Monthly sub for WoW Classic? No, please.

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
27/12/2017 09:20Posted by Shogath
So you say that its not for everyone but for everyone. Im glad that you fixed that... :)

I think its folly for customers to insist on raising subscription costs but whatever floats your boat i guess.

Hah, something I disagree with you on, and I mean your idea about the subscription instead of this quoted bit that's also taken out of context.

There are a few reasons (for me) to want a separate sub:

1. It'll be an extra step to take for trolls. There will always be people who don't care about how much money they have to pay to make someone else miserable, but trolling youtube comments is much easier than paying for a game you are not willing to play.

That doesn't keep anyone else out, just people who are not willing to play the game in the first place.

2. It'll quickly pay for the servers, even if a few people are left. It may even pay for some customer service? I certainly hope so.

3. It'll be a reason to keep stores, lootboxes etc out of the game. I'm really afraid the bnet implementation means more store items. Blizzard likes to milk it big time. People already stretch "p2w" so much I'm sure the rubber band has snapped.

4. Paying for something gives you the 'power' to vote with your wallet. However small the impact on blizzard as a whole, if they won't make a proper classic server - whatever that means to anyone - I won't be there paying money for it. If they make changes I don't like, I'll take my money elsewhere.

If no one buys their products, companies still go down. They are only as mighty as the wallets of their customers. It won't take blizzard down if the classic server fails, but they'll have to invest in lawyers once again to take down the private servers that'll bloom if blizzard doesn't stick to their word. And their reputation will get another hit, after lying to their customers many times over.

I'm very willing to buy a big sub for the reasons listed above, even though it paradoxically also gives me a reason to specifically not pay for the sub when I don't agree with the product.
29/12/2017 10:19Posted by Vunde
Hah, something I disagree with you on, and I mean your idea about the subscription instead of this quoted bit that's also taken out of context.
There are a few reasons (for me) to want a separate sub:

Hah! ... okay lets hear it. :)

1. It'll be an extra step to take for trolls. There will always be people who don't care about how much money they have to pay to make someone else miserable, but trolling youtube comments is much easier than paying for a game you are not willing to play.

That doesn't keep anyone else out, just people who are not willing to play the game in the first place.

I don't want to pay extra for keeping undesirables out. Especially not when its not gonna be watertight anyway. You only need 1 rich troll to spoil your game for months and why aren't we talking ingame security here? (GM's).
Also, i don't think Blizzard are going to gate their Classic server like that. They will want everyone in.

2. It'll quickly pay for the servers, even if a few people are left. It may even pay for some customer service? I certainly hope so.

I am not concerned with paying quickly for the servers tbh. They have been neglecting a large part of their game imo and traded good gameplay for rushing to endgame. With Classic i feel they are repairing what they have ruined and im not going to pay extra for them repairing their mistakes.

3. It'll be a reason to keep stores, lootboxes etc out of the game. I'm really afraid the bnet implementation means more store items. Blizzard likes to milk it big time. People already stretch "p2w" so much I'm sure the rubber band has snapped.

Aside from them selling stuff that negates ingame difficulty, why would you mind a huge store where you spend your cash on fluffies, t-shirts and ingame toys?

Again: not talking gamebreaking crap here okay?

At least with a store i can opt for NOT spending money.

4. Paying for something gives you the 'power' to vote with your wallet.

That would be great but in this case they said they will keep the server(s) up indefinately. Little use would a sub have in that case.

Look... i pay for 2 subs. Reason is that i can make my own Guilds and invite nyself AND play with my daughter when she is in and has time to burn.
She is also looking forward to Classic as she also despises the weak crap this game has turned into. We have to duo dungeons because questing with two people is mindnumbingly boring.

I am not inclined to put two more subs on top of that just to be able to play the game i already paid for in the first place. Because im not eager to stop playing retail as there is lots fo stuff that is still very enjoyable for me to do.

The gain from Classic for Blizzard is in enriching retail (their main product) with Classic (which they never should have ruined in the first place). And im pretty sure that is exactly what they are going to do.

I could be wrong though and then i'll have to decide whether i'll pay for 4 subs OR not play Classic OR not play retail... OR stop playing alltogether and pay nothing out of pure spite, which is probably the most likely.

At least then i'll have shown with my wallet how i feel :)
I'll dual log classic if they keep the same monthly fee, like I did back then, since having an enchanter to self enchant your gear is priceless. I will not if they add an additional fee on top of it.

