Nightborne should be kicked out of Suramar

Story
Prev 1 8 9 10 20 Next
06/02/2018 02:44Posted by Alaerei
05/02/2018 19:47Posted by Shinil

The defenders of Azeroth, not conquers ... lmao

*looks at Lordaeron*

Yeah, it's not the Shal'dorei, nor the Horde doing the conquering.

I guess the murlocs conquered Kalimdor.
06/02/2018 07:17Posted by Shinil
06/02/2018 02:44Posted by Alaerei
*looks at Lordaeron*

Yeah, it's not the Shal'dorei, nor the Horde doing the conquering.

I guess the murlocs conquered Kalimdor.

Well, the Warfronts are supposed to bein Ashenvale and Southern Barrens, so probably :P
Are they? I thought the warfront they show cased at blizzcon was in Arathi Highlands?

Can you advise where you hear/read otherwise? I would love to ready more on these if I could
06/02/2018 10:44Posted by Kixith
Are they? I thought the warfront they show cased at blizzcon was in Arathi Highlands?

Can you advise where you hear/read otherwise? I would love to ready more on these if I could

The one in Arathi is there.

Aaaaand...sorry, I don't remember where I read it, so take it with a grain of salt? *smiles nervously*
Speaking of burning trees...

Dark iron /silly: "A night elf laughed at me for living inside a volcano. Well at least I don't have to worry about my mountain burning now do I! *laughs* What, too soon?" :O
07/02/2018 00:43Posted by Alaerei

Dark iron /silly: "A night elf laughed at me for living inside a volcano. Well at least I don't have to worry about my mountain burning now do I! *laughs* What, too soon?" :O

Woah.... Dark Irons have no chill.
Was expecting something along the lines tho..
With Ragnaros having that weird fetish about burning down World Trees and all.

Haha taht's !@#$ing perfekt. Please say this is an acutuall thing?
07/02/2018 08:35Posted by Qulzan

Haha taht's !@#$ing perfekt. Please say this is an acutuall thing?

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281584/dark-iron-dwarf-allied-race-racial-abilities-audio-flirts-and-jokes

Found it...
It really is.
I love it, it fit's the Dark Iron so perfect, haha.
06/02/2018 12:12Posted by Alaerei
06/02/2018 10:44Posted by Kixith

The one in Arathi is there.

Aaaaand...sorry, I don't remember where I read it, so take it with a grain of salt? *smiles nervously*

No worries I look forward to finding out more though. Really excited about the warfront content
I don't think the Nightborne represent "the best" of the Night Elves at all. Not in the slightest, actually. They are the ones who hid away behind a shield while those Night Elves that are currently Alliance fought and died side by side with the wild gods.

And, for as long as they survived in Suramar, look at how their culture (and indeed, physiology) became distorted and perverted.

Like most people, I've not been a fan of WoW's treatment of Night Elves and their identity, but there's really no part of me that thinks the new Nightborne are in any way better than the original day 1 Night Elves.

I would have liked to see some kind of "redemption" (which is teased at by Valewalker in the Suramar questline) where the Nightborne change their ways, but they just ...give up and join the Horde, when they get uppity when confronted with their very real failings.

It's a sub-race with a lot to make up for and a lot to prove, and they haven't proven a thing. Like, at all. I find them very feeble and cowardly, with no great moral compass and for once I was with Tyrande when she went "Screw you guys."

But, it'll be interesting to see how they develop in the future.
07/02/2018 23:53Posted by Azshune
It's a sub-race with a lot to make up for and a lot to prove, and they haven't proven a thing. Like, at all. I find them very feeble and cowardly, with no great moral compass and for once I was with Tyrande when she went "Screw you guys."

Well, at least time upon this occasion we got the mewling out of the way early.

Anything -new- to add to the threads about how Blizzard hate the poor Night Elves?

Or just the same old rubbish, because by all means, if you have something new to bring to the table, please do.
Eh, I don't think "Blizzard hate the poor Night Elves." I was replying to the original posts, which lamented how the Nightborne were somehow the best of the Night Elves and Suramar the jewel of their lands.

I was just pointing out that in my view, neither is actually remotely true.
Like most people, I've not been a fan of WoW's treatment of Night Elves and their identity, but there's really no part of me that thinks the new Nightborne are in any way better than the original day 1 Night Elves.I would have liked to see some kind of "redemption" (which is teased at by Valewalker in the Suramar questline) where the Nightborne change their ways, but they just ...give up and join the Horde, when they get uppity when confronted with their very real failings.It's a sub-race with a lot to make up for and a lot to prove, and they haven't proven a thing. Like, at all. I find them very feeble and cowardly, with no great moral compass and for once I was with Tyrande when she went "Screw you guys."

Funnny I agree with you though I wrote the OP, however the aspect of the nightborne I was really on about was the kaldorei empire, when night elves were progressing, not hiding.

Saying that, all you have said is spot on. To the night elf, the shal'dorei has much to prove. Only to the night elf is a city civilization as wondrous as that, something they don't lose their sense over having built it and lived in it.

It's not the city that was the problem but the culture of abuse and excess that led to the situation the world is now in. Ofc they despise that, however, the city itself, the advanced knowledge and practice of magic, all that is actually quite very very good.

