Monthly sub for WoW Classic? No, please.

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 26 Next
It should just be a realm or a selection of realms included in your normal WoW subscription. No extra cost. The idea is, it'll bring in more players who currently don't have subs.

Bold for attention.
Oh... you dont worry about blizzard,

I think they will include it with the new expansion and advertise it there,

"Get new exclusive bla bla bla in this new expansion, perks you will be able to try classic server too"

im very happy about the classic so i would buy it and i really want it to have subscription fee, becaue if they remove it then they will have to implement pets mounts and other crappy things to make them earn money.

Nobody works for free...
21/12/2017 12:23Posted by Hugheszie
It should just be a realm or a selection of realms included in your normal WoW subscription. No extra cost. The idea is, it'll bring in more players who currently don't have subs.

Bold for attention.

The problem is that would attract a very harmful kind of player, like the ones that would suggest demon hunters and LFR, using bolds and caps to draw attention because they think that being loud is being right.

Sincerely, I don´t see how people that is willingly paying for what WoW retail has become, is going to enjoy WoW Classic.

Separate subs please. Each one to his game.
If you have starter edition (base game) or whatever the call it, you should only need a subscription running to play the game. If you've retail wow too on your account you will have access to both games.
If the game is the same as 2004-2006 why the hell would you even bother playing classic if you could pick out any private server with your friends and level there?

I will probably not play. Because I sense a huge disappointment coming up.

But if they made genuine changes, gave us wow classic on steroids, I would certainly consider playing.

There needs to be an incentive.
21/12/2017 17:59Posted by Parhamz
If the game is the same as 2004-2006 why the hell would you even bother playing classic if you could pick out any private server with your friends and level there?

I will probably not play. Because I sense a huge disappointment coming up.

But if they made genuine changes, gave us wow classic on steroids, I would certainly consider playing.

There needs to be an incentive.

People will pay to play on the Blizzard realm because of the Blizzard tag. That means no game breaking bugs, no GM corruption, no screwed up servers and no risk of the server just vanishing with all of your character data.

It's nice that you'd consider playing classic on steriods. But that would push away the purists (the actual target audience of the server) for the sake of luring in somebody like you, who isn't even sure whether he/she wants to play.

There doesn't need to be incentive. It's vanilla, the game we've been asking for for a decade, THAT is the incentive. If you need more than that to persuade you, you aren't the target audience.
Separate subscription would be disasterous. Btw they don't do that, they're not so stupid.
I personally don't like the sub because it makes you play even when you don't feel like it. For example, you get back home in the evening after work and you want to watch a movie or a new episode of some tv show, but you tell yourself "no, I have a subscription, the clock is ticking and I only have 2-3 hours of spare time until the weekend". So you log in and play. It's like work all over again. Well, not exactly so, but you get what I'm saying. I personally would prefer a 1-time buy or cutting off the half of the retail sub price for classic. Why? Well, that's because there's nothing NEW to develop, it's rather get the old game working on the new hardware.
Also, daily subscription maybe?
22/12/2017 08:43Posted by Breath189916
Also, daily subscription maybe?

maybe per minute like a telephone call?

Sub is remove microtransactions, most of bots, gold sellers etc.

If retail will be 13€ per month, classic could be 10€ or both for 15€.

but most likely it will be current one sub for all.
Of course the retail people want incentives to play, retail sucks !@#, the game isn't good, the game isn't fun to play. That's why they require incentives. Vanilla doesn't have this problem, vanilla is a good game, playing vanilla is fun, no outside incentives are required.

And yeah, separate subs please. I don't want to see a single retail kid on the classic servers. Retail wow is so unrecognizable from what wow used to be that the overlap of people who want to play them both is extremely minimal. Separate subs would keep tourists and retail trolls away. If they were on the same subscription, bored retail players would flood the classic servers just to make an alt to troll in general chat with.