But that won't happen. Classic will be part of the usual sub. So I'm not worried.
29/12/2017 12:02Posted by Maladi
But that won't happen. Classic will be part of the usual sub. So I'm not worried.
If you are right then God by with WoW classic.
29/12/2017 12:09Posted by Mekroth
29/12/2017 12:02Posted by Maladi
If you are right then God by with WoW classic.

Why?
29/12/2017 08:32Posted by Shogath
The general consensus is that F2P gamers are the most toxic players and while there might be a few good ones out there, they're a minority.

I've played for ages with them and there is no difference... they are just people like you and me. heck..they ARE you and me.

I don't really want those F2P gamers in Classic, ruining my experience with their toxicity

Complete baloney... we don't get born with a stamp on our forehead saying "Toxic, F2P - handle with care".

You were there and so was i ...so we are toxic too? Come on... ever heard of prejudice?

And they are already in btw... they are just limited to lvl 20 ^^

It's ridiculous to claim that f2p and p2p crowds are anywhere close in terms of toxicity levels. I played some f2p games in the past. Also played GW2. There is a clear difference. With f2p people don't lose much from being toxic or using cheats. If they're banned, they just register a new account and continue doing whatever they were doing.

Best example I can provide is Planetside and Planetside 2. Second one was a f2p from the very start and it was riddled with cheaters from the very start as well. The first one wasn't and it had much better community.

Plus, I'd rather pay $15/mo than see WoW reduced to a cash shop. I mean, honestly, can you imagine vanilla with a cash shop? It would be awful.
29/12/2017 12:49Posted by Lanvemar
It's ridiculous to claim that f2p and p2p crowds are anywhere close in terms of toxicity levels. I played some f2p games in the past. Also played GW2. There is a clear difference. With f2p people don't lose much from being toxic or using cheats. If they're banned, they just register a new account and continue doing whatever they were doing.

Tbh, the most irritating people ive ever met was in WoW. So there you go.

29/12/2017 12:49Posted by Lanvemar
Best example I can provide is Planetside and Planetside 2. Second one was a f2p from the very start and it was riddled with cheaters from the very start as well. The first one wasn't and it had much better community.

My best example would be GW2 ... never met 1 unpleasant person there and someone always helps you res when you are downed, and often even go out of their way to battle your enemy while doing so.

I even met a few nice people while playing a Facebook game where you could form guilds.

Lets just agree on the fact that ones opinion is formed by ones experiences and that ones experiences are both a moment in time and extremely local and incidental.

There are many players in the world playing a multitude of different games. Specially in the MMORPG genre.
Aside from them selling stuff that negates ingame difficulty, why would you mind a huge store where you spend your cash on fluffies, t-shirts and ingame toys?Again: not talking gamebreaking crap here okay?At least with a store i can opt for NOT spending money.

this is very poor argument really, you can't dictate why or what people enjoy, for someone it can be collecting unique collectable mounts and pets etc.

adding ingame store is stupid for a game like wow, escpecially vanilla, anything ingame should be avaivable only By playing it, not spending some cash to instantly get it.

so yes, it can be very gamebreaking for someone, and you are not here to dictate to whom it will or will not be gamebreaking.

and i'll pay gladly 14e a month to keep stupid crap like that out from game, including people who thinks it's better to have cash shop than subscription.
Monthly sub like it used to be. It does not matter if it is classic. If there are people upkeeping it, then i dont mind paying monthly.
Complete baloney... we don't get born with a stamp on our forehead saying "Toxic, F2P - handle with care".

You were there and so was i ...so we are toxic too? Come on... ever heard of prejudice?

And they are already in btw... they are just limited to lvl 20 ^^

I never said we get born with a stamp on our foreheads.

Sure, i've played a lot of F2P games over the years, but i've always quit fairly fast due to the toxicity levels.

Take for example the generic asian f2p mmorpgs, which i believe are the best example of how utterly toxic it can get.

C9th. Toxic as hell. New players can't even do anything without being harrassed by veteran players.

ArcheAge is another one. Players form guilds that aim to harrass everyone, but most importantly new players never get to experience the game due to them, and there are a LOT of those players in that game. Not just the explorative side, but also through text chat.

2Moons (Dekaron) is also another extremely generic asian mmorpg with a toxic community.

LoL (not an mmorpg but a f2p game nonetheless) is so toxic, it makes me sweat every time i read the chat logs from a friend of mine.

There are more. I could sit here all day and make a list.

Games with freemium platforms (F2P or P2P) that have solid communities are games like SWTOR, ESO, Wildstar, TERA Online.

I'm not saying WoW doesn't have bad seeds, of course it does, but not as bad as the pure f2p games out there.