It was this aspect I was hoping the night elves would recapture, their beautiful civilization which they would start rebuilding with their current humility and wisdom alongside their great experience. The shal'dorei were to be jolt start infusing a bit of ambition in to the whole group while having a dynamic of despite being so advanced also being quite lacking and having much to learn/get use to.

Suramar is an actual city and the last bit of the night elf civilization, and easily the best part of it. Take Suramar and insert the current night elves/highborne with their knowledge, experience, humility, skill etc, and they'd be well on their way to being fully restored and developing again.
13/02/2018 17:40Posted by Kalibas
Suramar is an actual city and the last bit of the night elf civilization, and easily the best part of it. Take Suramar and insert the current night elves/highborne with their knowledge, experience, humility, skill etc, and they'd be well on their way to being fully restored and developing again.

I beg to differ.

Suramar is the embodiment of the Kaldorei Empire which had Queen Azshara for their ruler. You cannot have one and not the other. The Night Elves said no to that aspect of their ancient civilisation when they stood proudly with Lord Ravencrest. The Night Elven Resistence is opposed to the Kaldorei Empire.

The Highborne have accepted this. That is why they ''fit in''. The Shaldorei don't. They, like the Blood Elves (Dath'Remar and his ilk), only got ''cold feet'' when the Legion came a-knocking. It was then, that they betrayed their queen, which in other circumstances they would have continued to follow.

The Night Elves did not believe in the use of arcane magic as was practised by their former queen.

IF, the Night Elves should, at all, be anywhere near the Broken Isles, it is at Blackrook Hold as a testimony of their bravery, i.e. it is at val'sharah where they should carve out a new beginning IF Kalimdor is truly denied to them and not (as is the case in EK) just a badly damaged war zone. We have yet to see what is ''behind'' all this blaze and fury.

I truly think, that the NB and the BE deserve one another. The Night Elves, in turn, should stick to their chosen path.
13/02/2018 18:25Posted by Leafie
I beg to differ.

Suramar is the embodiment of the Kaldorei Empire which had Queen Azshara for their ruler. You cannot have one and not the other. The Night Elves said no to that aspect of their ancient civilisation when they stood proudly with Lord Ravencrest. The Night Elven Resistence is opposed to the Kaldorei Empire.

The Highborne have accepted this. That is why they ''fit in''. The Shaldorei don't. They, like the Blood Elves (Dath'Remar and his ilk), only got ''cold feet'' when the Legion came a-knocking. It was then, that they betrayed their queen, which in other circumstances they would have continued to follow.

The Night Elves did not believe in the use of arcane magic as was practised by their former queen.

IF, the Night Elves should, at all, be anywhere near the Broken Isles, it is at Blackrook Hold as a testimony of their bravery, i.e. it is at val'sharah where they should carve out a new beginning IF Kalimdor is truly denied to them and not (as is the case in EK) just a badly damaged war zone. We have yet to see what is ''behind'' all this blaze and fury.

I truly think, that the NB and the BE deserve one another. The Night Elves, in turn, should stick to their chosen path.

Kalibas is a Night Elf fan, but he despises the current situation of the Night Elves, believing that they are weak without the majority of their magical aspects of old and that they should reclaim "their" ancient birthright of the ancient Kaldorei empire under Queen Azshara in order to be great again. He thinks that the fact that the Night Elves are going to lose Teldrassil and most of their territory in Kalimdor to the Horde proves him right about this, and he thinks the elven civilization in the Alliance is pretty much over at this point. (even taking into consideration the recent Void Elf addition)

In a way, he is unwittingly more of a Blood Elf/Nightborne fan, but he's just in denial that the current Night Elves have chosen a different path from their magical one and therefore he will always rant on this argument because they are "not as great as they used to be in the past", usually adding that Blizzard is biased about the elves of the Horde.

I recalled that he made plenty of threads (probably more than 10) when Legion was first introduced, about the Nightborne who would have eventually joined the Night Elves and the Alliance.

Times and times again, I warned him that it wasn't going to happen, the Nightborne were either going to stay neutral, or join the Blood Elves and the Horde who are waaaay more in tune with their society. He just replied to me that the society of the Blood Elves is "too different" from the Nightborne one and therefore they wouldn't be able to integrate each others as allies, and also that the addiction of the Nightborne wasn't really an addiction like the one of the Blood Elves but more of a physical need, therefore the Nightborne and Blood Elves were different even about that, and they would have never been able to find a common ground together.

Guess what? It seems Blizzard proved me right eventually... :p
Ouch...those Night Elf fans really know how to throw shade.. :(
I would have liked to see some kind of "redemption" (which is teased at by Valewalker in the Suramar questline) where the Nightborne change their ways, but they just ...give up and join the Horde, when they get uppity when confronted with their very real failings.
They dont give up anything.
they still dont have or use the nightwell or any type of well for that matter, in many a sense they are cured of their magical need, they choose to join the horde because they didn't complain about the past (which thanks to blizz make Tyranda look like a complete !@#$%, but what else is new).
Gods who brought rezzed this topic?
it had finally died oh Hai Kalibas!
How you doing rolled Nightborn yet?
13/02/2018 19:11Posted by Valistri
Ouch...those Night Elf fans really know how to throw shade.. :(

If they could throw water as well as they could throw shade they probably wouldn't be losing their homes =')