Will we keep artifact looks?

General
10/10/2017 10:49Posted by Lightglass
10/10/2017 10:36Posted by Aerythlea
If you don't earn those before the end of Legion, you won't be able to earn them after Legion - think of them as effectively the Challenge Mode sets of Legion.

Okay people, you know what to do. Conjure up an intricate web of complicating circumstances that prevent you from getting these appearances now, even though you're currently playing the game, so you can spend the rest of WoW's future petitioning Blizzard to re-add these rewards.

I would like to see the person who gets all the so called "skilled" models and recolors on all the classes...
The magnitude of what one needs to do compared to the Challenge modes is on a whole different level.

What most people with any sort of outside life will most likely do is to pick the ones they want the most and forsake the rest.

Getting them all one one character is quite more realistic though, perhaps Blizzard just wants us to chose and only play one character per expansion.
10/10/2017 18:27Posted by Eighjan
Blizz gave out all four to everyone that only earned ONE of them...? Citation, please (no, I didn't get any of them, but it might not sit well with those who didn't get all four for one egg).
Everyone who had at least 1 mount got access to all of the 4 at the end of MOP. They also became account wide after, while they were character specific at first. I use them a lot even though I only did 1 set of MOP CM achievements on my shaman.

10/10/2017 10:54Posted by Plamcia
One of my friend have problems to do raids, dungeons or bgs. Because she is scary when she play with some one else. She still think abotu this how bad her dps is how poor is her skill. So it is really hard to make her any progress in any mmo.

For some people things like this will be always unavaible to get :(
Mage tower is a solo endeavour so you can perfect your skill without prying eyes. No matter if it takes 1 try, 100 or 1000, as long as you have enough nethershards, you can keep trying. There's also a lot of videos and guides with tips & tricks, some of these can get outgeared too, so they became less difficult to complete.

Mythic +15 appearance if someone really wants, they can buy a boost for in-game gold (it's legal) and not worry about their performance, if they feel incapable of pulling their weight yet really like the skin. Even though, now +15 can be daunting but in few months it won't be as hard as everyone will get Antorus lfr (or higher) gear.

Tbh I think MMO is the first place where we should face our fears, since we have the veil of anonymity and the internet, it's much harder to face it irl face to face than online through our avatars. Facing your fear instead of constantly running away from it and hiding actually makes you feel great when you finally win against it. Instead of pitying yourself you can't do something you rise against the challenge, learn from failures and improve, then you can make impossible - possible.

The biggest issue in WOW to do mythic+ or mage tower is probably connection quality, if you have poor one, you might not be able to play WOW properly (lots of disconnects, lag, etc.), but most other things you can work around.
10/10/2017 21:34Posted by Eosferon
I would like to see the person who gets all the so called "skilled" models and recolors on all the classes...
The magnitude of what one needs to do compared to the Challenge modes is on a whole different level.

What most people with any sort of outside life will most likely do is to pick the ones they want the most and forsake the rest.
Yes, it's probably better if you pick and prioritize the ones you like the most, however the base mage tower skin has great advantage over MOP CM transmog - it's a solo activity. You don't rely on finding other 4 skilled people to fulfill specific roles, which was the biggest issue for MOP CMs.
10/10/2017 21:39Posted by Felisenda
10/10/2017 21:34Posted by Eosferon

Yes, it's probably better if you pick and prioritize the ones you like the most, however the base mage tower skin has great advantage over MOP CM transmog - it's a solo activity. You don't rely on finding other 4 skilled people to fulfill specific roles, which was the biggest issue for MOP CMs.

and it is a several times harder and more gear/legendary dependent (so it needs a huge grind) in comparison to at least the WoD CMs...
I do not know if I am just biased due the the protection paladin challenge tuning
10/10/2017 21:47Posted by Eosferon
10/10/2017 21:39Posted by Felisenda
... Yes, it's probably better if you pick and prioritize the ones you like the most, however the base mage tower skin has great advantage over MOP CM transmog - it's a solo activity. You don't rely on finding other 4 skilled people to fulfill specific roles, which was the biggest issue for MOP CMs.

and it is a several times harder and more gear/legendary dependent (so it needs a huge grind) in comparison to at least the WoD CMs...
I do not know if I am just biased due the the protection paladin challenge tuning

I wouldn't worry too much. With HC gear next patch starting at 945, and the legendary trinket that scales to ilvl 1000 and doesn't take up a "slot" , there really isn't an excuse to not get any of the skins if you really want them in the next patch
10/10/2017 23:39Posted by Waif

I wouldn't worry too much. With HC gear next patch starting at 945, and the legendary trinket that scales to ilvl 1000 and doesn't take up a "slot"

Whoa, that trinket is like an unstable arcanocrystal on steroids! Though I think I will clear this challenge sooner than that especially if the God pants drop any time soon

10/10/2017 23:39Posted by Waif
there really isn't an excuse to not get any of the skins if you really want them in the next patch

Which bring us to the matter of what on earth is the point to remove them as skill rewards if by the end of the expansion it will be so easy to brute force them with 950+ ilvl. It all boils down to the skins being a player retention measure to keep people grinding to get the skins.
What i want to know is if the appearances will be bound to their spec or if I will be able to transmog Holy appearances as a Shadowpriest or Resto Druid appearances as a Balance Druid.

