Any update? Have they started?

Classic Discussion
I understand that it's possibly going to take years to complete this project, but have they at least started working on it?
I doubt they're going to keep us updated down the that level of granularity. Nor should they.

If they start announcing their decisions as they make them they'll just create groups of people shouting rabble rabble rabble for every minor decision they make. There's simply not consensus among players and thus it won't help matters at all to communicate too much.

I'd expect maybe some large milestone announcements. But nothing serious until there's something tangible to talk about.

Probably they have started by now. But it doesn't matter too much at this point I reckon.
I'm sure they've started to work,but it's going to take a year,maybe just 6-7 months i hope so...

Just let them work and they announce when they announce it.....
Don't even think about the release date,because it's going to hype you up....
Everything is almost finished, Blizz is just collecting info on what next steps should they take so there won't lack content. It's because there is like 2yrs of playing at most.
They should launch it around march
Late 2018 at the earliest
I am sure they have started on it at least, otherwise they wouldn't have announced the thing at Blizzcon or made specific forum for it yet.
12/12/2017 15:13Posted by Theradin
Everything is almost finished, Blizz is just collecting info on what next steps should they take so there won't lack content. It's because there is like 2yrs of playing at most.
They should launch it around march

It is far from finished.

They are still looking for a senior software engineer and a software engineer for the project.

March would be nice, though. Heck, i'd take January as well, but we all know that's not going to happen.

There's a lot more work involved than simply flipping switches, copying and pasting.
WOW IS KING