You’re not getting High elf’s.

General
1 2 3 25 Next
Seriously stop beating around the bush with this ‘But Blood elf isn’t High elf’ rubbish.
You want to play blood elf but you don’t want to play horde, well tough!

stop trying to justify why alliance should get blood elf models.

When people say ‘high elf is blood elf’ they mean the model! and that’s the reason you want it.

So either play horde or bore off because haveing 2 identical races is stupid!

(No i do not agree with void elf’s and no i also do it agree with nightborne)

- - - - - - - - - - - Update - - - - - - - - - -

Why are people still going on about bloody lore reasons to why it’s okay!
NO!
Jesus Christ almighty! It’s to do with the Models!
And NO clearly you cannot compare pandaren, that where designed from the ground up to always be nutral plus. 1. blizzard said they don’t like that idea much anymore
2. look at the numbers of people that play them...

You cannot have a massively popular race be playable on two sides as the whole games gonna basicly be made up of Elf’s...

I’m sorry but that’s just a stupid idea and that’s fact.
If you cannot see that your just choosing to ignore it based on your belief that if people can get vanilla for whining you can get whatever you want.

I like the Bloodsail Buccaneers, maybe i should ask for them to be horde right?
No, because they share the human model and clearly that would be stupid!
That’s exactly what’s going on here...
10/11/2017 20:35Posted by Wolfblood
When people say ‘high elf is blood elf’ they mean the model! and that’s the reason you want it.

People could be refering to their lore as well when saying this.
10/11/2017 20:38Posted by Amrezy

People could be refering to their lore as well when saying this.

Well yes that’s just another one in the tin for ‘No’
The Silver Covenant exists and is allied with The Alliance, so why are people so against it?
Seriously stop beating around the bush with this ‘But Blood elf isn’t High elf’ rubbish.
You want to play blood elf but you don’t want to play horde, well tough!

stop trying to justify why alliance should get blood elf models.

Its funny because we are getting blood elves. thats what void elves are silvermoon exiles. So we are getting blood elves. High elves are still allied with or in the alliance. There are several lodges of them in game, the silver covenant etc.

We don't want blood elves, we want high elves, those deliciously pale elves with blue eyes. Not those silvermoon fel junkies with green eyes
10/11/2017 21:44Posted by Garethas
The Silver Covenant exists and is allied with The Alliance, so why are people so against it?

Because it's a very small race that's almost extinct.

It's also a blood elf, with blue eyes, their lore only makes me want them less as a playable race. At least these are my personal reasons.
Agree, lorewise majority of high elves are dead, unlike Blood Elves void elves cant be Paladins and Demon Hunters, and looks like void elves have corpse like skin color.

As for Nightborne their model is unique and not is same as nelf model.
Correct, we'll get high elVES.
alliance can get high elves only as npcs
10/11/2017 22:05Posted by Amrezy

While Void Elves are all over the place.
10/11/2017 22:29Posted by Shiwer

They are exiled Blood elfs, and Belfs are fairely big.

It's also a blood elf, with blue eyes, their lore only makes me want them less as a playable race. At least these are my personal reasons.
so your saying a few belf messing with void powers have greater numbers. Than a group of high elves thats have enouth military might to be use in four seperate expansions.Riiiiiiiiiiiight!
10/11/2017 22:37Posted by Linkor
so your saying a few belf messing with void powers have greater numbers. Than a group of high elves thats have enouth military might to be use in four seperate expansions.Riiiiiiiiiiiight!

Well, "a few" is a vague, you have one silver covenant, that has existed for a long time. Don't know why you think there's a lot of them. Unless you are refering to another military force of High elfs.
10/11/2017 22:30Posted by Amrezy
10/11/2017 22:29Posted by Shiwer

They are exiled Blood elfs, and Belfs are fairely big.

Last I've heard, Blood Elves were on the brink of extinction. Then again, that's almost every race...

And Void Elves aren't just exiled Blood Elves, they are Blood Elves that somehow "fused" with the void with Alleria's help. There can't be that many of them. Certainly not more then the Illidari (playable demon hunters).

On the other hand, High Elves were featured in the alliance since vanilla, as NPCs. They were in TBC as remnants of Alliance expedition in Outland, they had a major group in WOTLK with the Silver Covenant, they do show up as part of the Alliance forces and most notably, they dispatched an "army" of their own to Suramar. They already are an "allied race" to the Alliance, they are just not playable.

As for the population, in lore, Stormwind has a small population of High Elves, there are the High Elves from the alliance expedition who were stuck in Outland, there are still some lodges left (Quel'Danil Lodge in the Hinterlands, for example) and of course, there's the Silver Covenant. Considering that the playable pandaren are all students of one martial arts school on a giant turtle, I'd say there are plenty of places High Elf PCs could come from.
10/11/2017 22:42Posted by Shiwer
Last I've heard, Blood Elves were on the brink of extinction. Then again, that's almost every race...

The high elves were once a significant force on the continent, but in recent times their numbers have been dramatically reduced: 90% of their race was slaughtered in the Third War; Following this, another 90% of the survivors changed their name to "blood elves" in remembrance of their fallen brethren and no longer consider themselves high elven.

So there's less that 10% remaining High Elfs, these are most likely the NPCs we encounter.

Also for the once inside of Stormwind as much as I agree that the 20k or so inside the city would make for a new race, some say it's not cannon in game wether they exist or not.

Pandaren were also on Pandaria however, just because they start somewhere I wouldn't be surprised if they could come from multiple places.
10/11/2017 22:42Posted by Amrezy
10/11/2017 22:37Posted by Linkor

Well, "a few" is a vague, you have one silver covenant, that has existed for a long time. Don't know why you think there's a lot of them. Unless you are refering to another military force of High elfs.
bottom line it is safe to asume the alliance high elf populis outnumber the void elves by a great margin. So blizzard point of not great enouth numbers is moot.
10/11/2017 22:48Posted by Linkor
bottom line it is safe to asume the alliance high elf populis outnumber the void elves by a great margin. So blizzard point of not great enouth numbers is moot.

There's also the fact that they're a straight up copy of Blood Elfs, which is the most populated race for Horde, why should we get an exact copy with blue eyes.

As much as I like elves, we will have 4 different elves soon, adding a fifth elf, and a third copy of bel would make this game World of Elfcraft.
Horde faction leader is undead high elf.

Like 9/10 of high elves became Blood Elves and joined Horde, and among those 1/10 who left like 9/10 is dead now lorewise, void elves doesnt even look like high elves they have corpse skin color.
10/11/2017 22:48Posted by Linkor
10/11/2017 22:42Posted by Amrezy

I'm pretty sure there have to be more High Elves in the Alliance then Void Elves in existence. Really, how many Blood Elves would be willing and able to experiment with the Void? I really doubt it's anywhere close to 10% of the BE population. It would surprise me if it's more then 20 elves tops.

[/quote]

Uhm WANDERING ISLE PANDAREN ANYONE?

There's like, maybe a few dozen of them who joined the Alliance and The Horde