You’re not getting High elf’s.

General
Prev 1 2 3 25 Next
10/11/2017 23:02Posted by Nakhoh
10/11/2017 22:05Posted by Amrezy

Because it's a very small race that's almost extinct.

Uhm WANDERING ISLE PANDAREN ANYONE?

There's like, maybe a few dozen of them who joined the Alliance and The Horde

And looking at the amount of Pandaren you see in game as players, that's pretty accurate. Now, if they added High Elves, they would instantly become the most played Alliance race.
10/11/2017 23:04Posted by Raevina
10/11/2017 23:02Posted by Nakhoh

Uhm WANDERING ISLE PANDAREN ANYONE?

There's like, maybe a few dozen of them who joined the Alliance and The Horde

And looking at the amount of Pandaren you see in game as players, that's pretty accurate. Now, if they added High Elves, they would instantly become the most played Alliance race.

So? Based on the player characters, the Horde should already be renamed Empire of the Sin'Dorei, doesn't mean that you see them in cinematics, it's all orcs.
I'm not a high elf mega fan, but I don't understand those haters more than they can't understand high elf fans. Does it even matter anymore? Alliance is literally getting Blood Elf models as Void Elves. I think majority of these high elf fans don't care anymore about getting pure high elf playable race because of upcoming void elves.
10/11/2017 22:54Posted by Shiwer
I'm pretty sure there have to be more High Elves in the Alliance then Void Elves in existence. Really, how many Blood Elves would be willing and able to experiment with the Void? I really doubt it's anywhere close to 10% of the BE population. It would surprise me if it's more then 20 elves tops.

I would like to remind everybody that, prior to Legion, there were ZERO Blood Elf Demon Hunters.

Burning Crusade very clearly established that there were NO Blood Elf Demon Hunters, because the only survivors of the training were killed by the players, and as were the trainees at Black Temple. And yet, come Legion, MAGIC RETCON suddenly there were a BUNCH of 'em and they were just hiding in a closet this whole time!

And the Draenei were the only survivors of Argus, fleeing the Burning Legion for millennia... except for all these thousands of other Draenei that got turned yellow and fly around on a golden spaceship, fighting the Legion for a million years because of time dilation, that were never mentioned or alluded to before!

Basically? It doesn't matter if there are literally zero High Elves left alive in the entire universe. If Blizzard wanted it, they could pull an entire planet full of them out of their proverbial rear-end hole. And probably retcon in a reason for them to join the Horde. So all this talk about their alleged numbers is completley irrelevant.
10/11/2017 23:28Posted by Sanara
10/11/2017 22:54Posted by Shiwer
I'm pretty sure there have to be more High Elves in the Alliance then Void Elves in existence. Really, how many Blood Elves would be willing and able to experiment with the Void? I really doubt it's anywhere close to 10% of the BE population. It would surprise me if it's more then 20 elves tops.

I would like to remind everybody that, prior to Legion, there were ZERO Blood Elf Demon Hunters.

Burning Crusade very clearly established that there were NO Blood Elf Demon Hunters, because the only survivors of the training were killed by the players, and as were the trainees at Black Temple. And yet, come Legion, MAGIC RETCON suddenly there were a BUNCH of 'em and they were just hiding in a closet this whole time!

And the Draenei were the only survivors of Argus, fleeing the Burning Legion for millennia... except for all these thousands of other Draenei that got turned yellow and fly around on a golden spaceship, fighting the Legion for a million years because of time dilation, that were never mentioned or alluded to before!

Basically? It doesn't matter if there are literally zero High Elves left alive in the entire universe. If Blizzard wanted it, they could pull an entire planet full of them out of their proverbial rear-end hole. And probably retcon in a reason for them to join the Horde. So all this talk about their alleged numbers is completley irrelevant.

Not really. It's relevant because there ARE actual reasons to have high elves instead of drawing them from Blizzard's proverbial rear-end hole.

Stormwind has a sizeable enough high elf population, alongside the Silver Covenant, that there should be way more high elves than void elves around.

TL;DR: Blizzard lmao.
10/11/2017 23:31Posted by Murasama
It's relevant because there ARE actual reasons to have high elves instead of drawing them from Blizzard's proverbial rear-end hole.

Stormwind has a sizeable enough high elf population, alongside the Silver Covenant, that there should be way more high elves than void elves around.

