If a single thing is tweaked

Classic Discussion
Then it wont be vanilla, and you will never be able to experience vanilla.
Just remember that.
There is a Classic Forums for this SPAM, just remember that!
Its not vanilla its classic. When will people realise this
You don't know how vanilla was to begin with.
We dont care take it to the classic forums.
15/11/2017 12:47Posted by Kraglos
Just remember that.

NO ONE will experience vanilla, ever again.

What they will experience is Classic. Vanilla was made by the community and that is never coming back.
15/11/2017 13:16Posted by Akurin
Just remember that.

What they will experience is Classic. Vanilla was made by the community and that is never coming back.
This, the people of the internet are a lot different than they were back then.
Just remember that.

I really believe you're wrong, it will come back, it will need time because in the beginning there will sadly be a lot of griefers and trolls from retail that join the server, just to upset people, but they won't make it far so I expect it will all settle down in a few months when they're running back to their retail characters where they have all their fluffy stuff :P
Just remember that.

Indeed.

They rather gloss over this rather important fact.
15/11/2017 13:25Posted by Rickghastley

Indeed.

You should check some private server footage on youtube, and you will take back that fact..

Btw I wish I had the power to see the future and throw facts around like you do, I'm really jealous that you have that ability ;)
Considering both Blizzard and Microsoft have stopped supporting the OS Vanilla was run on. Regardless of the footage on youtube as mentioned previously.

To think nothing is going to change is wrong, things will need to change to create a safe stable environment for the modern day OS. Taking into account anti virus anti malware programs and the packet sizes of yester year have changed.
And that's for starters.

For a slightly more detailed view I politely suggest you visit the Classic forums there is a post that has been Blue tagged Marked OPEN LETTER from a private developer.
It's called "Classic" not "Vanilla" -- be daft going for a 100% replica considering how non-existent class balancing was, where a majority of DPS were bloody rogues...

And even then within Vanilla itself there are people fighting tooth and nail between patches... it's ridiculous.
15/11/2017 13:46Posted by Delphii
Considering both Blizzard and Microsoft have stopped supporting the OS Vanilla was run on. Regardless of the footage on youtube as mentioned previously.

To think nothing is going to change is wrong, things will need to change to create a safe stable environment for the modern day OS. Taking into account anti virus anti malware programs and the packet sizes of yester year have changed.
And that's for starters.

For a slightly more detailed view I politely suggest you visit the Classic forums there is a post that has been Blue tagged Marked OPEN LETTER from a private developer.

What does that all have anything to do with the community on a classic server? My post was in response to the claim that vanilla was vanilla because of the community and that that will never come back, even stated as a fact right here when while I'm typing this the community is exactly as it was in vanilla still today on those illegal private servers, and they have been since the beginning private servers saw the light. How do I know? I've read their forums and watch live streams of private server gameplay and see how active the chat is and how people search for others to group up and all, exactly how it was in vanilla.

I don't know what it is with you people here that hate it so much that they have to lie and make things up just to bash the whole idea of a classic server, like vanilla wasn't challenging and hard at all, just slow and what not, people are full with hate and troll nonsene here all the time just because of their hate, it's really sad people act this way just because they don't like something, truly sad..
15/11/2017 12:50Posted by Urthol
Its not vanilla its classic. When will people realise this
Because when WoW was first released it was called WoW: Vanilla. Blizz aren't going to call it vanilla because that's not what it's called, that's just how it's known in the community. Classic is the most sensible way to refer to vanilla.
15/11/2017 13:33Posted by Vanillaftw

Indeed.

You should check some private server footage on youtube, and you will take back that fact..

Btw I wish I had the power to see the future and throw facts around like you do, I'm really jealous that you have that ability ;)

I played Nost it was toxic beyond all belief please stop with your constant lies that it was all rosey and good.
Pfff. If you install a single addon (and let's be honest they are NOTHING but QoL changes), "then it wont be vanilla, and you will never be able to experience vanilla,
just remember that."
15/11/2017 14:12Posted by Makyá
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I played Nost it was toxic beyond all belief please stop with your constant lies that it was all rosey and good.

Lies? Let me guess, you played on a pvp server, let me tell you this, I've played vanilla officialy her eboth on pvp realm and pve realm and on both Sylvanas (pvp) and Trollbane (pvp) ive experienced a lot of toxic people, but I've also played on Stormrage (pve) and the community was great, and I've seen the exact same on live stream footage of a private servers so call me a liar all you want. I've my experience and there have always been bad apples in WoW at that's actualy a fact!

And also played on Bronzebeard (pve) since I was a true altoholic..
15/11/2017 13:33Posted by Vanillaftw

Indeed.

Bruv, you won't play it like you did. 50% of the players will be Warriors and that $#!& won't be fun. Like multiple people have said: Nobody will play Vanilla like it was played in 2004.
Vanilla didn't have some amazing community. People haven't changed nearly as much as some seem to think. I wasn't a kid back then so I do remember the bad as well as the good, and there was plenty of bad. What was better was the sense of community because you would see the same characters more than once.

The thing that will be different is that people will know more, a lot more. That will change how they approach the game. Probably for the worse because it will highlight problems to a degree that didn't happen originally.
if a single thing should be tweeked, it should be higher population cap, since the old one was give just by technology at that time, but i would still prefer nothing was tweeked since even this change can have negative impact on e.g. questing and harvesting, it would make it even harder then it already was in vanilla with single player tag/loot