(Solved) All addon settings not saving

Interface and Macros
Hello. My issue is that settings are not saving in any addon. If i make a change in the settings of any of my addons and /reload (or relog) then the setting is reverted to what it was before every time. This is happening in every addon i have installed. I have tried deleting cache and i've renamed the WTF folder so i got a fresh one. Nothing helps. Anyone got a clue to what might be the cause? (i came back from a 3-4 month break and found it like this, all addons are updated)
Sounds like a file write permission error. Check that the Wow64.exe process has write permission for the relevant files.
As far as i can tell it has all the permissions. I have found some other posts about this issue on the US forums tho.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755747658
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759151110

The problem is that all changes are only saved in .tmp files and never in the .lua files. If i make a change in an addon and then delete the .lua (in SavedVariables) and then rename the .tmp file so it becomes the new .lua then the changes stick.

Edit: FIXED! Used CCleaner to clean the registry and now it is working again. Special thx to the legend that is Pete! :)
It has stopped working again and the ccleaner trick is not working anymore. I have now also run sfc to make sure nothing was broken or missing but to no avail.
Fixed for good this time i belive. I read some of the latest replies in one of the two us forum posts i linked. One of the guys have figured out that Malwarebytes anti-ransomware was causing the problem. I was using that pos too. Uninstalled it and now all the .tmp files are gone.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum