Class hall annoyances.

General
Why do warlocks need 3 people to do ritual of doom? Other class hall fights (that I have seen) require only 1 like for example DH can solo it.

It is very slow to get people group for it. I'd like to collect destruction appearance from it, but its painful to try gather 3 people for it when I could just solo it.

Blizzard fix it, ok?
It's hard to believe it, but I really chose my main because of the class hall :D

The priestly hall is small, cosy and easy to navigate.
19/09/2017 09:15Posted by Lightmane
It's hard to believe it, but I really chose my main because of the class hall :D

The priestly hall is small, cosy and easy to navigate.

Plus it actually has a speedbuffer at the entrance.
Priest is really the most comfortable one.
19/09/2017 08:51Posted by Sharganeth
Why do warlocks need 3 people to do ritual of doom? Other class hall fights (that I have seen) require only 1 like for example DH can solo it.

It is very slow to get people group for it. I'd like to collect destruction appearance from it, but its painful to try gather 3 people for it when I could just solo it.

Blizzard fix it, ok?
its called class identity? Most people will actually argue that we dont get more of that.
19/09/2017 10:41Posted by Crashandburn
its called class identity? Most people will actually argue that we dont get more of that.

Class identity?

Are you trolling? :D

What exactly does it bring for warlocks in terms of... lets call it "class identity"? If you can provide something sensible regarding that, we could also think, is it really worth it as far as gameplay goes.

If you want to talk about class identity, arent we as warlocks "master warlocks" or something like that? Why do we need help to summon demons? Lorewise.
Does it somehow make warlock as class more interesting that we have to find two other people at minimum (this takes time) to do something that others can just go click and solo in just a few minutes when they feel like it?

:D

Please.
It's nod to the old Ritual of Doom spell Warlocks used to have to summon a doomguard.
19/09/2017 12:03Posted by Aldith
It's nod to the old Ritual of Doom spell Warlocks used to have to summon a doomguard.

And which would kill one of the summoning players in the process. ^^
19/09/2017 12:07Posted by Narialeene

Please, if you cant answer the topic properly, dont answer it at all.
19/09/2017 12:20Posted by Meropely
19/09/2017 12:07Posted by Narialeene

Please, if you cant answer the topic properly, dont answer it at all.

The post was answered properly, by the person quoted by the blue poster. There is nothing else to answer. If you do not appreciate the history of your class, either suck it up and do this one quest or don't do it. This game is not about you.
answer is lore, to summon the doomguard you needed 3 people. I don't remember properly but i think in vanilla you even needed to sacrifice someone. Or maybe the fact that you had to enslave the demon and sometimes it failed and killed ppl is the reason almost nobody wanted to summon that thing (which in my opinion is amazing, you are summoning a powerful demon, that must be risky and fearsome).
19/09/2017 12:24Posted by Flyk
either suck it up and do this one quest or don't do it. This game is not about you.

I've done the quest, and your wrong, this game is about me and everyone els who plays it, i have a right to speak and i have a right to say when i think a blue dont proprly ask the topic question. The game evolves, you might not, but thats your problem.
19/09/2017 12:30Posted by Meropely
19/09/2017 12:24Posted by Flyk
either suck it up and do this one quest or don't do it. This game is not about you.

I've done the quest, and your wrong, this game is about me and everyone els who plays it, i have a right to speak and i have a right to say when i think a blue dont proprly ask the topic question. The game evolves, you might not, but thats your problem.

I have no problems, I'm certainly not the one whining on the forums that my multiplayer game requires me to find multiple people to play it. I'm definitely not the one that didn't get the answer they wanted and started getting snappy with the officials when they turned up. The only person with a problem here seems to be you.

Also did you start going off on a free speech argument? If so you should look up what free speech is, because you're doing it wrong.
19/09/2017 12:33Posted by Flyk
19/09/2017 12:30Posted by Meropely

I have no problems, I'm certainly not the one whining on the forums that my multiplayer game requires me to find multiple people to play it. I'm definitely not the one that didn't get the answer they wanted and started getting snappy with the officials when they turned up. The only person with a problem here seems to be you.

Also did you start going off on a free speech argument? If so you should look up what free speech is, because you're doing it wrong.

as you said, suck it up
19/09/2017 12:39Posted by Meropely
as you said, suck it up

I am trying, there are too many tears from whiners like yourself. It's almost biblical. We need an ark.
The problem is that as fun as it is to remember how the ritual of doom used to work, at this point how the class hall ritual works is a nuisance that the group finder not always solves.

Is the kind of thing that was fine for the beginning of the expansion but now feels too punishing given the low interest in completing it and how easy the fight has become.
From memory, summoning a Doomguard used to require it being enslaved before it was of any use to the Warlock that summoned it... and yes - as @Narialeene rightly said - it had the ability to run riot & decimate anything it saw fit to decimate during the Enslave process.

As @Flyk also said, if you decline to acknowledge what has gone before, in terms of what your Class is about, then simply accept what is offered as reason/history/Lore & 'move on'.

At the end of the day, WoW is an RPG... and involves a degree of getting to know what you Class does & why; NOT saying we all need to ERP our Class, but a lot of what our Class of choice does has reasoning behind it that most may not wish to delve too deeply into.
19/09/2017 12:42Posted by Flyk
19/09/2017 12:39Posted by Meropely
as you said, suck it up

I am trying, there are too many tears from whiners like yourself. It's almost biblical. We need an ark.

Some EU-Silvermoon players need extra gentle handling... sadly.
Only purpose of ritual of doom, besides useless buff items - hidden desto artifact skin. Most people have already got it and don't bother with it anymore. New players or just people with bad luck still do it, but it is getting harder to find people for the ritual. I got my appearance at the start of the Legion, but I feel your pain, my fellow warlocks. I was expecting some problem-solving information, when I saw blue mark on this topic, not some useless bs about lore and stuff. Where are all my prunned abilities, you, lore-lovers!? Oh, looks like gameplay is more important, than RPG-lore part, isn't it? Then fix the problem ffs.
If, as @Purylock stated, the main reason behind the Ritual of Doom - in it's Quest format - is the Destruction Hidden skin, then maybe it falls to the thinking; how badly do you want the skin? If 'how' you get it is too much of a pain, then re-evaluate or know that it WILL require some time investment to get.

Some of the Hidden skins for the Classes I play require Withered Army Training & I can't stand the idea, so I just accept it & shelve the idea... one skin in particular requires me to PvP, which I hate with a passion; same thinking, "no, thanks... don't need it THAT badly!"
Leave the poor Blue alone guys, is it so hard to understand that they are are not developers, nor do they know what developers are planning, even if they did, they are not allowed to say anything.

People are really rude and inconsiderate nowdays.

-_-