PLEASE PLEASE Remove titanforging!!

General
Prev 1 10 11 12 17 Next
for me, gear has lost most of it's appeal. it's just not fun anymore to get another disappointing item that didn't titanforge. i've vendored soooo many 930 items at this point it's just silly. i've also had like 10-15 mythic tier tokens this tier, and the best i've managed is a socket or +5.

i'm sure the titanforging system is supposed to be fun and exciting, but most of the time all it does is make you disappointed and frustrated. receiving a base ilvl item feels terrible instead of rewarding.
09/11/2017 01:15Posted by Postura
09/11/2017 01:11Posted by Colinsdad

I agree, I think the intent of RNG was to reward players for all the content they ran rather then lock Lenedaries behind less than 1% of content.

I do however believe, and have consistently supported the notion, that the most technically advanced players deserve higher iLevel rewards for their effort and that it should not be possible for a player who does not run that content to achieve those levels.

That does not mean everything should be locked behind very high level instances, just that some gear really should be only available to Raiders.

This Lock and my DK sit at 933, that seems fair for the content they have run but it would seem ridiculous to me if I was sat at 940+, it would be a slap in the face to those who hone their skill.

That said, I hate acheivements bashers | casuals make up the vast majority of the player base and the game would not be here without us.

well i do think high gear should be locked behind high content even if its for that small 1%.

And ruin the fun for the people who run the 99% part of the content?
Piss off the majority of your playerbase? Yeah, Blizzard won't make that mistake.
09/11/2017 02:28Posted by Retier
for me, gear has lost most of it's appeal. it's just not fun anymore to get another disappointing item that didn't titanforge. i've vendored soooo many 930 items at this point it's just silly. i've also had like 10-15 mythic tier tokens this tier, and the best i've managed is a socket or +5.

i'm sure the titanforging system is supposed to be fun and exciting, but most of the time all it does is make you disappointed and frustrated. receiving a base ilvl item feels terrible instead of rewarding.

Self inflicted problem.
Change your way of thinking.

You're already getting gear you normally wouldn't have. But nooo, it's never good enough for players like you. "Always more more more. Others be damned, I want MOAR!"
09/11/2017 09:45Posted by Tahra
Self inflicted problem. Change your way of thinking.

You're already getting gear you normally wouldn't have. But nooo, it's never good enough for players like you. "Always more more more. Others be damned, I want MOAR!"

But you want people to want to have "MOAR", otherwise they do not stay subbed?

08/11/2017 21:10Posted by Tahra

10 is useless and will not keep people interested. Blizzard wants people to keep being subbed. +10 does not support that.

I am not sure what you want. It is contradicting.

Self inflicted problem.

I'm not sure that's what he is trying to say here, people really need to stop over dramatizing what others say.

It just feels bad if you're trying to get a specific item for ages and then you get it, you should be excited, happy, but then you know there's a better version of it out there, it doesn't feel rewarding to have farmed for it all this time and then just get the worst version of it.

It made me quit at the beginning of the expansion, it felt like diablo3 where you're constantly playing for a specific piece of gear with the specific rolls.
All they've said is that they will reduce how often things will TF because it was happening too fast. That's not any indication of giving it caps. The team clearly like the way it works. Some of the player base must too, just like some of us don't :(
Remove titanforging and set items from LFR, something in this game should demand a tiny amount of effort.
09/11/2017 09:42Posted by Tahra

well i do think high gear should be locked behind high content even if its for that small 1%.

Piss off the majority of your playerbase? Yeah, Blizzard won't make that mistake.