Whoa, that trinket is like an unstable arcanocrystal on steroids! Though I think I will clear this challenge sooner than that especially if the God pants drop any time soon

Which bring us to the matter of what on earth is the point to remove them as skill rewards if by the end of the expansion it will be so easy to brute force them with 950+ ilvl. It all boils down to the skins being a player retention measure to keep people grinding to get the skins.

I know I'm gonna get slaughtered for this, but I like the fact that WoW has time limited items, it adds some history to wow and you can say you were "there" at that time. Challenge modes from MoP, WoD, AQ40 mount, all the elite pvp armors etc.

I think having "special snowflake" items is good. if everything was available to everyone, nothing would feel special.

For example, I think they really messed up when they removed the uniqueness of the Glory of the Raider mounts after naxxramas. I don't even bother with those achievs anymore, because I know that I can just go in and solo it in an expac or 2 later on
11/10/2017 07:22Posted by Waif

I know I'm gonna get slaughtered for this, but I like the fact that WoW has time limited items, it adds some history to wow and you can say you were "there" at that time. Challenge modes from MoP, WoD, AQ40 mount, all the elite pvp armors etc.

I think having "special snowflake" items is good. if everything was available to everyone, nothing would feel special.

For example, I think they really messed up when they removed the uniqueness of the Glory of the Raider mounts after naxxramas. I don't even bother with those achievs anymore, because I know that I can just go in and solo it in an expac or 2 later on

That is because you see such rewards as a rite of passage, a medal or a keepsake of older times as you said. It is pretty understandable.

I see them as lost customization to character looks and nothing else. To me it is like being told I cannot wear irl a Blue shirt with 2017 written on it because I did not bought it on 2017 and thus I cannot achieve the combination of clothes I wanted to wear...
Personally I think that only titles and feats should be exclusive since they do not affect customization. (that said I would share my titles at any day)

Your reasons as as good as any, thanks for sharing your opinion, I am sorry if the forum posters sometimes seem to act hostile or imperious *glares at a certain paladin on page 1* towards opposing opinions, I hate that too.
10/10/2017 10:49Posted by Lightglass
10/10/2017 10:36Posted by Aerythlea
If you don't earn those before the end of Legion, you won't be able to earn them after Legion - think of them as effectively the Challenge Mode sets of Legion.

Okay people, you know what to do. Conjure up an intricate web of complicating circumstances that prevent you from getting these appearances now, even though you're currently playing the game, so you can spend the rest of WoW's future petitioning Blizzard to re-add these rewards.

How about this: "It's very !@#$ing hard"?
Also, to get those on all 12 classes to not feel "left out" is a bit tiring, I'd say.
Morning! I've got a few updates to share. :)

Regarding the Mage Tower appearance. If you unlock your Mage Tower appearance before Legion is over, you will still be able to earn the colour variants of it post-Legion.

Likewise the colour variants of the Balance of Power appearance will still be obtainable post-Legion, with the exception of the Mythic +15 variant which needs to be obtained before Legion ends.

Prestige appearances will still be obtainable after Legion, though the exact manner in which they are earned may change.
Hi Aerythlea, could you please answer this question post above?

11/10/2017 06:17Posted by Semyaza
What i want to know is if the appearances will be bound to their spec or if I will be able to transmog Holy appearances as a Shadowpriest or Resto Druid appearances as a Balance Druid.

Is it going to be free transmog or spec-locked?
11/10/2017 10:06Posted by Aerythlea

Regarding the Mage Tower appearance. If you unlock your Mage Tower appearance before Legion is over, you will still be able to earn the colour variants of it post-Legion.

This is probably the best compromise we can get I guess. Time to work then

@ Eremis There is no such thing as spec lock in the transmogs so I think they will be for all the specs. An official confirmation would be good though
10/10/2017 11:36Posted by Boomzillah
This is great, but what about BM Hunters and Hati? do we get to keep Hati?

Thats what Id like to know too! Im kinda hoping that they maybe keep BM as a 2 pet spec but allow you to call the second pet from your stable with the same damge as Hati did (only perhaps make them better behaved coz Hati seriously needs some training!).

Prestige appearances will still be obtainable after Legion, though the exact manner in which they are earned may change.

Wow! This is really big and important to me! PvP appearances were the only ones I was affraid Im not going to be able to acquire.
At the end they made you able to buy the remaining 3 out of 4 phoenixes even tho you only had one egg.
Ahh; I get what you meant, now. TY.

Likewise the colour variants of the Balance of Power appearance will still be obtainable post-Legion, with the exception of the Mythic +15 variant which needs to be obtained before Legion ends.

Kudos for the quick, and detailed answer.

Does that mean that to get the +15 one we have to finish both Balance of Power and the +15 dungeon before Legion ends, or we can just do +15 on all alts we want it and it'll be given retrospectively after Legion ends when we finish Balance of Power?