See where you're going wrong is that you're assuming Blizzard could ever do anything that makes f***ing sense.

I mean I love the Draenei, favorite race in the game, but they really came out of f***ing nowhere. GOOD Eredar, all of a sudden, yeah? Completley stomping on the established Draenei lore dating back to WC2? Madness. But ultimately a good thing, I think. So it's not all terrible.

My point is, trying to justify either having or not having High Elves based on the alleged population numbers really doesn't matter, because it will never factor into Blizz's decision making.
to revieuw blizzard reasons for not using High elves are

1: High elves are basicly Blood elves.
people have made numerous lore and in game refferences that this not the case
thats like like saying gilnean humans are the same as stormwind humans ( and no not all gilneans are worgen)

so point 1: is moot

2: high elves are not in great enouth numbers to be conciddeered to be an allied race.
As apposed to the void elves that only started forming after blood elves caught wind of alleria messing with the void. so asuming that the battle for azeroth takes place 6 months to 1 year after legion. and it took alleria 30 years (10000 years if you count twisting nether time dialation) to master void powers. that doesn't leave alot of time for making enouth numbers of void elves to be conciddered a race. (and before you try to play the illidari card. WoW takes place 4 years after WC3 and if we asume that ingame time passes at the same rate as outgame time. thats 3 more years till the burning crusade. thats a total of 7 years to train illidari.

so point 2: is moot

3: high elves would have the same silhouette as blood elves.
The pandaren who can be played on both factions make this another Moot point.
so would void elves and nightborne for that matter.
as for that ofhanded commend of Greg street aka ghostcrawler that they wouldn't do anything like that pandaren again. well he left 4 years ago.

so point 3: again is moot.

4: the world of warcraft development team simple don't want too.
this is the only reason that hold any type of water.
that being said i don't know if its creative vision, or being obligatory obtuse.
Blizzard should really have a second look on this topic.

also debunking 3/4 isn't half bad
10/11/2017 23:36Posted by Sanara
10/11/2017 23:31Posted by Murasama
It's relevant because there ARE actual reasons to have high elves instead of drawing them from Blizzard's proverbial rear-end hole.

See where you're going wrong is that you're assuming Blizzard could ever do anything that makes f***ing sense.

I mean I love the Draenei, favorite race in the game, but they really came out of f***ing nowhere. GOOD Eredar, all of a sudden, yeah? Completley stomping on the established Draenei lore dating back to WC2? Madness. But ultimately a good thing, I think. So it's not all terrible.

My point is, trying to justify either having or not having High Elves based on the alleged population numbers really doesn't matter, because it will never factor into Blizz's decision making.

It was basically confirmed that the reason we don't get high elves is because they would be too similar to blood elves, and I reckon Blizzard doesn't want the blood elf population to switch over to Alliance, leading to faction imbalance.

But I guess if you make an elf even more pale and purple in combat it's totally fine.
10/11/2017 23:43Posted by Murasama
It was basically confirmed that the reason we don't get high elves is because they would be too similar to blood elves, and I reckon Blizzard doesn't want the blood elf population to switch over to Alliance, leading to faction imbalance.

But I guess if you make an elf even more pale and purple in combat it's totally fine.

It's like Blizzard deliberately takes concepts that make sense and twist and bend them until they're the opposite way, before implementing them. Remember, the Void Elves aren't just pale and purple, they're VOIDY! And as we all know, nobody would be happier with having Void magic around than the faction consisting primarily of Light-worshippers!
10/11/2017 23:19Posted by Shiwer
<span class="truncated">...</span>

So? Based on the player characters, the Horde should already be renamed Empire of the Sin'Dorei, doesn't mean that you see them in cinematics, it's all orcs.

It was a joke about how no one plays Pandaren and about how so many play BE on Horde. Jeez you people need some serious remove-stick-from-!@# treatment ASAP.
10/11/2017 23:58Posted by Raevina
t was a joke about how no one plays Pandaren and about how so many play BE on Horde. Jeez you people need some serious remove-stick-from-!@# treatment ASAP.

I think you might need a nap, hun. You seem very cranky. People responding to your joke with sarcasm isn't a reason to get worked up.
11/11/2017 00:03Posted by Sanara
10/11/2017 23:58Posted by Raevina
t was a joke about how no one plays Pandaren and about how so many play BE on Horde. Jeez you people need some serious remove-stick-from-!@# treatment ASAP.