So let me say it again. SEPARATE SUBS PLEASE!
22/12/2017 08:37Posted by Breath189916
I personally don't like the sub because it makes you play even when you don't feel like it. For example, you get back home in the evening after work and you want to watch a movie or a new episode of some tv show, but you tell yourself "no, I have a subscription, the clock is ticking and I only have 2-3 hours of spare time until the weekend". So you log in and play. It's like work all over again. Well, not exactly so, but you get what I'm saying. I personally would prefer a 1-time buy or cutting off the half of the retail sub price for classic. Why? Well, that's because there's nothing NEW to develop, it's rather get the old game working on the new hardware.

Well, this is your own personal mental issue, not a problem with a monthly sub-fee.
21/12/2017 16:50Posted by Orejaempezar
21/12/2017 12:23Posted by Hugheszie

Bold for attention.

The problem is that would attract a very harmful kind of player, like the ones that would suggest demon hunters and LFR, using bolds and caps to draw attention because they think that being loud is being right.

Sincerely, I don´t see how people that is willingly paying for what WoW retail has become, is going to enjoy WoW Classic.

I did bold for attention just for the hell of it, I don't think I'm right.
But it got your attention, so hey!

I'm looking forward to living in 2006 again, I wasted a good portion of 06 and 07 playing Vanilla.

Just think having a separate sub wouldn't be too great. IMO.
22/12/2017 12:27Posted by Badbobby
Of course the retail people want incentives to play, retail sucks !@#, the game isn't good, the game isn't fun to play. That's why they require incentives. Vanilla doesn't have this problem, vanilla is a good game, playing vanilla is fun, no outside incentives are required.

And yeah, separate subs please. I don't want to see a single retail kid on the classic servers. Retail wow is so unrecognizable from what wow used to be that the overlap of people who want to play them both is extremely minimal. Separate subs would keep tourists and retail trolls away. If they were on the same subscription, bored retail players would flood the classic servers just to make an alt to troll in general chat with.

Why?

people that played WoW until now and payed the subs are the ones that made the capital to make aditional servers for classic also.

Besides, trolling will subside after few days, if it's going to be an issue at all.

Who knows, maybe Blizzard will take some of it's own advice from Classic and put it in BfA(if that will be the order of publishing).

More players for Classic is better.
And tourist will get bored real soon.

Not that we didn't have a fair share of douchebags in vanilla...
guys you are dull or what? Not separate.... current sub model = retail (+classic when it comes out) and for vanilla audience = vanilla sub only. Play your fcking current wow and visit vanilla if you like.... but i am not going to pay for next wow development when i am interested only in classic content....

Again... 2 sub models:
YOURS! = retail 11€/month for six months (+classic when it comes out)
CLASSIC! = lower price/month (classic content access only)

retails dudes are happy cuz they dont pay more or dont have 2 subs
classic players are happy cuz they dont have to support current wow
blizzard happy cuz they gonna earn money for 11 years old game...
I vote for separate subs too. €7.99/month or so for Classic.

Maybe you could take your pre-emptive separatisme and find a nice planet all for yourself?

I pay for enough subs already, thank you. Im pretty sure i made a nice donation towards Classic already over the years.

So aside from Classic (No Change fan here) i like to keep building Garrisons because at the end of the day... i play what i like and not what the narrowminded think i should play.

Doesn't need to be either this or that... it can easily be both.
I always assumed that this would be a realm option part of the normal World of Warcraft subscription. Not something that you pay extra for, or that Blizzard hands out for free.
22/12/2017 14:26Posted by Zarc
I always assumed that this would be a realm option part of the normal World of Warcraft subscription. Not something that you pay extra for, or that Blizzard hands out for free.

realm option? Dont get me wrong but it would be like "i wanna join to CS1.6 games/host via CSGO client" or something like that
22/12/2017 13:57Posted by Rizzenn
22/12/2017 12:27Posted by Badbobby

Why?

people that played WoW until now and payed the subs are the ones that made the capital to make aditional servers for classic also.

Besides, trolling will subside after few days, if it's going to be an issue at all.

Who knows, maybe Blizzard will take some of it's own advice from Classic and put it in BfA(if that will be the order of publishing).

More players for Classic is better.
And tourist will get bored real soon.

Not that we didn't have a fair share of douchebags in vanilla...

I explained why, the fact that you are either unable or unwilling to understand is not my problem.