+Sunflower
Crawdad
Emperor Crab
Orphaned Felbat
Wicked soul+Kid

Rewards:
1st place - purple puffer
2nd - moon moon
3rd - death adder
Bonus: who rolls 100, wins emerald whelpling

A tournament is a tournament, people should be able to bring whatever obtainable in game pets and breeds they like. By saying they can't is akin to stating that a sub rogue, holy pala, etc, etc can't be part of a 3v3 team.

1. I don't make the rules. Ban list is open, people who signed up wanted those pets banned.
2. I thought it was obvious - time constraints. It will take 2 hours for 10 contenders to battle it out. If people will play heal teams we won't have enough time.
3. Healing specs are not allowed in arena 2v2 skirmishes for a reason.
14/09/2018 09:37Posted by Спиннинг
14/09/2018 07:23Posted by Lswindrunner

1. I don't make the rules. Ban list is open, people who signed up wanted those pets banned.
2. I thought it was obvious - time constraints. It will take 2 hours for 10 contenders to battle it out. If people will play heal teams we won't have enough time.
3. Healing specs are not allowed in arena 2v2 skirmishes for a reason.

1+2: A good player should be skilled against all pets, not just some, people saying they don't want to play against this or that is just dumb. Bone Serpent was nerfed and yet people still crying that they don't want to meet it is kind of pathetic (imo).

3: Pets are played in 3v3 not 2v2, healers in 3v3 are allowed and not all the pets in the 'I don't want to meet' list are healers.

If people cba to set aside the time for a (serious) competition, they shouldn't bother signing up. People don't sign up for progress raids and say 'sorry, I can only play 90 mins'.
So? We had tournaments in the past with all pets allowed. For this one, people wanted to see some pets banned. I don’t understand what are you trying to convey.
Lswindrunner I think that was the old banned list.

I think the new one is (Please correct me if I'm wrong though Спиннинг)

Ban list:
-Broot+Blossoming Ancient+Singing Sunflower+Fozling
-Crawdad+Emperor Crab
-Twilight Clutch Sister

As you can see this list is comprised only of the Uber-Healing pets that could ruin the tournament with slow games (Imagine Healing vs Healing Team)

Other than that it looks like its just the clearly Broken TCS and the Emperor Crab on the list. The Emperor crab while not broken can solo certain teams so I think its reasonable to ban. However if you want that moveset in a P/P crab just choose the Spirebound Crab instead.
14/09/2018 12:49Posted by Visciousvic

Ban list:
-Crawdad+Emperor Crab
-Twilight Clutch Sister

As you can see this list is comprised only of the Uber-Healing pets that could ruin the tournament with slow games (Imagine Healing vs Healing Team)

Other than that it looks like its just the clearly Broken TCS and the Emperor Crab on the list. The Emperor crab while not broken can solo certain teams so I think its reasonable to ban. However if you want that moveset in a P/P crab just choose the Spirebound Crab instead.

Would have been helpful for the OP to inc the newer banned list instead of the old one.
14/09/2018 21:06Posted by Lswindrunner
14/09/2018 12:49Posted by Visciousvic

Ban list:
-Crawdad+Emperor Crab
-Twilight Clutch Sister

Would have been helpful for the OP to inc the newer banned list instead of the old one.

I did. You are looking at the wrong post.
Please please please say you are going LSwind?
16/09/2018 06:37Posted by Rosqo
Please please please say you are going LSwind?

Sorry to disappoint, too much stuff to do atm.

However I will more than make up for it by soon posting the cleverest strategy that anyone in the world has ever come up with. (Yes, it is that good)

Soon as I get my Alli rogue to an appropriate lv to enable me to steal Sylv's skin so that I can make the vid, I I'll post the strat.
Howdy everyone! Friendly reminder - we are hosting a tournament in 3 hours. All are welcome to join. My btag is in the tournament announcement post. Cheers!
Hello everyone!

Tournament results:

1st place - Kirigirri, 8 wins / 1 loss
2nd place - Nickrot, 7 wins / 2 losses
3rd place - Спиннинг, 6 wins / 2 losses
4th place - Arni and Remte with equal # of wins and losses

Spineclaw crab goes to Kirigirri on Outland EU.
Rebellious imp goes to Nickrot on Silvermoon EU.
Snobold runt goes to me on Deathguard RU.

Total winnings - 200,000 gold in pets.

Very well played by Kirigirri and Nickrot, congratulations once again!
Cheers!
What were the winning teams?
Hi Nahali,

Blightbreath, droplet of y´sharjj, snarly
Rebellious imp, basilisk, magma rageling
Wyrmy, fox, blazehound
Widget, twilight, frostfur rat

Thanks.
Wow. I admire your memory. When I do play, I literally can't remember what I used two games ago.

Rebellious imp, basilisk, magma rageling (with the trap, I presume)? really? I wouldn't have thought of that. Seems kind of risky. Hmmm. Interesting. Might try it sometime (if I remember :).
19/10/2018 16:12Posted by Gráinne
Wow. I admire your memory. When I do play, I literally can't remember what I used two games ago.

Rebellious imp, basilisk, magma rageling (with the trap, I presume)? really? I wouldn't have thought of that. Seems kind of risky. Hmmm. Interesting. Might try it sometime (if I remember :).
Well, I lost to those teams, and these are the teams that went undefeated throughout the tournament. Magma rageling with the trap yes. Kinda scary that it drs with the basilisk stun, but Lich ran magma wave with it so...
Yes, one of my teams was Magma Rageling, P/P Rebellious Imp, and a Scalded Basilisk Hatchling. The Rageling uses Magma Wave and the trap. The strategy would normally be like this: I start with the Imp; use Immolation and do a basic attack or two until it is at 40-50% HP; free switch to the Basilisk and use all of its abilities; free switch to the Rageling, cast a trap, do Flame Jet, and then spam aoe until the Rageling dies. Then it’s Imp>Basilisk until the game ends. Sometimes I might get the Rageling out after doing its combo by switching to the Imp and repeating everything all over again.
When will be the next one ?
22/10/2018 11:20Posted by Kappador
When will be the next one ?
Howdy, Kappador. In January 2019. Cheers!