I think you might need a nap, hun. You seem very cranky. People responding to your joke with sarcasm isn't a reason to get worked up.

LOL I don't think sarcasm means what you think it means, cupcake.
10/11/2017 22:05Posted by Amrezy
10/11/2017 21:44Posted by Garethas
The Silver Covenant exists and is allied with The Alliance, so why are people so against it?

Because it's a very small race that's almost extinct.

It's also a blood elf, with blue eyes, their lore only makes me want them less as a playable race. At least these are my personal reasons.

Theyre sentient, with the knowledge of eminent extinction I'm sure the Highelves started smacking things together right snappy to get a "LC" rating on the conservation status.
Let's make this short and simple: High elves will not become a playable race, because Blizzard wants to maintain at least some sort of faction balance. And that's it. All their talk about, "There are not enough high elves left blabla" is pretty much nonsense. If high elves would become playable, the Horde would die out in a matter of weeks.
11/11/2017 00:59Posted by Avaressa
Let's make this short and simple: High elves will not become a playable race, because Blizzard wants to maintain at least some sort of faction balance. And that's it. All their talk about, "There are not enough high elves left blabla" is pretty much nonsense. If high elves would become playable, the Horde would die out in a matter of weeks.

faction balance is a moot point because:
a: horde are getting zandralari troll, nightborne, and upright orcs.
and
b: with the new op-out op-in pvp system they said it would aliviate the problem.

Faction balance has been irrelevant since they started allowing payed faction changes and transfers. Server groups are either Horde or Alliance heavy and nothing will ever change as long as they allow that. People gravitate towards servers with more people of their faction playing to have a higher pool of players to recruit/do stuff with. Available races have NOTHING to do with that.

Personally, I don't care. I'd stay Horde because I've been horde since 05, back when faction populations ACTUALLY mattered. They just don't anymore.
11/11/2017 01:49Posted by Raevina

Faction balance has been irrelevant since they started allowing payed faction changes and transfers. Server groups are either Horde or Alliance heavy and nothing will ever change as long as they allow that. People gravitate towards servers with more people of their faction playing to have a higher pool of players to recruit/do stuff with. Available races have NOTHING to do with that.

Personally, I don't care. I'd stay Horde because I've been horde since 05, back when faction populations ACTUALLY mattered. They just don't anymore.

I completely agree with Avaressa. Faction Balance was the only reason for this decision.

Also, it still matters. We are currently at a slight Alliance leaning in population, but it is very even in both EU & US according to sites like realmpop. If one faction grows beyonf the 60% mark, you will get the same chain reaction as in PvP: More players join more players until it is completely one-sided. It is in Blizzards best interest to keep it as even as possible.

I'm curious what BfA will do to this balance, because Horde clearly got the love-hug with their allied races.
Now I am going to be that guy....

it is High Elves!

's is used when something belongs to someone.

example: This car? Oh it is Joe's.

If the word ends with an s you add the ' at the end like this s'

While if you've a word that ends with an F etc: Elf.
it becomes Elves if there is more than of said mentioned word.
I'd wish I could sum up the exact rule but oh well, I can't atm.

Now with my jackass moment out of the way.
Giving the Alliance a carbon copy of Sin'dorei but with blue eyes, would feel dull from a developer point of view. personally I would had kept their eyes white but each to their own.

That's why they mix it up with granting the Alliance fan-base the next best thing blue eyed elves with some special snow-flake feeling to it.
Now what to give the Horde?
How about these Even more purple skinned Night elves?

There balance done.

same thing can be related to Highmountain Tauren and Light forged Draenei!
and then you've Zandalari and dark skinned dwarves.

all a matter of visual effects and making both factions have awesome choices.
But yeah I think we'll have enough elves to chose from for a while now.
if these Void Elves are exiled blood elves, why they have blue eyes?
11/11/2017 02:36Posted by Veang
if these Void Elves are exiled blood elves, why they have blue eyes?

Because Void is blue, obviously. That's why they have blue skin and hair.

Yes, of course Void is blue. Void has always been blue. Void is blue, and no other color. Void has always been blue.

We have always been at war with Eastasia.