The reason it is more prevalent in f2p games, is because they're free, and everyone can play them.

Whilst you can play WoW for free, you can only do so for 20 levels. You can't trade, you can't use any other in-game features, and if memory serves me right, you can't even chat.

I've played for ages with them and there is no difference... they are just people like you and me. heck..they ARE you and me.

They're toxic people who harrass other players and live and breathe for the sake of ruining other players' experience of the games they play both through text chat and otherwise.

No, they're not me and i'm not them. I find that extremely insulting, sorry.
29/12/2017 14:28Posted by Geronîmoo
They're toxic people who harrass other players and live and breathe for the sake of ruining other players' experience of the games they play both through text chat and otherwise.

Complete overreaction. No game is worse than others. I played EvE online and that game is notorious for ganking and crime mongerers. And yet when you ask for it people are very forthcoming and offer to educate and sometimes even finance the loss of your ship right after they ganked you. Of course the second you start cussin' them they will publicly burn you to the ground.

No, they're not me and i'm not them.

If you play it you are part of it... period.

I find that extremely insulting, sorry.

Yeah you would... i can see why you think every game out there is toxic. Maybe it has something to do with your own attitude?

Nah... that can't be possible, right?
29/12/2017 13:42Posted by Cai
this is very poor argument really,

From your point of view of course it is.

you can't dictate why or what people enjoy,

Where did i do that ? o.O

adding ingame store is stupid for a game like wow, escpecially vanilla

Completely agree... right up until they start eying my wallet. Then i say "Good luck with the store!". Obviously they are not going to do that and im willing to bet that you just pooped your pants when you read this :P

so yes, it can be very gamebreaking for someone,

Appearantly, because you are almost in tears over it.

and i'll pay gladly 14e a month to keep stupid crap like that out from game,

Good for you. I've got a few other bills that need paying, interested?

including people who thinks it's better to have cash shop than subscription.

Meaning me right? ... Okay i'm cool with that. But what if they do put in a store. Would that mean that you won't play it?

Seems to me that a bunch of you have been living out of mommy's wallet for too long ... o.O
29/12/2017 16:53Posted by Shogath

Seems to me that a bunch of you have been living out of mommy's wallet for too long ... o.O

I have plenty of my own money. Is that why your so against a classic sub? Mommy won't pay for it?

If you don't want it enough to pay for it, then you don't really want it.
Why are people even discussing this. It won't even be Vanilla nor Vanillalike.

You have to ask yourself why Blizzard is doing this and there is only one reason: your money. It is very likely that it gets a seperate subscription because they want your money.

Your money is actually the biggest reason they are even thinking about creating such a realm because the subs are probably declining and at the lowest point ever. It is their goal and the only goal.

But sure I'll post my opinion and that is I don't give a frak if they are going to charge or not because I do not want to play on their pristine realm idea and that is going to be build. Blizzard is only hyping this with this silly forum and most of yall just falling for it like usual.
29/12/2017 18:26Posted by Faceroll
I have plenty of my own money. Is that why your so against a classic sub? Mommy won't pay for it?

I already have a sub, Classic is part of that.

29/12/2017 18:26Posted by Faceroll
If you don't want it enough to pay for it, then you don't really want it.

I already pay for it.

29/12/2017 18:38Posted by Schizofrenia
But sure I'll post my opinion and that is I don't give a frak if they are going to charge or not because I do not want to play on their pristine realm idea and that is going to be build. Blizzard is only hyping this with this silly forum and most of yall just falling for it like usual.

Must be great to be psychic.

I already pay for it.

[/quote]

You pay for retail, not classic. Classic is only going to be included in your retail sub in your own little deluded opinion. Is ignorance really bliss?
29/12/2017 19:06Posted by Faceroll
You pay for retail, not classic. Classic is only going to be included in your retail sub in your own little deluded opinion. Is ignorance really bliss?

Lets talk again when it goes live. Talking to brick walls is starting to get boring.

o/
29/12/2017 19:28Posted by Shogath
Talking to brick walls is starting to get boring.

[/quote]

I'm glad you feel my pain.

o/
29/12/2017 09:44Posted by Spyder
F2P with real money transmog shop. Also little charge for new "hd" models. Yes, that's my secret wet dream.

Better keep dreaming
29/12/2017 23:32Posted by Groshg
29/12/2017 09:44Posted by Spyder
F2P with real money transmog shop. Also little charge for new "hd" models. Yes, that's my secret wet dream.

Better keep dreaming

His wet dream is most peoples nightmare.