upcoming pvp tuning (this wednesday)

Arenas
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
26/09/2017 10:51Posted by Mgz
26/09/2017 02:18Posted by Ðex
they nerf destro because bad people eats chaosbolts 247

ye cuz warlocks dont have a reflect talent that you can sometimes get RNGED laughed at when trying to purge ( backdraft, shaman/druid hot) and they also dont have double coil, or 1 min wall that makes them immune to interrupts.

overall legit impossible to ever cast a spell.

Few obvious tips: Positioning. Voodoo totem and buffed grounding from you. Physical kicks and stuns from your team.
26/09/2017 10:57Posted by Teeax
<span class="truncated">...</span>

ye cuz warlocks dont have a reflect talent that you can sometimes get RNGED laughed at when trying to purge ( backdraft, shaman/druid hot) and they also dont have double coil, or 1 min wall that makes them immune to interrupts.

overall legit impossible to ever cast a spell.

Few obvious tips: Positioning. Voodoo totem and buffed grounding from you. Physical kicks and stuns from your team.

reflect barrier cant vodoo, ele have not had grounding since WOD, and ye sure positioning, because we are gonna kill them playing pillar all day and their shaman standing max range free casting healing wave.

comp was broken, now its less broken, dont be biased.

reflect barrier cant vodoo, ele have not had grounding since WOD, and ye sure positioning, because we are gonna kill them playing pillar all day and their shaman standing max range free casting healing wave.

hes not being biased, he said he plays destro fls lol....
26/09/2017 11:02Posted by Evatar

but he is a destro so ofc he is biased
26/09/2017 11:03Posted by Mgz
26/09/2017 11:02Posted by Evatar

but he is a destro so ofc he is biased

but hes right...chaos bolt was nerfed cus people eat them all the time. these nerfs are gonna make it less punishing for those who do eat them now. you SHOULD be punished for eating chaos bolts.
26/09/2017 01:50Posted by Puppyeyes
the dh incap nerf is a little extreme
Good.

Oh, you are ele. Okay, I don't want to sound like a jerk, but it makes me think you don't understand what thunder (just for example) does to destro at relatively high mmr.
I'll tell you a secret - ele teams (especially thunder) is one of the most annoying thing I have to deal with as destro.
And yes, you can easily turtle destro teams by playing near the pillar, you are ele after all. At least that's what Jaime does all day long, for example.

I won't deny that double caster teams with ele are way easier though.
26/09/2017 10:57Posted by Deadandlivin
26/09/2017 10:47Posted by Mgz

nah the were both the problem, where destro was imo one of the major ones.

choas bolt simply just hit too hard.

Shadow Priests can run pretty much any comp and make the comp viable due to the sheer pressure they're able to push out.

Destro only was a real problem when they played with Shadow Priests and ferals, also in some regards when they played higher level games with Windwalker.
Shadow Priests and Ferals made destruction retarded because all they had to do was get a Chaos Bolt through to execute someone from the other team mate doing 380-500k dps.

I won't complain though, I don't play Destruction.
Earth Shield nerf will make it extremely hard to survive against cleaves now though, especially since they do comparable damage to Shadow Priests.

Every single viable sp comp got nerfed. If you nerf sp on top of this youll have the melee cleave meta all over again. (If not already) and you will be the First to Cry about it
im not saying we shouldnt get punished by eating a choas bolt, thats the definition of the design of the spell.

but spells like their reflect, that can get rnged and not get purged, and ofc their 1 min cd wall immunity, not to mention double coil.
26/09/2017 08:49Posted by Nostuns
MELEE META DOMINION YET !@#$ING 20% NERF TO BOLT AND NERF TO EARTHSHIELD ARE U ACTUALLY BRAIN DAMAGED??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

R1 lock talking over here everyone
26/09/2017 11:17Posted by Mgz
im not saying we shouldnt get punished by eating a choas bolt, thats the definition of the design of the spell.

but spells like their reflect, that can get rnged and not get purged, and ofc their 1 min cd wall immunity, not to mention double coil.

you can decurse havoc as shaman and i've never failed to purge a spell reflect that i wanted to cus of 'rng'. oh well.
That overnerf to Enraged Maim made it look extremely stupid.
You basically pick talent to get Incap instead of stun on a DoT class.

If I played Feral I'd pick it only if the other two talents on row were decreasing my damage.

If they decided that Enraged is so OP, they could have designed something else, than make it less usable than the spell it replaces... who'd pick talent to cripple his ability?
26/09/2017 11:40Posted by Evatar
26/09/2017 11:17Posted by Mgz

you can decurse havoc as shaman and i've never failed to purge a spell reflect that i wanted to cus of 'rng'. oh well.

I think he means like 'not hitting' spell reflect if you use Purge and hitting different beneficial effect.
But if I am not mistaken Purge hits the most recent buff, so you should always hit Spell Reflect if you react fast.
Otherwise you have to use it twice.

Conflagrate gives us Buff to reduce Chaos Bolt's cast time (talented).
meanwhile in the world of walking dead.... lol
I just find the Earth Shield nerf a bit stupid, considering melee cleaves will now be even harder to heal against for rshamans, not to count RMP openers on them :v
Is this like the 3rd or 4th time hpala melee wings get nerfed?
26/09/2017 12:57Posted by Torißlack
I just find the Earth Shield nerf a bit stupid, considering melee cleaves will now be even harder to heal against for rshamans, not to count RMP openers on them :v

earth shield is really dumb and it's good that they're nerfing it. it messes with the survivability of other classes too much. either you make them tanky without it, in which case they can never die with it (like pre-nerf boomkins), or squishy without it, and then they are usually played with resto shamans (like shadow priests and warlocks, though shadowplay is seeing play with pally). it should increase healing taken, not reduce damage taken.

resto shaman has been the best healer ever since the resto druid nerfs, and that's probably mostly cause of earth shield.
26/09/2017 12:01Posted by Deathfyre
Spell Reflect if you react fast.

Conflagrate gives us Buff to reduce Chaos Bolt's cast time (talented)

Backdraft, shaman/druid hots. i once used 4 globals before i got it.
26/09/2017 14:00Posted by Retier
26/09/2017 12:57Posted by Torißlack

earth shield is really dumb and it's good that they're nerfing it. it messes with the survivability of other classes too much. either you make them tanky without it, in which case they can never die with it (like pre-nerf boomkins), or squishy without it, and then they are usually played with resto shamans (like shadow priests and warlocks, though shadowplay is seeing play with pally). it should increase healing taken, not reduce damage taken.

resto shaman has been the best healer ever since the resto druid nerfs, and that's probably mostly cause of earth shield.

Because casters need this, now its gone and no compensation its going to be even more melee heavy
26/09/2017 14:13Posted by Mgz
26/09/2017 12:01Posted by Deathfyre
Spell Reflect if you react fast.

Conflagrate gives us Buff to reduce Chaos Bolt's cast time (talented)

Backdraft, shaman/druid hots. i once used 4 globals before i got it.

Yea well, it's kinda counterplay for them to throw a lot of buffs in.

BUT!
1) You can simply LoS him and not do anything to him during that, it's not like Warlock will pursue you and you die (like DK AMS, which btw is undispellable).
2) You can still react fast and you will remove Spell Reflect on first try if you use it right after he casted it
3) 4 Globals? Wow, did you really succeed to remove 5 duration spell after 6.5 seconds?
Your complaints are biased lies.