What about the leech stat?

Demon Hunter
So, this might be a noobish question but I cant seem to find any solid information regarding how important leech is for us while tanking in PvE? My stat addons seems to rank it very highly but i dont find any information on the actuall importance/effect on any forums or wikis..?
leech heals you for a percentage of the damage you deal, it is not important at all
thanks for answer =) how come addons like pawn rate it sho highly then? For example i have 7% leech on my gear, with a dps of lets say 500k, that would mean 35 000hps extra. Seems like a small boost indeed, 0,4% of my health pool per sec.
About 1% per 2secs, small but not irrelevant imo?

not sure at all that i ccalculated correctly tho hehe..
Leech doesn't increase your DPS. The 7% leech means that from 7% of your actual damage you get 7% back as Health. Not deal an extra 7%.
13/10/2017 01:50Posted by Mìnax
leech heals you for a percentage of the damage you deal, it is not important at all
im not best as DH Tank - but there is an artifact trait or talent provide Lifeleech in Metamorph?...

I guss on raiding, singletarget Bosses the healing is pretty minor.
But in dungeons, aoe dmg could do alot of healing.
26/12/2017 12:58Posted by Tactikz
im not best as DH Tank - but there is an artifact trait or talent provide Lifeleech in Metamorph?...

I guss on raiding, singletarget Bosses the healing is pretty minor.
But in dungeons, aoe dmg could do alot of healing.

there is a ring which gives plenty of leech during spikes.
also talent too
leech is a nice addition for tank spec, esp dh.
Whoops, just noticed this thread was started in October and got necroed. Nvm.

12/10/2017 10:08Posted by Stormbless
So, this might be a noobish question but I cant seem to find any solid information regarding how important leech is for us while tanking in PvE? My stat addons seems to rank it very highly but i dont find any information on the actuall importance/effect on any forums or wikis..?

Leech isn't your priority. It's a nice bonus, and proves helpful when soloing, but in group PvE you've got your healers to provide the majority of healing that you need - your focus should be on defensive stats to minimise damage intake and reduce the damage you receive to manageable levels for your healers. Some extra healing from your DPS won't be helpful if you get almost insta-killed by boss mechanics because of a lack of defensive stats.