Change Titanforging in BfA

General
Prev 1 3 4 5 18 Next
14/11/2017 00:53Posted by Runedag
Personaly i rather see them go back to pre-tbc way of gering. 40man bosses having 2-3 loot pieces depending on luck. So for 20man it should be 1 piece or 2 if you are lucky then you will have to distribute it in the raid. No more personal loot. That way all the "1337" raiders that think they are awesome for doing raids can get their items and feel special as they want it to be. Also no more skipping raidtiers, and also bring back attunements. Todays system is a huge joke if you want to feel as a special raider (as most crybabies seem to think they are).

*cough*
Classic is that way ---> https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/19369714/
*cough*
Either reduce titanforging to the point that its value is almost meaningless, or, give us the ability to upgrade gear to titanforged ala valor farming in MoP.
14/11/2017 01:01Posted by Vulcanus
Either reduce titanforging to the point that its value is almost meaningless, or, give us the ability to upgrade gear to titanforged ala valor farming in MoP.

The first one of your 2 options, isn't an option.
The system will be in BfA. They are not putting a system into an expansion, just to make it meaningless.

I could live with your second option. As long as there's still TF procs, stuff to do, surprises to get and not get bored with content too fast.
14/11/2017 00:57Posted by Tahra
14/11/2017 00:53Posted by Runedag
Personaly i rather see them go back to pre-tbc way of gering. 40man bosses having 2-3 loot pieces depending on luck. So for 20man it should be 1 piece or 2 if you are lucky then you will have to distribute it in the raid. No more personal loot. That way all the "1337" raiders that think they are awesome for doing raids can get their items and feel special as they want it to be. Also no more skipping raidtiers, and also bring back attunements. Todays system is a huge joke if you want to feel as a special raider (as most crybabies seem to think they are).

*cough*
Classic is that way ---> https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/19369714/
*cough*

Well we are dealing with entitled ppl, who thinks everyone not doing raids want handouts. i say the raiders are the ones getting handouts today.
14/11/2017 01:01Posted by Vulcanus
That would actually take effort instead of dumb luck for a quarenteed reward, they don't like that. I do miss JP, VP, HP and CP. What was wrong with these? It's exactly what Bliz wants now, incentives to weekly log in and keep farming raids even after you finished your weekly run! Only with quarenteed rewards and not based on dumb luck. Me:

Pre-WoD: "Oke just 1k valor more and next week I can buy x from the vendor!" or "Man that was unlucky atleast I got JP so I can still gear my alt!"

WoD: First 3 quarters suck, but the last one we had valor for gear upgrades. I actually had stuff to do weekly on my 2 chars! Also I never touched dungeons beyond achievement runs, farming for mogs solo (docks for the scraps) and in the end finaly had a reason to do mythic dunegons when they reintroduced valor.

Post-WoD: "Why is everything from crafts to damned extra incentives damned RNG. Oh look a 4th one, crap still not even warforged or a socket!"
13/11/2017 20:46Posted by Deanna
13/11/2017 19:14Posted by Kooki
I wouldn't make any extra effort to farm titanforge items if it was so low.

That is exactly the point.

Yeah well I guess it depends how you look at it and which content you do I suppose. For a casual like me that isn't looking to do organised raiding anymore it's more than just a bonus. It's a reason to for me to keep doing the content that I personally enjoy doing once I have obtained the base ilvl in every slot from my chosen difficulty.

I'm not looking to raid higher difficulty anymore but I still like to see my character get improvements occasionally and for me titanforging serves that purpose. I don't believe that being an LFR player I should be awarded with items as good as what mythic or heroic raiders are getting but at the same time I do want a chance at something that feels like it's worth my while chasing. I think a small chance at a nice 20 ilvl bonus is pretty reasonable and not a lot to ask for. Sure it's likely to be slightly over the base ilvl of what normal drops but I don't think that's really such a bad thing.
I despise Titanforging.
I'd be okay, but still not super happy with +5/10 Warforging, but alas, Blizzard seems to like the idea of RNG for some reason ($$)

However, if they decide to do a +10 warforge system, I'd also like non-warforged pieces to be upgraded with Valor/Justice type system, like in MoP/WoD

I'd also like to see Weapons not have the ability to warforge/titanforge, as they are very powerful pieces of equipment.
When will players realise that the chances of getting these fabled +50 Titanforged pieces INCREASES as the difficulty of the content you run increases?

You've got more chance of finding Lord Lucan or Shergar alive than getting a +50 T/f item in LFR... you're MOST likely to get something of that magnitude in Mythic Raiding (albeit that it may not have +50).

Hyper boosted Titanforged gear is the EXCEPTION, not the rule... approach it this way & most 'issues' will not be issues any longer.
By the way -- if you don't know who Lord Lucan &/or Shergar are... do what most millennials would tell you to do... =)
14/11/2017 02:03Posted by Destruct
That would actually take effort instead of dumb luck for a quarenteed reward,

Do you understand your own words? You contradict yourself in your first sentence.
'dumb luck' and 'guaranteed' don't go together. It's one or the other.