Wheres the fun in getting titanforged gear so high that you outgear your next step of natural progress?
Should be as easy as this:
Titanforging will never go above next difficultys basedrops, this way you will be guaranteed upgrades when you choose to enter harder modes.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

i doubt that casuals make up 99% even that would be true we would only have 1 raid setting easy but that said i think your just trowing statistics in the mix i would even say more people do normal so. i think lfr players are on the lower end of the pectrum and i think the devs are listening to the higher up guys atm the gear i have i don't deserve to be 935 for only doing heroics and WQ this kind of gear is reserved for the players who work hard and do hard content.
09/11/2017 12:21Posted by Punyelf
All they've said is that they will reduce how often things will TF because it was happening too fast. That's not any indication of giving it caps. The team clearly like the way it works. Some of the player base must too, just like some of us don't :(

yep, gearing will likely remain terrible in bfa, rewarding based on a combination of time spent farming easy to medium difficulty content and luck.
09/11/2017 12:47Posted by Retier
09/11/2017 12:21Posted by Punyelf

yep, gearing will likely remain terrible in bfa, rewarding based on a combination of time spent farming easy to medium difficulty content and luck.

they did say tweaks and some changes so lets hope titanforging doesn't give stupid numbers above a 10 ilvl increase.
09/11/2017 12:50Posted by Postura

they did say tweaks and some changes so lets hope titanforging doesn't give stupid numbers above a 10 ilvl increase.

I live in hope that WF and TF wont proc so stupidly high but nothing they've said in any of the interviews or presentations has actually given me any hope that they'll do something sensible.

Either suggestion that WF is +5 and TF is +10 ilvls or that items can't proc beyond the next raid difficulty would work better than the current system we have. So an LFR item couldn't proc over a Nm base item, couldn't proc over a Hc base item, couldn't proc over a Mythic base item.
09/11/2017 12:53Posted by Punyelf

I live in hope that WF and TF wont proc so stupidly high but nothing they've said in any of the interviews or presentations has actually given me any hope that they'll do something sensible.

Either suggestion that WF is +5 and TF is +10 ilvls or that items can't proc beyond the next raid difficulty would work better than the current system we have. So an LFR item couldn't proc over a Nm base item, couldn't proc over a Hc base item, couldn't proc over a Mythic base item.

just keep asking for it they are listining so mabye they won't overkill it this time.
I think having titanforging is okay, but it has to be limited. Right now, people can get raid quaility gear from trivial WQ, and while it is not a problem in itself, it does become a problem when you want new players to go into raiding. Because if you can get better gear by doing mindless WQ grinding for 4 hours a week then you can by doing raiding for 4+ hours a week, people are gonna do the easiest thing and do WQ. People become mindless facebook players, only loggin in to the quick content that gives the best reward and log out again.

If Blizzard want a time dedicated raiding community in WoW, they have to make sure, that hard content gives better gear then easy content. Sure, allow easy content gear drops to scale up, but stop right before raiding, so even if you have been farming WQ for the last 4 months, there is a reward for going into the current raiding tier normal difficulty.

I think that Ion have already said, that currently they have no plans of putting limitations on Titanforging and are only looking at how often it happends. So people will farm based on luck, just with lower rewards overall.
09/11/2017 13:18Posted by Silenthit

I think that Ion have already said, that currently they have no plans of putting limitations on Titanforging and are only looking at how often it happends. So people will farm based on luck, just with lower rewards overall.

like i said just keep asking and lets see what happens.

There is a huge difference in ruining a core part of the game for the 5% and then removing a small incentive for 80%. A non-raider will not care if they get an item with item lvl 920 instead of 945. The item with 920 is still gonna be better then anything they would ever get normally from the content they do, but by limiting it you also makes sure, that the titanforging does not ruin the game for players who does harder content.

So no need to paint it so black and white, when it is really a problem of different magnitudes for the different players. Current titanforging ruins the reward system for alot of players in raiding and mythic+. The possible solution would at most bring a small annoyance for the people who only does quest content and who cares about getting super high item lvl by only doing that content. Who knows, such a change might even make more people dedicate themself more to the game and go into scheduled raiding :P
09/11/2017 12:19Posted by Søulbolt
It made me quit at the beginning of the expansion, it felt like diablo3 where you're constantly playing for a specific piece of gear with the specific rolls.

Because you are playing it like diablo3, an endless quest to farm items that make you better at farming items.
You don't hate diablo, you just want a more predictable version of it.

Self inflicted problem.

You do know that what you've said applies to your mentality as well? "Self inflicted problem.

You're already getting gear you normally wouldn't have. But nooo, it's never good enough for players like you. "Always more more more. Others be damned, I want MOAR!""