It's exactly what Bliz wants now, incentives to weekly log in and keep farming raids even after you finished your weekly run! Only with quarenteed rewards and not based on dumb luck. Me:

What?! So much wrong with what you're saying there:
1) Yes of course Blizzard wants you to log in. Big duh.
2) You don't have to farm raids for TF. Simply because you don't HAVE to, but also because TF can occur from many different types of content.
3) Now you say its guaranteed and not based on luck? What? Make up your mind please!

Post-WoD: "Why is everything from crafts to damned extra incentives damned RNG. Oh look a 4th one, crap still not even warforged or a socket!"

You already answered that yourself:

It's exactly what Bliz wants now, incentives to log in
14/11/2017 03:15Posted by Valrysha
I despise Titanforging.
I'd be okay, but still not super happy with +5/10 Warforging, but alas, Blizzard seems to like the idea of RNG for some reason ($$)

However, if they decide to do a +10 warforge system, I'd also like non-warforged pieces to be upgraded with Valor/Justice type system, like in MoP/WoD

I'd also like to see Weapons not have the ability to warforge/titanforge, as they are very powerful pieces of equipment.

+10 is too little. It trivializes TF and that's not something that Blizzard wants. Why would they want to keep a system and then change it so it doesn't do what it's supposed to? Makes no sense.

Upgrading might be a good option, but the TF proc would have to be substantial. If the proc is 10, the proc doesn't really matter and so an upgrade option wouldn't matter either.
Do you understand your own words? You contradict yourself in your first sentence.'dumb luck' and 'guaranteed' don't go together. It's one or the other.

When you do your weekly lockout of the raid, you will get some crazy titanforged items. So it is RNG based, but it is 'guarenteed'. And no, you are not going to target 1 item that you need to crazy TF. It is all the possible loot that you can get. One tier you get a freaking relic, the next tier you get a 920 + socket (from NH heroic) set piece, and from ToS you get a 940 hands from heroic.

The items are RNG, the TF is random. But it is 'guarenteed' you get some. I know there is some really unlucky player somewhere who never ever got a TF, but there is also a player somewhere who never got the base item as loot. But for 99% of us, we get guarenteed somewhere that amazing TF.

Next; you tell people that it is useless to do content for the TF, and then you say people only play when the TF is higher than +10, otherwise people do not play. You also make up your mind :)
14/11/2017 10:28Posted by Tsjoh

Next; you tell people that it is useless to do content for the TF, and then you say people only play when the TF is higher than +10, otherwise people do not play. You also make up your mind :)

I never said that. I said that 'I feel forced to run X to get Y' is a self inflicted problem. You can ignore it, like a rational human-being.

And yeah, having a chance to get a nice item from the content you like, does keep players coming back for more. Of course it does. It's fun!

PS: As for the rest of your post; Alright, I get it, thanks. I didn't think of that chest since I never get that. However, my point still stands; it's luck in the end that decides whether you get a nice upgrade or not. Some basis is guaranteed, but it's not guaranteed to be an upgrade, or even useful to you.
So you want MOAR?

09/11/2017 09:45Posted by Tahra
You're already getting gear you normally wouldn't have. But nooo, it's never good enough for players like you. "Always more more more. Others be damned, I want MOAR!"

I have really no idea what you are trying to say.
14/11/2017 10:46Posted by Tsjoh
So you want MOAR?

09/11/2017 09:45Posted by Tahra
You're already getting gear you normally wouldn't have. But nooo, it's never good enough for players like you. "Always more more more. Others be damned, I want MOAR!"

You can rip any quote out of context and try to make it look bad, but it won't work.

Anyway, stop trolling please and discuss the matter at hand.
An even better idea would be to just remove it from the game.
14/11/2017 10:39Posted by Tahra
PS: As for the rest of your post; Alright, I get it, thanks. I didn't think of that chest since I never get that. However, my point still stands; it's luck in the end that decides whether you get a nice upgrade or not. Some basis is guaranteed, but it's not guaranteed to be an upgrade, or even useful to you.

It is not only about the M+ weekly chest. It is about all the loot you get showered with which makes gearing a sh i t-show.

We just do a raid weekly (heroic) and this means there are now so many people with gear that will outgear already the new to come raid. Like i have for example a 920 + socket shoulder set piece from Nighthold heroic and a 915 hands from Nighthold heroic. These items are just too good for getting into ToS.

And now i got a 940 hand set piece and a waist 935 with a socket from ToS heroic. And my 925 shoulder set piece is better than the heroic one.

It makes no sense and there is absolutely no fun in this.
14/11/2017 10:52Posted by Tahra
14/11/2017 10:46Posted by Tsjoh
So you want MOAR?

You can rip any quote out of context and try to make it look bad, but it won't work.

Anyway, stop trolling please and discuss the matter at hand.

I am not trolling, i am trying to understand your point of view. Sorry for that. Will not happen again.

*sigh*
Why don't we talk about how atrocious tier set bonus design has been this expansion instead of having this pointless discussion?